ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Pataky named Philipsburg-Osecola wrestling coach

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
Pataky is looking forward to the challenge.

“I’ve been wanting to get back into coaching,” Pataky said. “I’ve been wanting to help develop this area for a while now whether from the youth wrestlers up to the high school because at one point in time central Pennsylvania used to be the most dominant part of the state as well as the country. I saw the position was open and thought it was a good opportunity to get that re-established.”

http://www.centredaily.com/sports/high-school/article84042212.html#storylink=cpy

shoot... I talked to Brad a couple of years ago up at Lyco camp and told him there are plenty of coaching jobs down here in central Va....

I have watched Brad teach wrestling to kids in the Penn State and State College youth programs and he has impressed me.

He doesn't just show moves, he breaks the moves down and explains the pieces as they are put together.

PO hired a good coach.

Excellent hire. The quality of wrestling in district 6 AA, in our section of the district, just went up. Incredible, now we have Q, Coach Bainey at West Branch, Coach Pataky at P-O, and the new club that Q and Bainey are running...

And not a single one of them will be running field trips to Carver Hawkeye, lmao, like you-know-who. (yep, still bitter lol).

Excellent hire. The quality of wrestling in district 6 AA, in our section of the district, just went up. Incredible, now we have Q, Coach Bainey at West Branch, Coach Pataky at P-O, and the new club that Q and Bainey are running...

And not a single one of them will be running field trips to Carver Hawkeye, lmao, like you-know-who. (yep, still bitter lol).
Very good post 21Guns....I will bet you a lot of money he will regret it after it's too late....Been around wrestling over 40 years and see this more times then not !!!! Guys going out of state !!!! I am just going to sit back and say i told you so !!!! It's sad it really is when they just can't see the big picture !!!!

Very good post 21Guns....I will bet you a lot of money he will regret it after it's too late....Been around wrestling over 40 years and see this more times then not !!!! Guys going out of state !!!! I am just going to sit back and say i told you so !!!! It's sad it really is when they just can't see the big picture !!!!
Not nearly as sad as adults thinking they know what's best for somebody else's kid, and then being willing to rub it in the kid's face if it doesn't work out.

Reactions: WildTurk

You mean A? I kid I kid.

How in the hell does a thread about a highschool coaching hire turn into yet another discussion about the Spencer Lee (or any other Young Gun) decision? If you ask me, I'd rather high jack threads by talking about Nick Suriano. It's rather simple as to why I feel that way. Nick loves PSU, is now part of our " family" and wants to be here....Lee does not.

I'm good with all that...

How in the hell does a thread about a highschool coaching hire turn into yet another discussion about the Spencer Lee (or any other Young Gun) decision? If you ask me, I'd rather high jack threads by talking about Nick Suriano. It's rather simple as to why I feel that way. Nick loves PSU, is now part of our " family" and wants to be here....Lee does not.

Chill out man I was kidding. I took Lee's decision hard, and I got the hell over it, I was making light of it. The hire of Brad is good for wrestling in the area and the new wrestling club with Q and Bainey is also good for wrestling, and best of luck to Spencer and the other youngster Gavin, in Iowa city with the Hawks....

But Strittmatter, hey, I gotta hang on to just a LITTLE of that ole hate, haha.

Chill out man I was kidding. I took Lee's decision hard, and I got the hell over it, I was making light of it. The hire of Brad is good for wrestling in the area and the new wrestling club with Q and Bainey is also good for wrestling, and best of luck to Spencer and the other youngster Gavin, in Iowa city with the Hawks....

But Strittmatter, hey, I gotta hang on to just a LITTLE of that ole hate, haha.
I feel you on the field trips

Just sayin

Chance Marsteller Thread Series, Part Deux.

But seriously, something to chew on: as of right now, once Zain graduates, we might have only 2 of 10 starters from PA -- Nolf and Cenzo. Maybe Stout if he can claim a spot.

Hoping the wave of younger coaches -- Billman, Pataky, Reber, and others -- elevate PA's high school All-Americans into high school national champs and cadet/junior world medalists, so that we can win national titles with more home-grown talent in the lineup.

Every year, Cael and the staff take a home grown kid who nobody saw coming and turn him into an AA caliber point scoring winner. It will happen again this year, you watch.

Spyker,

Instead of betting all of that money with Guns, please jump over to the Frank M thread and donate to his cause. Not certain if you saw the thread, but Frank needs our help!!!! Your donation would certainly be helpful and give Frank extra incentive to win gold. Thanks. Hoping for 80% by 12

shoot... I talked to Brad a couple of years ago up at Lyco camp and told him there are plenty of coaching jobs down here in central Va....

Pataky probably wanted to coach in an area where he would have his old Clearfield friends to back him up.

Every year, Cael and the staff take a home grown kid who nobody saw coming and turn him into an AA caliber point scoring winner. It will happen again this year, you watch.

Doubt it happens this year or most years here on out. The PSU program is so stocked with top tier studs from everywhere, we may have to sacrifice the feel good story of an underdog kid from local making big. It's a downside of being on top of the wrestling world, but a sacrifice this fan is ok with.

Every year? Below is the full list of All-Americans under Cael. James English is the only one -- and he started because of Andrew Alton's injuries. Don't give me Jordan Conaway, PA state champ, 2x state finalist, Dapper Dan winner, top 100 national recruit.

http://pennstatewrestlingclub.org/history/index.php?view=allamericans
2010 Dan Vallimont 165 2nd
2010 Frank Molinaro 149 5th
2010 Cyler Sanderson 157 6th
2011 Quentin Wright 184 1st
2011 Frank Molinaro 149 2nd
2011 David Taylor 157 2nd
2011 Andrew Long 133 3rd
2011 Ed Ruth 174 3rd
2012 Frank Molinaro 149 1st
2012 Ed Ruth 174 1st
2012 David Taylor 157 1st
2012 Nico Megaludis 125 2nd
2012 Quentin Wright 184 2nd
2012 Dylan Alton 157 3rd
2013 Ed Ruth 184 1st
2013 Quentin Wright 197 1st
2013 Nico Megaludis 125 2nd
2013 David Taylor 165 2nd
2013 Matt Brown 174 2nd
2014 David Taylor 165 1st
2014 Ed Ruth 184 1st
2014 Nico Megaludis 125 3rd
2014 Zain Retherford 141 5th
2014 Matt Brown 174 5th
2014 James English 149 7th
2014 Morgan McIntosh 197 7th
2015 Jordan Conaway 125 8th
2015 Jimmy Gulibon 133 5th
2015 Matt Brown 174 1st
2015 Morgan McIntosh 197 3rd
2015 Jimmy Lawson Hwt. 6th
2016 Nico Megaludis 125 1st
2016 Jordan Conaway 133 6th
2016 Zain Retherford 149 1st
2016 Jason Nolf 157 2nd
2016 Bo Nickal 174 2nd
2016 Morgan McIntosh 197 2nd

Reactions: Mpchillin
Every year? Below is the full list of All-Americans under Cael. James English is the only one -- and he started because of Andrew Alton's injuries. Don't give me Jordan Conaway, PA state champ, 2x state finalist, Dapper Dan winner, top 100 national recruit.

http://pennstatewrestlingclub.org/history/index.php?view=allamericans
2010 Dan Vallimont 165 2nd
2010 Frank Molinaro 149 5th
2010 Cyler Sanderson 157 6th
2011 Quentin Wright 184 1st
2011 Frank Molinaro 149 2nd
2011 David Taylor 157 2nd
2011 Andrew Long 133 3rd
2011 Ed Ruth 174 3rd
2012 Frank Molinaro 149 1st
2012 Ed Ruth 174 1st
2012 David Taylor 157 1st
2012 Nico Megaludis 125 2nd
2012 Quentin Wright 184 2nd
2012 Dylan Alton 157 3rd
2013 Ed Ruth 184 1st
2013 Quentin Wright 197 1st
2013 Nico Megaludis 125 2nd
2013 David Taylor 165 2nd
2013 Matt Brown 174 2nd
2014 David Taylor 165 1st
2014 Ed Ruth 184 1st
2014 Nico Megaludis 125 3rd
2014 Zain Retherford 141 5th
2014 Matt Brown 174 5th
2014 James English 149 7th
2014 Morgan McIntosh 197 7th
2015 Jordan Conaway 125 8th
2015 Jimmy Gulibon 133 5th
2015 Matt Brown 174 1st
2015 Morgan McIntosh 197 3rd
2015 Jimmy Lawson Hwt. 6th
2016 Nico Megaludis 125 1st
2016 Jordan Conaway 133 6th
2016 Zain Retherford 149 1st
2016 Jason Nolf 157 2nd
2016 Bo Nickal 174 2nd
2016 Morgan McIntosh 197 2nd
CALIBER.

ALL AMERICAN CALIBER.

Nice to see you argue against your own coach for the sake of trying to argue against another poster on your own board though. Get a grip.

CALIBER.

ALL AMERICAN CALIBER.

Nice to see you argue against your own coach for the sake of trying to argue against another poster on your own board though. Get a grip.
There's no such thing as "All-American Caliber" in the past. Either you're an All-American or you're not.

You're actually making a far worse case against the coaches. If they're "All-American Caliber," then why aren't they All-Americans?

Just curious but who are these AA caliber homegrown talents that Cael has produced every year? I think he's just saying you're wrong and you completely pulled that comment out of your ass. Cael is a great coach but he hasn't produced homegrown talent and turned them into an AA caliber point scoring winner EVERY year.

Just curious but who are these AA caliber homegrown talents that Cael has produced every year? I think he's just saying you're wrong and you completely pulled that comment out of your ass. Cael is a great coach but he hasn't produced homegrown talent and turned them into an AA caliber point scoring winner EVERY year.

And I think you are piling on, and that's lame.

Reactions: jschrantz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT