ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Worlds

Kasak was down 2-0 to Ankit (IND), scored a TD and a gut to go up 4-2. Step out makes it 4-3. Kasak looked to get a TD and then it was somehow 7-5 Kasak. It should be 7-3 (6-3 plus a lost challenge). That's verified. Kasak lifts Ankit near edge, open question now whether he earned the step out, and yes, it's 8-3.

Ankit with a nice duck but Kasak catches, pancakes, and gets the fall. He goes to the finals.

Damn, not sure how Forrest won that match. Pretty slick to stay in it and a lapse by the Indian at the end.

Kasak against Ankit - at the start of the match I thought Kasak was in big trouble. But like @AndEEss said he's a very good wrestler, lol. Really technical.

The Indians are pretty impressive here.

Ryder is the only American to lose so far and after watching the Iranian he lost to cruise through his semi, I'm not surprised. That kid was a beast.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Damn, not sure how Forrest won that match. Pretty slick to stay in it and a lapse by the Indian at the end.

Kasak against Ankit - at the start of the match I thought Kasak was in big trouble. But like @AndEEss said he's a very good wrestler, lol. Really technical.

The Indians are pretty impressive here.
Forrest would’ve won going away if he stuck to baseline stuff. Kid is gonna be an animal folk. Very, very funky with all that length.

Like I said, it's hard to deny the results Sebolt get. It's definitely giving Iowa a feeder of talented kids, some legitimately will have national championship potential and very early. If Iowa wants to focus on that pipeline instead of going back to PA going forward, I am all for it.

Like I said, it's hard to deny the results Sebolt get. It's definitely giving Iowa a feeder of talented kids, some legitimately will have national championship potential and very early. If Iowa wants to focus on that pipeline instead of going back to PA going forward, I am all for it.
@McScoreley to those wishing to poach from the Commonwealth:

giphy.gif

I like the look of the far left side ;)
Plus Jax already is wearing a shirt with dynasty on it. Must be fate.

Kasak and Forrest’s pass-by game is so smooth. They both scored at least 4 or 5 tds each using a little pass by/elbow pass. They both make it look so easy and it’s not. You have to have a really great feel to be able to hit it as often and as clean as both do.
I also really want Forrest to study the Asken/Keegan cradle series once he sits the corner. His length is such an advantage and he sits the corner as well as anyone. In freestyle it’s easy to go crotchlift from there which he does well but he also locked up a few cradles but didn’t do a ton with them. He should be able to pin from that position just like Keegan did at Jr. Worlds last year. Best thing about it is that it’s deadly in both folk and free. This kid is so good and only going to be a freshman. Can I say FULL COURT PRESS!

This cAdet team is the real deal. Forrest has ice in his veins. Kasak looked great as usual. Would love to see Russia there. I think this team beats Mother Russia

Tyler will end up being #7. PSU is liking those Cadet world champions. Still sad we didn’t get Meyer

Is Hopke 197 or HWT material?

Looked a lot smaller and a lot faster than his 110kg opponents today, but hard to tell how big he is in reality.

Is Hopke 197 or HWT material?

Looked a lot smaller and a lot faster than his 110kg opponents today, but hard to tell how big he is in reality.
Hopke wrestled 220 last year and this year, so he probably should look lighter than 242 lb guys.

He didn't want to drop to 92 kg / 203 lb for U17s, so he's probably not going down to 197 for 4-5 years of college.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT