ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten, SEC in discussions over landmark scheduling agreement with focus on revenue, solidifying CFP spots

The ACC and Big XII should take the 4/4/2/2 14 team playoff model and thank the SEC/Big Ten for allowing them to remain relevant. Not the time to go to war with those who have real power

Reactions: Vic Vaselino
This is a great idea and great for the fans. I brought up this idea before on this board and take full credit for it (LOL). Seriously, check my posts.

Just do what basketball does and have the B10 vs SEC challenge every year. For us we could have a mid September game every year versus a rotation of opponents like Bama, LSU, Georgia, LSU, Tenn, Ole Miss, A&M, Texas, Oklahoma. Florida, etc.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
This is a great idea and great for the fans. I brought up this idea before on this board and take full credit for it (LOL). Seriously, check my posts.

Just do what basketball does and have the B10 vs SEC challenge every year. For us we could have a mid September game every year versus a rotation of opponents like Bama, LSU, Georgia, LSU, Tenn, Ole Miss, A&M, Texas, Oklahoma. Florida, etc.
If we do this we also need to copy the SEC strategy of playing a patsy in Week 10 or 11 to rest starters and play backups in preparation for CCG and playoffs.

A big downside is playing in Deep South in September. Very hot and humid.

Get them to have a couple in mid November here to balance it out.

Do what SC and ND do when they play each other.

When the game is at ND it has to be in September or October. When the game is at SC it’s in November. That way ND doesn’t deal with the Southern California heat and SC doesn’t deal with Indiana cold weather in November.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT