ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl guru Palm has us back in the NY6

Losing to Georgia?
Yeah, if they would have beat A&M they wouldn't have fallen behind anyone not named USC.
Are we really trying to compare the two situations?

You stated that LSU was not going to fall behind Alabama in the final CFP poll even by losing to Georgia in the CCG because of the head to head. And that LSU would go to the Sugar as a result. I’m happy to dig up posts if you wish since it’s clear you have no interest in being consistent in your arguments.

Edit: just FWIW…

Bama's not jumping LSU if LSU falls to Georgia. There's no way. If I'm wrong I'll own it but literally all the experts have LSU staying ahead of Bama in those scenarios right now.

I don’t see anybody putting down an undefeated TCU. I did provide information about three teams that, should they lose, they would not be undefeated.

Why can UGA and Michigan lose the ccg and get in, no questions asked yet TCU *has* to win or it's very certain they don't?

You stated that LSU was not going to fall behind Alabama in the final CFP poll even by losing to Georgia in the CCG because of the head to head. And that LSU would go to the Sugar as a result. I’m happy to dig up posts if you wish since it’s clear you have no interest in being consistent in your arguments.

Edit: just FWIW…
Do you see anywhere in that post "because they beat them H2H"?

Because of the perception of both programs
And still no one thinks TCU is legit
I don’t think that’s true at all. The scuttlebutt was more that people didn’t think TCU would win out; now that they have they are being much more highly regarded. It’s certainly borderline but I leaning toward TCU makes it even with losing over tOSU, if it’s a reasonable close game with Kansas St. tOSU losing by a decent margin at home didn’t help their case versus another 1 loss team especially with the luster of their “big win” versus Notre Dame having taken a big hit.

If USC loses, TCU is definitely in regardless since there’s only tOSU to leap them.

Why can UGA and Michigan lose the ccg and get in, no questions asked yet TCU *has* to win or it's very certain they don't?
Because they would end up being second place in a weak conference. OSU would be second place in a strong conference with their only loss being to the #2 team in the country.

I don’t think that’s true at all. The scuttlebutt was more that people didn’t think TCU would win out; now that they have they are being much more highly regarded. It’s certainly borderline but I leaning toward TCU makes it even with losing over tOSU, if it’s a reasonable close game with Kansas St. tOSU losing by a decent margin at home didn’t help their case versus another 1 loss team especially with the luster of their “big win” versus Notre Dame having taken a big hit.

If USC loses, TCU is definitely in regardless since there’s only tOSU to leap them.
Probably true--I'm not ruling out Alabama though if TCU and USC lose

Because they would end up being second place in a weak conference. OSU would be second place in a strong conference with their only loss being to the #2 team in the country.

Would Oklahoma have the same worry? I'm fairly sure they would be in regardless, much like UGA and Michigan.

How many playoff appearances does OU have playing in the same weak Big 12?

Would Oklahoma have the same worry? I'm fairly sure they would be in regardless, much like UGA and Michigan.

Same with Clemson--you're absolutely right about the bias
Teams that have proven themselves in the past get the benefit of the doubt
Sonny Dykes and TCU doesn't get that level of respect...
I still want my 24 team playoff lol
This would be an amazing year for it

Want more stats
Illinois outscored Big Ten opponents by 72
Purdue by 11--EVELEN and they didn't play Ohio State or Michigan
There's no comparison

Funny none of those stats broke the tie between Purdue and Illinois to decide who went to Indianapolis. Why is that? It's because they're utterly meaningless.

From the land of irrelevant statistics, since you're so steadfast that the cuse is a better team than indiana.

Syracuse better a better scoring offense: 28.3 vs 23.3
Cuse has a better passing offense both in yards and YPA 2685 and 8.3 vs 2600 and 5.4.
Cuse has a better rushing offense, 1714 vs 1330.

Cuse gives up fewer yards per game. 338 vs 448
Cuse gives up fewer points per game. 22.67 vs 33.92

Cuse a better turnover ratio +8 vs -4
Cuse averages more yards per ko return
Cuse averages more yards per punt return
Cuse averages more yards per interception return.
Cuse did not lose to Rutgers.

The fact that you say there's no comparison between two teams that finished with the same record in the same division shows that you're a lunatic. It's an absolutely bizarre hill to die on. Like Purdue Pete violated your wife or something.

Reactions: CbusLion10
I provided information why UGA and UM would be higher than TCU. With what is possible for next week, that means they would get in despite losing.

I didn’t state it was certain TCU wouldn’t make it with a loss, let alone very certain.

Reactions: lazydave841
Funny none of those stats broke the tie between Purdue and Illinois to decide who went to Indianapolis. Why is that? It's because they're utterly meaningless.

From the land of irrelevant statistics, since you're so steadfast that the cuse is a better team than indiana.

Syracuse better a better scoring offense: 28.3 vs 23.3
Cuse has a better passing offense both in yards and YPA 2685 and 8.3 vs 2600 and 5.4.
Cuse has a better rushing offense, 1714 vs 1330.

Cuse gives up fewer yards per game. 338 vs 448
Cuse gives up fewer points per game. 22.67 vs 33.92

Cuse a better turnover ratio +8 vs -4
Cuse averages more yards per ko return
Cuse averages more yards per punt return
Cuse averages more yards per interception return.
Cuse did not lose to Rutgers.

The fact that you say there's no comparison between two teams that finished with the same record in the same division shows that you're a lunatic. It's an absolutely bizarre hill to die on. Like Purdue Pete violated your wife or something.
What tie? There wasn't a tie
Syracuse built up that resume playing garbage teams all year--put them in the Big Ten East like Indiana and see what they do. They absolutely could lose to Rutgers
There's no comparison. I actually like Brohm and Purdue. They just weren't very good this year. See the point differential in Big Ten play again

Yes, I would say Oklahoma would have the same worry. When Oklahoma got in, they won their conference. TCU losing wouldn’t just be about them having one loss, it would be about them not winning their conference. If Oklahoma was undefeated this year and lost the championship game to Kansas State, I think OSU would get in over them as well.

Losing to Georgia?
Yeah, if they would have beat A&M they wouldn't have fallen behind anyone not named USC.
Are we really trying to compare the two situations?

If Penn State played Illinois or Purdue this coming weekend who do you think would be more likely to upset us?

Us? Are you still pretending to be a Penn State fan?

• Haha
Reactions: Psugo823
His insistence to keep the fraud going is amazing. Ted and the others left a week after the Michigan game and this guy is in serious obsession compulsion mode 😆 🤣 😂

This is literally the dumbest argument being made on this board which speaks volumes
Penn State fans don't all have to be unable to accept reality
I'm a college football fan that went to Penn State and has rooted for Penn State since the day I was born. The problem is many here are Penn State fans that hate the Big Ten, FBS and the NCAA and therefore don't comprehend anything.

This is literally the dumbest argument being made on this board which speaks volumes
Penn State fans don't all have to be unable to accept reality
I'm a college football fan that went to Penn State and has rooted for Penn State since the day I was born. The problem is many here are Penn State fans that hate the Big Ten, FBS and the NCAA and therefore don't comprehend anything.

What about those of us who are Penn State fans who don’t hate the Big Ten, FBS, and NCAA, and who see through your act?

What about those of us who are Penn State fans who don’t hate the Big Ten, FBS, and NCAA, and who see through your act?
What act? Exactly what indicates that I'm not a Penn State fan
I think they had a good/solid/great season. I think the future is bright. They literally beat everyone they were supposed to and most of them with ease. They lost to the two teams they were supposed to and we need to close that gap. I wish there was a 12 team (24 really) so we could see how we'd do against someone not Ohio State/Michigan. But I'm not pretending our wins were against "great" or even "good" teams as they weren't. So, what's the problem?

What act? Exactly what indicates that I'm not a Penn State fan
I think they had a good/solid/great season. I think the future is bright. They literally beat everyone they were supposed to and most of them with ease. They lost to the two teams they were supposed to and we need to close that gap. I wish there was a 12 team (24 really) so we could see how we'd do against someone not Ohio State/Michigan. But I'm not pretending our wins were against "great" or even "good" teams as they weren't. So, what's the problem?

The problem is you keep on insisting that we didn't beat one "good" team all year...even though we beat an 8-win divisional champ, an 8-win team tied for second in that division, a 9-win likely conference (albeit non-p5) champ...just to name a few. You've been beating this drum all year, Lando, and it's a ridiculous line you're peddling.

Why not just limit your indictment to the claim we didn't beat a great team, and that we can't seem to get over the hump against the Big Two. Then you'd be on firmer ground though would still come across as a bit of a nag, given the excellent season we had. But claiming as you do that Purdue (for one) isn't a "good" team might lead some to believe you're an unserious observer.

Reactions: mydome88
I think there is still a shot for the rose bowl. If usc loses to Utah that would make tOSU the highest rated one loss team. B1G can get two teams in the playoff moving us to a rose bowl versus Utah.

Reactions: john4psu
The problem is you keep on insisting that we didn't beat one "good" team all year...even though we beat an 8-win divisional champ, an 8-win team tied for second in that division, a 9-win likely conference (albeit non-p5) champ...just to name a few. You've been beating this drum all year, Lando, and it's a ridiculous line you're peddling.

Why not just limit your indictment to the claim we didn't beat a great team, and that we can't seem to get over the hump against the Big Two. Then you'd be on firmer ground though would still come across as a bit of a nag, given the excellent season we had. But claiming as you do that Purdue (for one) isn't a "good" team might lead some to believe you're an unserious observer.
Pretending Purdue is a good win mKss me believe you're biased. They're unranked and I've broken down the resume. Lost to Syracuse, beat FAU and Maryland by 2 points, got blown out by Iowa at home. What has Purdue done to show they're a good team? It's not just win total. That's based on who you play. You're selling Ohio as a good team? Why's that? Because they won the MAC East. That's like saying UTSA should be top 15 for being 10-2. We beat Minnesota without Morgan. We all know how little that means.

Here's the deal. There's different types of fans. You're a cheerleader. You get excited about things others don't care about like beating average to poor teams. You're excited about a NY6 game. All that is great but it doesn't make you more of a fan or a better fan. I'm far more critical and analytical. I don't watch sports for pure enjoyment. I watch it to analyze it.

Pretending Purdue is a good win mKss me believe you're biased. They're unranked and I've broken down the resume. Lost to Syracuse, beat FAU and Maryland by 2 points, got blown out by Iowa at home. What has Purdue done to show they're a good team? It's not just win total. That's based on who you play. You're selling Ohio as a good team? Why's that? Because they won the MAC East. That's like saying UTSA should be top 15 for being 10-2. We beat Minnesota without Morgan. We all know how little that means.

Here's the deal. There's different types of fans. You're a cheerleader. You get excited about things others don't care about like beating average to poor teams. You're excited about a NY6 game. All that is great but it doesn't make you more of a fan or a better fan. I'm far more critical and analytical. I don't watch sports for pure enjoyment. I watch it to analyze it.
I'm the furthest thing from a rah rah fan boy, but why not be excited about a 10-win NY6 season? Their pre-season win total was around 8 to 8.5. Losing to Ohio State every year sucks, but why would you expect PSU to beat them? They're a superior program in every way. I'd love to see PSU make a playoff, but they are what they are. We aren't close to a top-5 program and being ranked 6 to 10 is a very successful season.

I'm the furthest thing from a rah rah fan boy, but why not be excited about a 10-win NY6 season? Their pre-season win total was around 8 to 8.5. Losing to Ohio State every year sucks, but why would you expect PSU to beat them? They're a superior program in every way. I'd love to see PSU make a playoff, but they are what they are. We aren't close to a top-5 program and being ranked 6 to 10 is a very successful season.
Who said you can't be excited? I've said countless times this was a good/great season. I have zero complaints other than the Purdue and Michigan games. I'm very impressed and excited for the future. It was a huge step in the right direction. I'm just not pretending Purdue, Ohio and Minnesota are good teams.

And I don't care about bowls which is why the NY6 thing is irrelevant to me. There's 3 games that matter after this weekend which has 2 that matter.

Reactions: PSUoh90

So what qualifies a "good" team seems like based on your criteria it isn't any team in the top let's say 35-40 in the country. Does it have to be top 20? Is it just your eye test? What critical and analytical methods do you use to determine who is "good". If we go to the Cotton Bowl and play a 10-2 Tulane team that is in the top 20 will they be a "good" team or will we still have beaten no one? Although plenty of scenarios at play, that is probably the most likely at this point.

So what qualifies a "good" team seems like based on your criteria it isn't any team in the top let's say 35-40 in the country. Does it have to be top 20? Is it just your eye test? What critical and analytical methods do you use to determine who is "good". If we go to the Cotton Bowl and play a 10-2 Tulane team that is in the top 20 will they be a "good" team or will we still have beaten no one? Although plenty of scenarios at play, that is probably the most likely at this point.
A team that is ranked in the final college football playoff pool. This year is honestly a very down year. There's a ton of bad teams
I also don't count wins when a team is missing key players. Like Iowa beating us last year without Clifford. Or us or Purdue beating Minnesota this year. Minnesota doesn't have the depth to recover from key losses.
I don't count bowl games. They're glorified scrimmages. We could lose by 40 and I won't say a negative word about it.

Allow me to clarify. "Good team" is whatever he wants it to mean as long as he can use it to try to diminish PSU in a 10-2, #7/#8 ranked, NY6 bowl bound year.

We all know the guy is a buckeye pretending to be one of us and he's not the only one which should tell you how pathetic and insecure their fanbase is. Now Wally, that guy is a Michigan man. But there are a few clowns that pretend to be PSU fans that are disgruntled that are actually Buckeyes. There is even one buckeye here that pretends to be an over the top Michigan fan but they shut that guy up pretty good this weekend.

Allow me to clarify. "Good team" is whatever he wants it to mean as long as he can use it to try to diminish PSU in a 10-2, #7/#8 ranked, NY6 bowl bound year.

We all know the guy is a buckeye pretending to be one of us and he's not the only one which should tell you how pathetic and insecure their fanbase is. Now Wally, that guy is a Michigan man. But there are a few clowns that pretend to be PSU fans that are disgruntled that are actually Buckeyes. There is even one buckeye here that pretends to be an over the top Michigan fan but they shut that guy up pretty good this weekend.
How am I diminishing it? I legit have no real complaints about this season. We performed as I expected. That's a great step. Hopefully soon we exceed those expectations as next year 10-2 with losses to Ohio State and Michigan is the expectation.

Now I'm a Buckeyes fan?

I respectfully disagree with your statement about why should we expect PSU to beat OSU? I mean, upsets (although it would be mild as we are a major program) happen every single week in CFB. Did anybody expect Mich to whip OSU"s A** the last two seasons, especially as OSU has outrecruited them as well as PSU? Roster to roster, OSU is far better than Mich and it isn't close. But, Mich has adopted a personality and tenor that they are going to play old school football, challenge you to hit them back and match their physicality. They have an identity. Tenn upset Bama, as did LSU with a first year HC and a program that was on the decline the last two seasons. So Car knocked off Clemson. I don't understand the mantra that PSU shouldn't expect to beat OSU or Mich...it's a defeatist mentality. Now, should we expect to beat them both every yr, of course not, no team does that to their rivals. But, for a program of our tradition, size, etc., to not be able to beat both every other season is ridiculous. We have had FAR too much talent to lose the way we have to both of those programs. How about a split each year? Then, you give yourself a chance to win the division...0-2 and you are done.

Last edited:

If you read my posts here over the years, you'd know I'm the farthest thing from a "cheerleader." When criticism is called for, I haven't hesitated to offer it.

Meanwhile, downgrading a 10-2 season, which is what you're doing with the silly claim we've beaten no "good" teams, does not make you analytical. It makes you a nag whose definition of a "bad" team is any opponent we beat.

You can do all the dissecting and analyzing you want. If at the end of it, you still insist there were no "good" teams on our schedule, except for the two we lost to, you need to examine your methodology and face up to your bias.

If you read my posts here over the years, you'd know I'm the farthest thing from a "cheerleader." When criticism is called for, I haven't hesitated to offer it.

Meanwhile, downgrading a 10-2 season, which is what you're doing with the silly claim we've beaten no "good" teams, does not make you analytical. It makes you a nag whose definition of a "bad" team is any opponent we beat.

You can do all the dissecting and analyzing you want. If at the end of it, you still insist there were no "good" teams on our schedule, except for the two we lost to, you need to examine your methodology and face up to your bias.
You keep saying "downgrading". I'm not doing that. We haven't beat a ranked team? Have we?
You consider way too many teams to be good IMO. You don't think I consider enough to be good. It's not that I'm not a fan. I'm just not pretending beat Purdue, Ohio and Minnesota without Morgan are good wins. If you want to--great--but the committee doesn't either so I'm not sure why I'm the problem here. My guess is you just don't like the system.
People keep saying I'm a Michigan fan--Michigan has 2 good wins all year--Ohio State and Penn State
Ohio State has 2 good wins all year--Penn State and Notre Dame
That's it. I'm not giving them credit for beating unranked teams either

ADVERTISEMENT