ADVERTISEMENT

Birmingham Bowl - Memphis player

What the hell??? Missed the game. Is there some story to this? Odd that he runs away celebrating.

The days of representing your school, or business, or organization, with dignity and class are, for the most part, over. If you want to say something, you say it. If you want something someone else has, you take it. If you feel the need to act out in public, you do it. Generally, unless you're committing a crime, you will get away with it.

The days of representing your school, or business, or organization, with dignity and class are, for the most part, over. If you want to say something, you say it. If you want something someone else has, you take it. If you feel the need to act out in public, you do it. Generally, unless you're committing a crime, you will get away with it.

As they say on Facebook - Amen.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Yep. The Memphis coaching staff needs blistered for this with the kid.

According to that bleacher report article this isn't the first time the kid has done this. Apparently whenever he plays in a game where he gets an interception he goes over to the other team's bench after the game and steals one of their game balls (and it's well known enough that the Memphis news reporters know it and Auburn was reportedly also warned he might try it).

The fact people (AD, coaches, etc) at Memphis know this and allow it to continue is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Aren't there a couple of crimes being committed there?

Funny, yet sad...all at the same time

cb8f9122387064f54ce5952049ea5491.gif

Memphis had a brawl after their bowl game last year with BYU. Seems to be a pattern here.

Memphis had a brawl after their bowl game last year with BYU. Seems to be a pattern here.

Yes, probably one of the programs I root against weekly. They always do stuff like this and their coach think it's ok.. It was fun watching Navy run up and down the field on them and beat them with total class. It was also fun watching a average SEC school throttle them today.

Their head coach was already gone and not there today. He was hired to replace Beamer sevral weeks ago.

Memphis, one of the "homicide capitals" in the country. Nothing new here.

The University of Memphis has removed CB Reggie Ball from the program due to his actions and issued a formal apology to Auburn University and its fans.

However, if I am correct, Ball's football career at Memphis was over anyway but they are banning him from any further involvement with the program. Announcement was by Tom Bowen, Director of Athletics.

I disagree...I've coached a ton of young men over the past 15 years and they've been respectful, carried themselves very well and were the kind of kids any school or organization would be proud of.

I thought there were some issues around Memphis sports and thug like behavior (for lack of s
The University of Memphis has removed CB Reggie Ball from the program due to his actions and issued a formal apology to Auburn University and its fans.

However, if I am correct, Ball's football career at Memphis was over anyway but they are banning him from any further involvement with the program. Announcement was by Tom Bowen, Director of Athletics.

Yeah- so they announce this now only after it was caught on Twitter and spread like wildfire. He's well known for doing this apparently and they really didn't care when he did it before since it didn't make national headlines.

I think you're correct in that today was his last game anyway so no big deal really that they kick him off the team now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT