ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett

Bo*

There is a lot of Spencer in him for sure, he effortlessly dominates HS state champs. Will be interesting to see what weight he ultimately grows into. His recruitment will be one for the books, that's for sure.

Reactions: Boards
I do not know HS recruiting that well. Where is he from? Is PSU in consideration?

Junior High.

This thread is way premature. As in, by a couple years.

Agreed. I think this kid is indeed the next great thing, however...

1) serious recruiting and commit discussions are 3 years away
2) if he committed early, he might change his mind
3) the body changes significantly between Fesh - Senior year (let alone middle school) sometimes to the wrestlers detriment.

Look no further than Adam Busiello on all 3

Why declare a junior high kid the next anything? Can't wait until he gets into HS?

The last "next" guy got pinned at states. Stuff happens.
Why? Cuz thats what we do, especially in the off-season.
What did you expect to see with a thread titled “Beau Bassett”
What would you rather us discuss today?

Edit, forgot my 😁

Reactions: El-Jefe
rhq.gif

Actually I think the younger Gibson and Landon Bainey are the ones who may end up along side the kid. I know neither kid won states as a frosh but they both lost their matches to much bigger kids. When they grow into their weights they will be something special

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Actually I think the younger Gibson and Landon Bainey are the ones who may end up along side the kid. I know neither kid won states as a frosh but they both lost their matches to much bigger kids. When they grow into their weights they will be something special
Much bigger kids🤔?
Why on earth would they be wrestling in a bigger weight class 💆‍♂️?
Grow into their weights🤦‍♂️

Correct me if Im wrong bu…ah f-it.

Reactions: Antaeus
Much bigger kids🤔?
Why on earth would they be wrestling in a bigger weight class 💆‍♂️?
Grow into their weights🤦‍♂️

Correct me if Im wrong bu…ah f-it.
Light weights going against more experienced, longer wrestlers...at that age 1 or 2 years makes a huge difference

So.....having longer arms and more experience makes them weigh more than others at their weight? I am confused :)
To resolve confusion, just ask yourself: Which is heavier, a pound of new feathers or a pound of old rocks? Now, what if the feathers are arranged in a ball, but the rocks are elongated? I hope I have taught you to fish and now you can eat for a lifetime. :)

To resolve confusion, just ask yourself: Which is heavier, a pound of new feathers or a pound of old rocks? Now, what if the feathers are arranged in a ball, but the rocks are elongated? I hope I have taught you to fish and now you can eat for a lifetime. :)
Am I supposed to eat the new feathers or the old rocks? Still confused :)

The Bassetts, Gibsons, and other Bishop McCort wrestlers have been wrestling for David Taylor and M2 the last couple months in duals. Bo just won both Greco and free Cadet titles and made the World team. And is close to PSU’s newest recruit., Levi Haines. This kid has been beating HS state Champions and place winners for awhile.

He posted picture with John Smith and Chris Perry today on Twitter the Bassett Brothers.

Also picture with the guerrilla hulk and other coaches at a camp.

I think a big part of where Bo goes is how much he grows. If he is a 125/133, I can see why going to Iowa and wrestling with Spencer ( his idol) and being coached by TnT (say what you want but their track record with lightweights speaks for itself) would be most appealing to him. If he grows to to a middleweight then I definitely think Penn State would be his calling.

Brands has been Iowas coach for i believe 15 yrs has had 4 different wrestlers, 2 at 133 and 2 at 125 win titles. 3 others he coached to titles at other weights. 7 wrestlers - 13 titled

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT