ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal At The Sig Shoot

Pretty cool. Haven’t shot guns much, but that looks fun. I am absolutely brutal at archery. Could never improve. It’s like the opposite of bowling for me. Haven’t bowled much, but I can awake from a nap, get handed a bowling ball, and roll a 200 - archery - fugeddaboutit

Pretty cool. Haven’t shot guns much, but that looks fun. I am absolutely brutal at archery. Could never improve. It’s like the opposite of bowling for me. Haven’t bowled much, but I can awake from a nap, get handed a bowling ball, and roll a 200 - archery - fugeddaboutit
I got 1000 bucks that I can hand you a bowling ball and you won't break 200. Full disclosure......you will be bowling duck pins.....if you even know what they are :)

Classic video. Seriously...have you ever bowled Duck Pins? Sometimes called rubber band pins. The balls are bocci sized. Very tough since the ball is small enough to take out the 1 and 5 without touching another pin. Same with the 2 and 8 or 3 and 9. Hard to build a high score with so many gut shots. It was mainly a Slovak area favorite. A number of places in the Windber/ Johnstown area had leagues. Lots of fun but humbling for certain.

Reactions: Ski
Classic video. Seriously...have you ever bowled Duck Pins? Sometimes called rubber band pins. The balls are bocci sized. Very tough since the ball is small enough to take out the 1 and 5 without touching another pin. Same with the 2 and 8 or 3 and 9. Hard to build a high score with so many gut shots. It was mainly a Slovak area favorite. A number of places in the Windber/ Johnstown area had leagues. Lots of fun but humbling for certain.
Anyone else remember the show "Duckpins for Dollars"? I'm pretty sure that was out of Baltimore. I grew up in York and can remember watching that from time to time with my Dad.

Reactions: mhlarch
This was very cool! I shoot IDPA, which is pistol scenarios and once we did a pistol and rifle day which was tons of fun. I would suck at archery.
I tried an IPSc match 30 some years ago, I used the standard 1911 with iron sites shooting 230 grand Ball Amo. This is back when they had those race guns like 9 x 23 and stuff like that with all the crazy optical sites.

I shot fairly accurately, but finished dead last L O L! I actually tried to shoot it like I had a shoot at targets, I did walk-through counting steps, no getting a site picture prior to my run, and it was using a standard carry holster.

I actually tried to pretend like I was using the cover, not leaning with my body outside, it was a lot of fun and it showed me if your practice you can do all right.

I was pretending bad guys were shooting back at me for what it’s worth I’d recommend everyone try some kind of shooting competition at least once.

I got 1000 bucks that I can hand you a bowling ball and you won't break 200. Full disclosure......you will be bowling duck pins.....if you even know what they are :)
I have yet to break 100 in duckpin. I'll get in with you on that bet.

I have yet to break 100 in duckpin. I'll get in with you on that bet.
It is funny. My first real job was as a pin-setter. I later bowled in a couple Duck-pin leagues. In the six team league the top 6 averages became captains the following year. One year I was 7th with a 148.6 or 146.8 average. I think the highest average was always in the high 150s or low 160s. It is a tough game but loads of fun moments.

Anyone else remember the show "Duckpins for Dollars"? I'm pretty sure that was out of Baltimore. I grew up in York and can remember watching that from time to time with my Dad.
There is an ipa out of Baltimore called Duckpin. Also Double Duckpin. I wonder if there is a connection there

This was very cool! I shoot IDPA, which is pistol scenarios and once we did a pistol and rifle day which was tons of fun. I would suck at archery.
I used to belong to a “post hole shooting team”. One pistol, one rifle, one shot gun. The goal was to see how long it took to saw off a 4”X4” that had been sunk in the ground. This was an absolute hoot. A good team blew over the 4X4 in less than 4 seconds. Pointless for sure . . . which is often the real purpose of recreation.

I used to belong to a “post hole shooting team”. One pistol, one rifle, one shot gun. The goal was to see how long it took to saw off a 4”X4” that had been sunk in the ground. This was an absolute hoot. A good team blew over the 4X4 in less than 4 seconds. Pointless for sure . . . which is often the real purpose of recreation.
That is awesome! I'd bring my 45-70.

There is, Baltimore claims the invention of the variation. No idea how apocryphal

Really, APOCRYPHAL, I like learning new words. I like to sound intelligent but not like I studied the dictionary for 4 years straight. Lol

Reactions: hlstone
Bet you I could beat that time shooting with an M242 Bushmaster!

Reactions: bourbon n blues
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT