ADVERTISEMENT

Buckeyes now the smart choice for winning the CFP playoff?

Keep an eye on Tennessee tomorrow. If they beat Alabama tomorrow, they're my pick to win the NC. They have a video game offense at times

Keep an eye on Tennessee tomorrow. If they beat Alabama tomorrow, they're my pick to win the NC. They have a video game offense at times
Absolutely no way. Christ - they barely beat Pitt! O$U would lay 60 on them. And hold them to ~28.

Absolutely no way. Christ - they barely beat Pitt! O$U would lay 60 on them. And hold them to ~28.
Not so sure but we'll know more later today. Just saying that if I had a dark horse for the NC, it would be Tennessee.

Plus, I'm still in a wait and see mode on the OSU defense. I admit they look a lot better - with that new defensive staff - than 2020 and 2021 but have the really played anyone with an explosive offense? We'll see....more to come

Not so sure but we'll know more later today. Just saying that if I had a dark horse for the NC, it would be Tennessee.

Plus, I'm still in a wait and see mode on the OSU defense. I admit they look a lot better - with that new defensive staff - than 2020 and 2021 but have the really played anyone with an explosive offense? We'll see....more to come
If Young doesn't play or isn't 100% do we really know more?
I agree about wait & see with Ohio State's D or even saying Tennessee might be a dark horse but winning today isn't necessarily going to confirm that. They could still go 10-2 even with a win today.

If the Vols go 2-0 against Bama and Georgia I don't see anyone stopping them.

If the Vols go 2-0 against Bama and Georgia I don't see anyone stopping them.
That's a huge if then they'd probably have to play Bama again in the SECCG
Ohio State definitely would still have a chance to beat them. Georgia nor Bama have been as dominant so far this year but it's still early.

If Young doesn't play or isn't 100% do we really know more?
I agree about wait & see with Ohio State's D or even saying Tennessee might be a dark horse but winning today isn't necessarily going to confirm that. They could still go 10-2 even with a win today.
Understood but Tennessee will have the tie breaker with Alabama - with or without Young and that's huge. But in the back of my mind, I'm still thinking about that Alabama depth which is off the charts. But I seriously don't think OSU (losing Stroud) or Alabama losing Young - even with both those teams' depth can overcome those losses. I consider them to be the 2 best players in the country.

Today's games - PSU vs Michigan - and - Tenn vs Alabama - are definitely the two best back-to-back matchups on TV this year. We'll know a lot more after today. Can't wait !!!!

Understood but Tennessee will have the tie breaker with Alabama - with or without Young and that's huge. But in the back of my mind, I'm still thinking about that Alabama depth which is off the charts. But I seriously don't think OSU (losing Stroud) or Alabama losing Young - even with both those teams' depth can overcome those losses. I consider them to be the 2 best players in the country.

Today's games - PSU vs Michigan - and - Tenn vs Alabama - are definitely the two best back-to-back matchups on TV this year. We'll know a lot more after today. Can't wait !!!!

All fair and, yes, I'm thrilled about today's schedule
I will say this--if Tennessee beat Alabama today then loses to Georgia they'll need Georgia to beat Alabama in the SECCG or hope the SEC gets 3 teams to make the playoff. It should be interesting. The SEC is always interesting.

All fair and, yes, I'm thrilled about today's schedule
I will say this--if Tennessee beat Alabama today then loses to Georgia they'll need Georgia to beat Alabama in the SECCG or hope the SEC gets 3 teams to make the playoff. It should be interesting. The SEC is always interesting.
And meanwhile, Ole Miss under Kiffen is quietly racking up W's. Very interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT