7. Nine top 3’s at B1Gs
6. Aaron’s Hodge
5. Davis winning B1Gs
4. Kasak’s run thru consis
3. 172.5 (all-time record)
2. Winning by 100 (all-time record)
1. Aaron and Carter become 4-timers

11. Having a stress-free summer.

While we are secure in knowing our roster is set, other teams are still mining the portal and beyond in a mad dash to close the gap.

Next up, the Olympics.

Some behind the scenes highlights:

The improvement of Gary Steen
Lucas Cochran jumps a level
The great assistant coaching of Jimmy Kennedy, who will be missed, but will be very well replaced by Nick Lee
The biggest blowout at Carver, ever
Ironbird jammed up twice
A recruiting class that has the potential to at least equal those classes of the past
David Evans, who nearly won the job and pushed Tyler Kasak all the way home to 3rd place.
Aaron Nagao showed great heart, wasn't healthy all season long and wrestled through it all.
The arrival of Mesenbrink.
Bernie Truax, 4 time All American.
Delicious Hawkeye Tears, perhaps the saltiest, most delicious, moist tears yet...

makes me think...

what's B1G point record? (i know, i know. goalposts have moved a bit over the years).

One other bittersweet good moment. (i.e. sort of a consolation prize) David Carr's win over Mesenbrink in the NCAA finals boosted Iowa State's point total by 4 points so that they edged out Iowa for 4th place. That's the first time that Iowa State has finished ahead of Iowa since 2007.

1. Tailgates at Big's
2. Finally meeting McPat, even though I jerkfaced him with the meeting spot.
3. Meeting Creamery Freak. Great dude!
4. Drinking a whiskey with the 2nd coolest guy ever at Local Whiskey.
5. Not getting thrown out of Local Whiskey this year.
6. Hanging with Sleepy Lion and Browny. They are great guys.
7. The Michigan duals!!!
8. Going to every home dual with my man PSU Paul!!!!
9. Making it home safe with said Paul. Greatest driver ever!!
10. The Olympic trials. Holy wow! That was fun. Thanks Roar and crew.

This board, which is by far the best and most knowledgeable in the sport. No, I am not trying for cool points. This board actually IS the best in the sport, which is why every other fan base spends most of their time on here than their own house.

GIA, of course is disqualified due to total idiocy 😂

That said, another highlight of the season was the record breaking number of wrestlers who purposely threw matches against Penn State in the NCAA championships. 😂

One other bittersweet good moment. (i.e. sort of a consolation prize) David Carr's win over Mesenbrink in the NCAA finals boosted Iowa State's point total by 4 points so that they edged out Iowa for 4th place. That's the first time that Iowa State has finished ahead of Iowa since 2007.
Dresser and company have been quietly rebuilding ISU into a top 5 team.

Reactions: AgSurfer
Dresser and company have been quietly rebuilding ISU into a top 5 team.
You bet they are. I had the opportunity to talk briefly with Metcalf at CKLV last December. They are a pretty determined bunch of guys who also know what they are doing. Except good competition from them in the future.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT