ADVERTISEMENT

Breeo Fire Pits

wow...I love it...way cool.

my only concern would be cleaning that grill edge. I wonder if they make replacements. I can imagine it getting pretty unsightly after a while.

If I'm buying 10 steaks, the first thought I would have would be "man, I can't wait to set these on the edge of a firepit and hope they are edible after some period of time."

wow...I love it...way cool.

my only concern would be cleaning that grill edge. I wonder if they make replacements. I can imagine it getting pretty unsightly after a while.
Good point. So far not so bad.

I am going to try this first.

Reactions: Obliviax
Not sure I'd want to cook on that edge like they show in the picture. Kind of reminds me of the solo stove.

I didn't know the solo existed till after I bought the Breeo. We had a cheap Home improvement store pit that finally rusted out. I replaced it with the Breeo. Too busy to use it much, but still glad we have it.

Reactions: BBrown
I’m so conditioned. When I saw the thread title, I tried to figure out who got FIRED. o_O .

My neighbor has a Breeo, one of my friends has a solo. They both do a nice job. I'd buy the Breeo because it's made in the US, -- Lancaster County (Kinzers) PA to be exact. In fact I've been looking at them trying to decide which model and size I want just in case they have a sale this winter.

Isn't some smoke and associated aroma considered desirable with a fire pit?

It's kinda like grilling / smoking though. You don't want the sooty smoke, just the almost invisible smoke that has a good scent and flavor to it. That's more or less what these fire pits do.

No thanks. I'll stick with my Chimnea and grill as 2 separate pieces.
This all started with my wife loving a cheap firepit that rusted out. What put on the Breeo track was the need to replace a fire pit and being smokeless. We go camping, etc. so I liked the idea of having something portable. They, the store I bought it from didn't have the version with the "normal" ring, so I went with what was then called the Phoenix. We ended up liking this fire pit. I really like that I don't smell like I just came back from a fire.

I was thinking just like you that I like to keep the cooking and fire pit separate, but ended up liking this. What is funny about this is our little Weber Q is next to the fire pit. 😄

BTW The Q is far enough away to keep us off of the local news.

Reactions: hlstone and BBrown
keep picturing someone going to flip with a spatula and pushing a steak/burger right into the pit.
Shhh!
tenor.gif

Isn't some smoke and associated aroma considered desirable with a fire pit?
Good question. It isn't truly 100% Smokeless. It's just not that strong billowing smoke that tends to follow you no matter where you sit around the fire pit. In my humble opinion, it won't replace a smoker. What I do like about it is you can offer food beyond Smores to guests while hanging around the fire pit.

This all started with my wife loving a cheap firepit that rusted out. What put on the Breeo track was the need to replace a fire pit and being smokeless. We go camping, etc. so I liked the idea of having something portable. They, the store I bought it from didn't have the version with the "normal" ring, so I went with what was then called the Phoenix. We ended up liking this fire pit. I really like that I don't smell like I just came back from a fire.

I was thinking just like you that I like to keep the cooking and fire pit separate, but ended up liking this. What is funny about this is our little Weber Q is next to the fire pit. 😄

BTW The Q is far enough away to keep us off of the local news.
I was picturing this, not as a replacement, but an adjunct to grilling. My vision was more like hot-rock or fondue like cooking. I see people sitting around a fire with small cuts of steak, chicken, shrimp, and veggies with various dipping sauces. People sit around, BS, and cook as a blended dinner/entertainment event.

I was picturing this, not as a replacement, but an adjunct to grilling. My vision was more like hot-rock or fondue like cooking. I see people sitting around a fire with small cuts of steak, chicken, shrimp, and veggies with various dipping sauces. People sit around, BS, and cook as a blended dinner/entertainment event.

I think your Idea could work with a pit such as this. You might have to do some custom rigging however.

Reactions: hlstone
Just got the Breeo Dbl Flame 24", so far 2 fires and enjoying it. Looking forward to using it in the colder weather.
BTW does the 24" really go through wood? That was one reason I went with the 19" version. The sales rep thought that it did.

We've had a Solo Stove Yukon for about 3 years. We use it all the time and love it. They are virtually smokeless if you keep the wood near or below the rim. They don't throw as much heat off to the side as an open fire because of the double walled sides.
Since I live in Lancaster County, if I ever replace it, I'll look at the Breeo.

Reactions: PSU Lion 2000
My best friend has something very similar and told me I had to make the hour drive to taste the best steaks ever. "What you cooking them on?", I asked. He replied an open pit, but he cooks the steaks caveman style with letting the wood burn down to coals and putting the meet directly on the coals. I had heard of this technique and was intrigued. Wife and I thought it was horrible., while his wife kept rolling her eyes everytime he asked us, "....Best steak ever, right?." We tasted ash and the steaks had (surprisingly) no sear. I "think" the ash prevented it from searing. Get the grilling accessories and do it right.

It was great to sit around and do smores and hot dogs on a stick with the kids. Puts my POS Tractor Supply fire ring to shame.

bumping this as I'm now in the market. Ordering the breeo, just debating sear plate or no sear plate. I still struggle to see myself actually cooking with it, but I have some fomo as its not something I can add later if I want to give it a shot. Reading that the plate hits over 1,000 degrees I can see the benefit. Are any of you who have it actually cooking on it or is it a novelty?

Reactions: STPGopherfan
bumping this as I'm now in the market. Ordering the breeo, just debating sear plate or no sear plate. I still struggle to see myself actually cooking with it, but I have some fomo as its not something I can add later if I want to give it a shot. Reading that the plate hits over 1,000 degrees I can see the benefit. Are any of you who have it actually cooking on it or is it a novelty?

My neighbor uses it. He has the 19” X. It’s nice for having people over and decide to cook some burgers or dogs. Don’t need to buy the grill rack for that. Your other option is to just buy the grill rack for whatever model you choose. It’s simple to install with the fire going should you get hungry.

We just bought a solo stove 27” Yukon. Used it Saturday night for first time and it worked great. Sat right on composite decking (with spacer) and had zero issues

Reactions: Obliviax
We've used it a few times. Since the weather is getting better, I am hoping that it will be used again soon. We (wife and I) are thinking Movie night with the neighbors. The times we did it worked fine. One that was funny was at the beginning of the covid lockdown. We used the rim to warm up takeout pizza. Nice un intended experience. Warm pizza with a crisp and chewy crust.

Ours is a 19" Breeo Phoenix.

Reactions: fastlax16
Just got the Breeo Dbl Flame 24", so far 2 fires and enjoying it. Looking forward to using it in the colder weather.
Well, how did it do in the colder weather? I’d been thinking these things can’t throw off much useful heat if their outer walls are cool enough to touch.

Well, how did it do in the colder weather? I’d been thinking these things can’t throw off much useful heat if their outer walls are cool enough to touch.

One of the YouTube reviews showed the outer walls hitting around 500 degrees, which is why I’m going with it over the solo. That said the solo stove would still be too hot to touch. Temps are at the 2:39 mark.

I've been looking at purchasing the Zentro model, however I don't see it listed anymore. Reached out to customer service a few weeks ago and didn't hear back. I have no interest in using a sear plate, I would possibly use the grill grate above the flame. I'm in a residential area and am intrigued by the smokeless feature. I'm going back and forth between getting this or just having a gas line run to the fire pit. Both have their advantages. Because I have a gas fireplace indoors, I thought having a natural fire pit outside with the benefit of less smoke would be a nice compliment without the neighbors all having to shut their windows. Much more maintenance with the breeo over gas, but again having both types would be nice I think. Still contemplating.

I've been looking at purchasing the Zentro model, however I don't see it listed anymore. Reached out to customer service a few weeks ago and didn't hear back. I have no interest in using a sear plate, I would possibly use the grill grate above the flame. I'm in a residential area and am intrigued by the smokeless feature. I'm going back and forth between getting this or just having a gas line run to the fire pit. Both have their advantages. Because I have a gas fireplace indoors, I thought having a natural fire pit outside with the benefit of less smoke would be a nice compliment without the neighbors all having to shut their windows. Much more maintenance with the breeo over gas, but again having both types would be nice I think. Still contemplating.
I believe they redid the lineup, cut some models and raised prices a couple of weeks back. I just bit the bullet and ordered the x19. Got the sear plate, figured I'd rather have it and not use it then want it later and not have it. Will probably ask for the grill grate as a bday gift or something.

Reactions: Alphabets

I’ve read in a Facebook group that the heat does tend to not spread out as much as other fire pits. The solution was to set up the grill grate well above the flame and set the lid on the grate. This deflects the heat more. I can’t see how this is a big deal though. I’ve been around both brands and didn’t really notice a lack of heat.

I see that it has a lid for $80. maybe that's the ticket. You clean it but can also put a lid on it so that it covers the mess and still looks good
A multi-piece raised surface cast iron overlay might be a good idea...traps the grease, puts a nice sear marks, and can be removed for easy cleaning.

Imagine the flavor of that!
I'll let you know when I do it. Funny how I came around haha. Really excited to get it. Totally redoing the back yard this month. Patio, fence, furniture, grass lighting and this replacing the $50 home depot pit.

Reactions: Alphabets
I'll let you know when I do it. Funny how I came around haha. Really excited to get it. Totally redoing the back yard this month. Patio, fence, furniture, grass lighting and this replacing the $50 home depot pit.

Having my backyard finished off in a week or two. Wanted to check in and see how everyone likes theirs.

I am going to buy the breeo Luxeve. How is it for keeping the smoke at a minimum. I like smoke of course, but there is such a thing as too much!

Having my backyard finished off in a week or two. Wanted to check in and see how everyone likes theirs.

I am going to buy the breeo Luxeve. How is it for keeping the smoke at a minimum. I like smoke of course, but there is such a thing as too much!

love it. Smokey on startup but dies down quickly and is basically smokeless unless you’re using bad wood. I have a bunch of really old wood, like at least 75 years maybe older, that we’ve ripped out of our house that I’ve burned and it still smokes. Regular firewood is great though. I don’t smell like smoke after using it anymore. With kindling you can get a roaring fire going in under 15 minutes.

Biggest “issues” is it eats wood because it burns so hot. If you plan on using it a lot I’d make sure you’ve got a big woodstack, ready to go because you’ll need it for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT