ADVERTISEMENT

Bowling Green is for real

Outside shot at 11-2 with who they played. lo g way to go
The MAC- like the BIG- tends to have a way of eating its' own. Add in all the weird MAC-TION Tuesday night away games etc going undefeated in real life will be much harder than it appears on paper.

Maybe they are like the Toledo team from our infamous game vs Chester Taylor et al. Or maybe PSU and A&M aren't as good as we think.

Time will tell... however credit to Bowling Green

The MAC- like the BIG- tends to have a way of eating its' own. Add in all the weird MAC-TION Tuesday night away games etc going undefeated in real life will be much harder than it appears on paper.

Maybe they are like the Toledo team from our infamous game vs Chester Taylor et al. Or maybe PSU and A&M aren't as good as we think.

Time will tell... however credit to Bowling Green
If they win the MAC, at least they have an argument that they can go on the road in tough environments and be competitive. Memphis looked to be that team until inexplicably gave up 56 points to Navy yesterday.

You go into Beaver stadium and A&M back to back Saturdays and play both teams close - they’re better than most people thought.
I don’t mind playing the very best teams in the MAC because they are usually competitive and often have some good players. The problem is, from year to year, you don’t know which teams will be the best and the others are not very good at all. Bowling Green good. Kent State bad.

I don’t mind playing the very best teams in the MAC because they are usually competitive and often have some good players. The problem is, from year to year, you don’t know which teams will be the best and the others are not very good at all. Bowling Green good. Kent State bad.
Just four and five years ago under Sean Lewis, Kent was competing for MAC championships and going to bowl games.

If they win the MAC, at least they have an argument that they can go on the road in tough environments and be competitive. Memphis looked to be that team until inexplicably gave up 56 points to Navy yesterday.
I don't see any scenario in which a 2 loss MAC champ gets the auto bid. Maybe if the top teams all lose their conference championship games.

And since schedules are made several years in advance it is just about impossible to predict which will make for a good game.

Reactions: Kasparaitis
Just four and five years ago under Sean Lewis, Kent was competing for MAC championships and going to bowl games.
Kent is very up and down as a football program. Obviously down this year. Jack Lambert came out of Kent. On the other hand they have a very good baseball program.

Bad at protesting, though.
If you are referring to the 4 killed in 1970, that could have happened on any campus at that time. It was a crazy point in history, I remember it well. So does my wife. She was about 100 yards away from the shootings when they occurred.

If you are referring to the 4 killed in 1970, that could have happened on any campus at that time. It was a crazy point in history, I remember it well. So does my wife. She was about 100 yards away from the shootings when they occurred.
I figured it was kind of OK to joke about it after 50 years. I apologize if I offended.

Kent is very up and down as a football program. Obviously down this year. Jack Lambert came out of Kent. On the other hand they have a very good baseball program.
One of my nephew’s travel baseball teammates out of Montour High School received a baseball scholarship to Kent and he’s a frosh there this year. My niece also attended Kent.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
What’s so funny about it and I do have connections to it.
Fine. People joke about Lincoln’s assassination. Did you ever hear the phrase, “Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?” It is an accepted part of the American lexicon. I think 50 years is a suitable waiting period but I apologize to you as well.

Seriously, you can’t joke around something that happened 50 years ago? I apologized to Buck because he seemed sincere and apparently had a connection but you’re just a jerk.
You can, I took no offense. I was really just pointing out that it was a very turbulent time. Fortunately it did not turn out worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT