ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett

This is just a wild ride that I'm here for.

But it can only end badly, right? I mean this much exposure cant be good.

It's a small community. If the kid picks his nose with his pinky it's on video.

Reactions: PASLP2

Obligatory:

HfzeVnj.jpg

Beau has his own thread on every almost every big time wrestling programs board. I been watching a lot about him and he seems to really like the sport. Best of luck to him at worlds.

Beau has his own thread on every almost every big time wrestling programs board. I been watching a lot about him and he seems to really like the sport. Best of luck to him at worlds.
Hope he doesn’t pick his nose because there seems like lots of adults and coaches following him. I just watched his Bader interview and it was so good. He speaks better than most adults I know and work with.

If I had a kid I wish he was like this kid. Beau has more hype than most NCAA champs and I find myself like most adults, obsessed with him.

hard not to be a fan with interviews like this and him starting to hang in the PSU room

Reactions: Dogwelder
Serious question (cuz you never know with me)

Is it not an infraction for a college coach to do this as the kids are not yet in HS?

For some reason I think that’s precisely why it’s not an infraction - but once they get to HS it is.

For some reason I think that’s precisely why it’s not an infraction - but once they get to HS it is.
Ain't this how all the malarkey started in basketball and money sports with coaches offering middle schoolers and shit? Ugh.

Kind of crazy that a middle schooler and a kid who will be in college next year are on the same team for Cadet worlds.

Kind of crazy that a middle schooler and a kid who will be in college next year are on the same team for Cadet worlds.
It definitely is ... Bo is old for his grade (though not by as much as people make it sound, think Mark Hall) and Levi is young for his grade. Bo is also obviously way way ahead of the curve (like a year ahead of Spencer's trajectory age wise as of right now) to be able to make Cadet Teams after 7th grade. It definitely doesn't hurt that Bassett definitely looks up to Levi and they're already really close.

It definitely is ... Bo is old for his grade (though not by as much as people make it sound, think Mark Hall) and Levi is young for his grade. Bo is also obviously way way ahead of the curve (like a year ahead of Spencer's trajectory age wise as of right now) to be able to make Cadet Teams after 7th grade. It definitely doesn't hurt that Bassett definitely looks up to Levi and they're already really close.

This could lead Bassett to PSU. This is how things start

This is a great question? How can a 14yr old be on the cadet team with a 17yr old. His bday must be late in 2006. So he really isn’t that old.

Levi is really young for his grade. His dad told me numerous times he wishes he would of held him back. Perry’s dad said it was the best thing he could of done.

if I ever have kids I would seriously consider it. More opportunities, with in the rules, physically & emotionally alittle older wouldnt hurt in college and no one ever brings up in the ncaa semis,,,, oh wait this kid was held back in fourth grade. Other than the jealous MS dad, who’s wife won’t let him do it with his own son, no one else seems to care.

This is a great question? How can a 14yr old be on the cadet team with a 17yr old. His bday must be late in 2006. So he really isn’t that old.

Levi is really young for his grade. His dad told me numerous times he wishes he would of held him back. Perry’s dad said it was the best thing he could of done.

if I ever have kids I would seriously consider it. More opportunities, with in the rules, physically & emotionally alittle older wouldnt hurt in college and no one ever brings up in the ncaa semis,,,, oh wait this kid was held back in fourth grade. Other than the jealous MS dad, who’s wife won’t let him do it with his own son, no one else seems to care.
Not holding Haines back could turn out to have the best long-term impact.

All other things being equal (including his career length), it gives him one more year of being coached by Cael and Casey, and one more year of NLWC level training partners.

I wasn't referring to Levi Haines; is he starting at PSU this fall?

I was talking about the kid who is going to UNC, Spencer Moore.

If a kid needs held back for academic or social reasons, that’s understandable. Sports playing any role in that decision is utter insanity. Like you said, the best wrestlers will be the one in the NCAA semis regardless of whether they were held back or not. All holding them back does is pad the high school stats, which are meaningless at the end of the day.

ADVERTISEMENT