ADVERTISEMENT

BTN+ Coverage

yakrider

Oct 28, 2014
On the streaming schedule pinned at the top, I see 1/22 mich st, 2/5. Indiana, 2/10 Rutgers, 2/12. Md, 2/26 Clarion are all matches that are to be streamed on BTN+.
Upon looking at their event schedule, none of these matches are listed and in fact only 2 matches from mid November for the remainder of the season are listed for any Big 10 team as being streamed.
Is something amiss or have they stopped carrying matches except for the handful listed?? It is hardly worth $70 for B1G+ for what they are currently offering. I am hoping that they have just not updated the calendar, but am afraid of the worst. Any info from anyone???

On the streaming schedule pinned at the top, I see 1/22 mich st, 2/5. Indiana, 2/10 Rutgers, 2/12. Md, 2/26 Clarion are all matches that are to be streamed on BTN+.
Upon looking at their event schedule, none of these matches are listed and in fact only 2 matches from mid November for the remainder of the season are listed for any Big 10 team as being streamed.
Is something amiss or have they stopped carrying matches except for the handful listed?? It is hardly worth $70 for B1G+ for what they are currently offering. I am hoping that they have just not updated the calendar, but am afraid of the worst. Any info from anyone???
Every match that is at a BIG school will either be on BTN or BTN+. That has been true for at least the last 10 years.

Every match that is at a BIG school will either be on BTN or BTN+. That has been true for at least the last 10 years.
that's what I thought but the event calendar is barren and when I contacted them, I was told what the event calendar as listed is it, irregardless of what a school's webpage has. I hope you are right as I used to get all the schools but last year only did psu but again wanted them all this year. you can see for yourself the sparsity of matches listed on their event calendar. but thanks for the reply.

Reactions: mcpat
that's what I thought but the event calendar is barren and when I contacted them, I was told what the event calendar as listed is it, irregardless of what a school's webpage has. I hope you are right as I used to get all the schools but last year only did psu but again wanted them all this year. you can see for yourself the sparsity of matches listed on their event calendar. but thanks for the reply.
That just means they haven't updated their calendar for the full season. Think of it like your TV channels listing. They don't have anything more than 2 weeks out listed. That doesn't mean the shows won't be on, just that they haven't uploaded the schedule yet.

That just means they haven't updated their calendar for the full season. Think of it like your TV channels listing. They don't have anything more than 2 weeks out listed. That doesn't mean the shows won't be on, just that they haven't uploaded the schedule yet.
Cool. a big sigh of relief. when the girl told me that was it, I was in disbelief. thanks.

Reactions: mcpat
I just looked, and picked events involving PSU. It is listed.
I'm just gonna leave it here and wait as I just tried and besides lock haven nada. I am signed in and hit the filter that said wrestling and am signed up for all big ten teams and just as before 1 psu match and an handful of others but nothing else. I am not gonna beat a dead horse but on my event calendar on the website under wrestling there is nothing but LH. thanks for looking however. just spent the last 20 minutes on phone and laptop, logged in, trying to find any matches for any team and 2 matches listed after mid November. idk.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna leave it here and wait as I just tried and besides lock haven nada. I am signed in and hit the filter that said wrestling and am signed up for all big ten teams and just as before 1 psu match and an handful of others but nothing else. I am not gonna beat a dead horse but on my event calendar on the website under wrestling there is nothing but LH. thanks for looking however. just spent the last 20 minutes on phone and laptop, logged in, trying to find any matches for any team and 2 matches listed after mid November. idk.

B1G+ only shows the scheduled events for a little over a week out. That's why you can only see the 11th and 13th duals.
Check back in a few days, and it should show the following week as well.

Also, if I remember correctly, anything airing on BTN isn't available on B1G+ until after the event is over.

Go to Big10 Plus
At the bottom of the page scroll across the schools to Penn State
Click on Penn State
In the middle of the Penn State page is a stream of Live Events. Scroll across.
The first event is W Basketball vs Norfolk St
2nd M Basketball v Loyola MD
3rd Ice Hockey v Minnesota
4th Field Hockey v Louisville
5th W Volleyball v Indiana
6th Wrestling v Lock Haven

Thanks for your help. I think as mcpat indicated that btn+ just hasn't posted the wrestling matches that are to be on their channel in jan and feb yet, (although other sports like hockey are listed that far out).
It would be a first if the non BTN matches weren't on BTN+. I just was perplexed when I didn't find them listed on the event calendar.
Thanks nitlion6 as well. I had seen the Lock Haven match on but as I kept scrolling out by date I saw 1 or 2 matches on the calendar after mid November, (none PSU) so I contacted them and was told, what was listed is it. Thus paying $69 for one Penn State match and nothing during the meat of the season for any team made me start this thread.
I do appreciate the help and am sure the other Big 10 matches will be listed and shown as before. if not. grrrrrrrrrr.

if you look at the Penn State athletics app, it shows BTN+ coverage of the LHU match

A quick and easy reminder and something that might work for some of us here...
At first glance I should be able to see almost all PSU wrestling matches this year..
I don't have any cable or sat tv at my house..
What I will be doing..
I have a VPN(this is important 3 bucks a month)
I will be subscribing to BTN + monthly... $13./ mo. I think
Go to this website, this is why the vpn is needed. https://ustvgo.tv/ (Free.... )
Between these two sites I should be able to get all or almost all the matches.
I've mentioned this before but if it helps someone else then good.

Reactions: hlstone
A quick and easy reminder and something that might work for some of us here...
At first glance I should be able to see almost all PSU wrestling matches this year..
I don't have any cable or sat tv at my house..
What I will be doing..
I have a VPN(this is important 3 bucks a month)
I will be subscribing to BTN + monthly... $13./ mo. I think
Go to this website, this is why the vpn is needed. https://ustvgo.tv/ (Free.... )
Between these two sites I should be able to get all or almost all the matches.
I've mentioned this before but if it helps someone else then good.

Quick question. Why the VPN if you're buying the BTN+ subscription?

So I was getting ready to pull the trigger on BTN+ but the only option was the $79 yearly package. How do I switch it to the monthly $13 payment? Thanks!

So I was getting ready to pull the trigger on BTN+ but the only option was the $79 yearly package. How do I switch it to the monthly $13 payment? Thanks!
Under conference pass it's $14.95/mo..

Can you stream to two different devices from one account on BTN +? I may need to move from room to room to watch the kids and my phone is not an option.

ADVERTISEMENT