ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest Hawkeye Board Meltdown

Bartlett upsets Woods. Seems like they are counting on Woods being a national champion this year so if Bartlett beats him and PSU then has another kid that can place high and place higher than his Hawkeye counterpart that would definitely create a meltdown

Reactions: mjmirv
Kerk pins Cass
Steen last 3 periods with Lee
Bartlett upsets Woods
SVN mauls Murin
Steen going three periods with Lee would send shockwaves further than just Iowa. Lee looks like he decided he's going scorched earth on the wrestling world for his final year.

How about Levi beats Lewan and majors Saldate this weekend then majors Siebrecht to put him in line for a 2 seed heading into the B1G's with a legit shot at being a 6th champion for PSU this year?

Kerk pins Cass
Steen last 3 periods with Lee
Bartlett upsets Woods
SVN mauls Murin
tumblr_inline_mworz9fhO71ss29mi.gif

Reactions: PSU James
The biggest would be Bartlett beating Woods. Woods is suppoed to be a National Champ contender. Going three periods with Lee doesn't really mean anything in the big picture. It might lock up the meet if Lee only gets them 4 points.

I think most can see that Kerk seems to have passed Cass and Murin losing wouldn't be a super shocker. He is still probably favored over SVN but when you wrestle that close losses happen.

facundo over kennedy would be pretty bad. most over there are higher on PK than me. that would be a brutal wake up call.
You may be lowish on PK, but you've consistently been pretty low on Alex as well--as alluded by your typically deft underhanded compliment ;-)

Reactions: js8793
You may be lowish on PK, but you've consistently been pretty low on Alex as well--as alluded by your typically deft underhanded compliment ;-)
for sure, and i think PK wins, but he's honestly been a little worse than i thought, and facundo has been a little better than i thought. one thing that has me worried is kennedy struggles to finish and one thing facundo does at a high level is defend. i could see PK being in deep 2-3 times and control the mat, but not finish and then facundo steals it late.

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
for sure, and i think PK wins, but he's honestly been a little worse than i thought, and facundo has been a little better than i thought. one thing that has me worried is kennedy struggles to finish and one thing facundo does at a high level is defend. i could see PK being in deep 2-3 times and control the mat, but not finish and then facundo steals it late.
Did you watch him finish those two single legs on Facundo in WNO?

Reactions: HawkFan1986
With @js8793 on Kennedy over Facundo, that's one that they have penciled in as a sure win.

But I'm going with Bartlett over Woods. That's a match they have for sure locked as a win (some hope with bonus) and any hope they have in March (though they will admit it's not much at all) hinges on Woods winning the whole thing with a lot of bonus and Bartlett missing the podium.

Bartlett has been much improved at 141 but hasn't beaten anyone of note yet. Him beating Woods would put a huge chink in Woods' armor while raising Bartlett's stock a ton and in theory give PSU a potential 6th contender this year.

Edit: @zzs006 beat me to it

Last edited:
The biggest would be Bartlett beating Woods. Woods is suppoed to be a National Champ contender. Going three periods with Lee doesn't really mean anything in the big picture. It might lock up the meet if Lee only gets them 4 points.

I think most can see that Kerk seems to have passed Cass and Murin losing wouldn't be a super shocker. He is still probably favored over SVN but when you wrestle that close losses happen.
Gimme SVN over Murin all day long and twice on Sunday.

@CSauertiegPSU Preseason you said if Van Ness is healthy, you would bet every you own that he beats Murin. He seems pretty healthy, sticking by that prediction as of today?

I remember Brandon Meredith was able to avoid getting pinned by Spencer. Possible the coaches works with them specifically to turn a certain direction with Spencer's arm bar so he can't get both shoulder blades down lol. Probably inevitable but if Gary can avoid the pin, that would be a huge huge win.

Reactions: mcpat
@CSauertiegPSU Preseason you said if Van Ness is healthy, you would bet every you own that he beats Murin. He seems pretty healthy, sticking by that prediction as of today?
Gosh, I’m not *as* confident as I was but I do think Van Ness win still, yes. He’s gonna give himself more chances to score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT