ADVERTISEMENT

Black Knight Invitational

I think we are limited to 2 kids Max per weight class or at least that is how it seems to be laid out. Matt is on the roster as 157/165 and Joe 165.

I don't know if I would read to much into no Joe for this event.

For sure, he is an enigma, and there are opinions here from he will return to his RS year form to he is what he is a NQ guy but likely no points potential. I am unable to form an opinion either way.

Cael mentioned that they were allowed a maximum of 15 wrestlers and that he was taking the full amount. He also mentioned Joe Lee as still being a candidate to start and seemed to indicate he would be at the Black Knight Invite. He said that Carter, Aaron, and Greg would not be going on Sunday because they need to be in Texas on Tue. No mention of RBY but also not surprising.

Interested in how everybody does, but Cochran especially. When he was coming in last year there was some chatter he could develop into more than depth. Will be interested to see where he stands a year in.

Of course, like the rest of you, I am anxious to watch Levi.

It will be interesting to see if Steen can make adjustments to his style necessary for success.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Hey, I really like Alex Facundo but to give the His Majesty title after the Lock Haven match is a little much for me at this point!!
We all love the kid, but who is crowning him champ, and for what?

Ill go out on a limb to crown him BNI champ this weekend, but 165 this year is like wrestling a grizzley bear in briar patch covered in honey. If he gets AA I will be pleased. Doable for sure, but any loftier goals than that are way premature.

Ill go out on a limb to crown him BNI champ this weekend, but 165 this year is like wrestling a grizzley bear in briar patch covered in honey. If he gets AA I will be pleased. Doable for sure, but any loftier goals than that are way premature.

Ill go out on a limb to crown him BNI champ this weekend, but 165 this year is like wrestling a grizzley bear in briar patch.

That wasn’t a bird that just flew over …

Look at the article. Well played @The Kid Twist

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
If BearClaw and Haines meet up in finals do we think they wrestle?
raingump-kto.gif

worms-creepy.gif

Surprised no RBY. If not injured what else he going to do Sunday with all his friends having some fun?
Practice with Gilman and Nick? Get a roll in with Jimmy and Cody, then spectate/coach?

He can’t wrestle unattached. So for this even he’ll be wrestling for PSU. It will be his second of up to 5 events in the first semester if PSU wants to maintain his redshirt.
I thought the 5-count spanned semesters as an attached wrestler, but all events in fall need to be attached. I believe guys can wrestle select 2nd semester duals and potentially retain the shirt.

I thought the 5-count spanned semesters as an attached wrestler, but all events in fall need to be attached. I believe guys can wrestle select 2nd semester duals and potentially retain the shirt.
The 5 count does span semesters. Sorry, meant to clarify that. I more meant that he can only compete in 5 events this semester. He could also compete unattached as much as he wants next semester.

Lots of snow in western NY, wonder if the tournament will get canceled.
West Point isn't really Western NY, and probably doesn't get much lake effect snow. I'm seeing 0" on the ground on Weather Underground.

Buffalo, on the other hand, seems to have the Night King invading it (66" in the last 24 hours is a new state record):

I was stationed at Fort Drum (Watertown, NY). They got absolutely smashed by the storm. Typical horrific weather for that place.

The Hudson Valley appeared to get very little. Looks like the snow was mostly west of and on the I-81 corridor.

Reactions: diggerpup
This definitely is a sign Levi is in contention for that spot, whether from personal desire or coaches' plan, who knows but don't think the plan is to redshirt him if he is good enough
Except from what I hear Barraclaugh is beating him in the room.

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT