ADVERTISEMENT

Calling All Yinzers

Kasparaitis

Dec 27, 2023
I’d just like to point out that the 2024 Top 100 Players, voted by the players themselves, ranked Lamar Jackson as the top quarterback in the league. Turns out I was right and all of you were wrong. Everyone, including the players, knows that Lamar was the best quarterback in the league last year. But, hey, now you guys have Justin Fields instead of Kenny Heisman so you’ve got that going for you.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
I’d just like to point out that the 2024 Top 100 Players, voted by the players themselves, ranked Lamar Jackson as the top quarterback in the league. Turns out I was right and all of you were wrong. Everyone, including the players, knows that Lamar was the best quarterback in the league last year. But, hey, now you guys have Justin Fields instead of Kenny Heisman so you’ve got that going for you.
The best qb wears #15 and plays in KC, and any poll that says otherwise is absurd. Talk to me when Jackson has won three Super Bowls and played in a fourth. Also, that qb won the last two Super Bowls with pretty underwhelming offensive talent except for his HOF tight end.

Oh, by the way, what’s Jackson’s record against the Steelers? I can tell you that it’s not good. Also, how many playoff games has Jackson won, two or three?

Laughable.

Not only is Mahomes the best QB in the NFL, there is a punchers chance he will end up the greatest QB of all time.

Laughable.

Not only is Mahomes the best QB in the NFL, there is a punchers chance he will end up the greatest QB of all time.
To tell you how great Mahomes is, KC either has won the Super Bowl, made the Super Bowl, or advanced to the AFC Championship Game in every season that he's started, and he's done this in an era of parity when that level of consistent success is much harder than it was before the salary cap. Also, the two AFC Championship games that he lost were in OT, so he came within two OT losses of playing in six consecutive Super Bowls; that's mind-bongling.

Mahomes must rub some people the wrong way, because how can he not be the number one ranked player in any poll of the top NFL players right now; it's just absurd?

Last edited:
Mahomes is a great QB too, but don’t underestimate Andy Reid’s coaching ability. Hall of Fame QB and head coach on that team.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Funny enough, The Athletic's survey of GMs and front office people had Lamar 4th. Their survey also has the Quarterbacks grouped in tiers, and Lamar missed tier 1.

Player surveys are usually extremely flawed, cause frankly, a lot of the players are pretty dumb.

Reactions: AvgUser
The best qb wears #15 and plays in KC, and any poll that says otherwise is absurd. Talk to me when Jackson has won three Super Bowls and played in a fourth. Also, that qb won the last two Super Bowls with pretty underwhelming offensive talent except for his HOF tight end.

Oh, by the way, what’s Jackson’s record against the Steelers? I can tell you that it’s not good. Also, how many playoff games has Jackson won, two or three?
Lamar is 2-4 vs the Steelers, .333 winning percent. Definitely a HOF body of work.

You guys are so stupid. And predictable. The actual NFL players ranked Lamar as the best quarterback. Yinzers see red and the first thing out of their mouths is “But! But! But!”

• Wow
Funny enough, The Athletic's survey of GMs and front office people had Lamar 4th. Their survey also has the Quarterbacks grouped in tiers, and Lamar missed tier 1.

Player surveys are usually extremely flawed, cause frankly, a lot of the players are pretty dumb.
That’s because GM’s and front office people don’t have to tackle Lamar. And The Athletic are communists.

• Haha
To tell you how great Mahomes is, KC either has won the Super Bowl, made the Super Bowl, or advanced to the AFC Championship Game in every season that he's started, and he's done this in an era of parity when that level of consistent success is much harder than it was before the salary cap. Also, the two AFC Championship games that he lost were in OT, so he came within two OT losses of playing in six consecutive Super Bowls; that's mind-bongling.

Mahomes must rub some people the wrong way, because how can he not be the number one ranked player in any poll of the top NFL players right now; it's just absurd?
Well, he's no Rudy Bukich, that's for sure.

I’m not talking to you. I’m talking to people with the capability to understand the obvious. After the season I simply stated that Lamar won his second MVP award and was the best quarterback in the league this year. Then after a torrent of red herrings, and changing the subject by jealous Steelers fans, the actual NFL players affirmed my statement. But your irrelevant, illogical arguments are entertaining. Keep it up, if you must. It’s kind of cute.

Because he wasn’t even considered the best quarterback by his peers. That honor goes to Lamar Jackson. Like I said several months ago.

• Haha
1, Mahomes
2. Burrow (if he can avoid injury - a big if)
3. Jackson

Jackson probably has the best physical talent but just makes mistakes and flops in critical situations

Reactions: mhlarch
Mahomes is a great QB too, but don’t underestimate Andy Reid’s coaching ability. Hall of Fame QB and head coach on that team.
Andy Reid scraped my bark from the time he won Punt, Pass and Kick as a 13 year old. He was exactly the same size as he is today (minus several hundred pounds.) I guess he’s a successful coach but I don’t care for him. You can look it up. I think it’s still on YouTube.

Andy Reid scraped my bark from the time he won Punt, Pass and Kick as a 13 year old. He was exactly the same size as he is today (minus several hundred pounds.) I guess he’s a successful coach but I don’t care for him. You can look it up. I think it’s still on YouTube.
That doesn't take away from the fact he is a great coach.

Lamar needs to win a Super Bowl to even get remotely close to being considered the best QB in the league. Last year's choke job hurt him. A repeat collapse in the playoffs will brand him a choker and probably will get in his head long term.

Reactions: mhlarch
1, Mahomes
2. Burrow (if he can avoid injury - a big if)
3. Jackson

Jackson probably has the best physical talent but just makes mistakes and flops in critical situations
Lamar was the best quarterback in the league for the 2023 season. That is all I said. That is what the MVP voters said. And now that is what the players said. I just think it’s interesting to see Steelers fans unable to acknowledge the obvious, what with the evidence practically smacking them on the forehead. Human nature is a funny thing.

Lamar was the best quarterback in the league for the 2023 season. That is all I said. That is what the MVP voters said. And now that is what the players said. I just think it’s interesting to see Steelers fans unable to acknowledge the obvious, what with the evidence practically smacking them on the forehead. Human nature is a funny thing.
I'm a Bears fan (ugh) and from the Chicago area and a Northwestern grad so I think I have an open mind on this one. JMO.

That doesn't take away from the fact he is a great coach.

Lamar needs to win a Super Bowl to even get remotely close to being considered the best QB in the league. Last year's choke job hurt him. A repeat collapse in the playoffs will brand him a choker and probably will get in his head long term.
Anyone who has played football knows it is the ultimate team sport. Ask Dan Marino. As a Ravens fan I understand the criticism but I like Lamar. This should be another fun season.

Anyone who has played football knows it is the ultimate team sport. Ask Dan Marino. As a Ravens fan I understand the criticism but I like Lamar. This should be another fun season.
You better hope that he wins a Super Bowl before his legs go, which won’t be long, because he isn’t going to win anything by being a passing qb. Let’s face it, he’s not going to win a Super Bowl; he barely can win a first round playoff game.

But but but … you do NOT understand the criticism. You ignore it.

Players opinions are like assholes. They all have them. Real “evidence” you want is there. It’sSuper bowl appearances and wins

In addition, 2-4 and .333 is FACT, not fallacy.

You better hope that he wins a Super Bowl before his legs go, which won’t be long, because he isn’t going to win anything by being a passing qb. Let’s face it, he’s not going to win a Super Bowl; he barely can win a first round playoff game.
OK, Justin’s Brother. I’ll take my chances with Lamar,

But but but … you do NOT understand the criticism. You ignore it.

Players opinions are like assholes. They all have them. Real “evidence” you want is there. It’sSuper bowl appearances and wins

In addition, 2-4 and .333 is FACT, not fallacy.
You need to take a logic class. You have no idea how to make a sensible argument .

If by fun you mean disappointing, then it will be a barrel full of monkeys!

Nice logical fallacy.

You couldn’t find a fallacy on the most fallacious day of the year with an electrified fallacy detector. Blow, Warren Buffet Jr.
Appeal to authority, sparkles.

Oh, and I know Eric ... and even he admits Patty > Lamar. Lamar's a dummy. Just like you. Patty's just an alcoholic, like his dad. But if you'd have met his wife, you'd be an alcoholic, too, if you made that life decision.

Sincerely,

Warren's Daddy

P.S. Stop begging dudes for sexual favors. We all know, at your advanced age, you couldn't follow through, regardless, AllgrayBushbutnowood.

But, congrats ... you started an entire thread on the basis that a bunch of meatheads who beat their pregnant baby mamas and couldn't count to 10 from 9 think your football crush is the bestest. That's certainly convincing. What were the irrelevant results last year? And the year before that?

You got out of prison and THIS was on your mind?

Last edited:

Oh, and I know Eric ... and even he admits Patty > Lamar. Lamar's a dummy. Just like you. Patty's just an alcoholic, like his dad. But if you'd have met his wife, you'd be an alcoholic, too, if you made that life decision.

Sincerely,

Warren's Daddy

P.S. Stop begging dudes for sexual favors. We all know, at your advanced age, you couldn't follow through, regardless, AllgrayBushbutnowood.

But, congrats ... you started an entire thread on the basis that a bunch of meatheads who beat their pregnant baby mamas and couldn't count to 10 from 9 think your football crush is the bestest. That's certainly convincing. What were the irrelevant results last year? And the year before that?

You got out of prison and THIS was on your mind?
Cuckoo Cuckoo

2 MVP trophies on the shelf. Check. Thanks for proving my point, Champ.
Lamar is a really good player who puts up great counting stats and is very successful in the regular season. He hasn't proven to be able to win big games when it matter, nor lead a team anywhere close to a championship. If I had one game to win, there's a handful of QB's I'd absolutely take before Lamar. That, in my mind, is what makes them better QB's than Lamar.

I don't think that's anywhere close to a controversial take.

Lamar is a really good player who puts up great counting stats and is very successful in the regular season. He hasn't proven to be able to win big games when it matter, nor lead a team anywhere close to a championship. If I had one game to win, there's a handful of QB's I'd absolutely take before Lamar. That, in my mind, is what makes them better QB's than Lamar.

I don't think that's anywhere close to a controversial take.
They lost by a touchdown to the defending Super Bowl champions in the AFC championship game. That’s about as close to a championship as you can get. I am a Ravens season ticket holder and there is no other quarterback in the league I would rather have than Lamar Jackson. Putting my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

Are you stupid or what? Appeal to authority is only a fallacy when you cite someone who is not qualified, for example an actor when you’re talking about politics or an athlete when you’re talking about cryptocurrency. Actual NFL players rating other actual NFL players is absolutely 180 degrees from a fallacious appeal to authority, Dum Dum.

And Sparkles? Really?

Are you stupid or what? Appeal to authority is only a fallacy when you cite someone who is not qualified, for example an actor when you’re talking about politics or an athlete when you’re talking about cryptocurrency. Actual NFL players rating other actual NFL players is absolutely 180 degrees from a fallacious appeal to authority, Dum Dum.

And Sparkles? Really?

Sparkles, it took you 6 days and 2 separate tries to try to learn what logical fallacies are … and you still misapply the concept?!

No, it’s not only a logical fallacy when you cite someone who isn’t qualified. It’s also a logical fallacy to attempt to form a valid and sound syllogism solely on the basis that an alleged expert said it.

So if Einstein had said the world was flat, we couldn’t just cite Einstein saying it as conclusive proof it’s flat, even though he’s an “expert” in that area. Might that expert opinion have evidentiary value? Perhaps. But it’s not conclusive.

And, here, I’d prefer actual analyses to the opinions of players, who are notoriously not bright. Consider that pro baseball players, coaches and scouts often recoil at the thought of advanced statistical analysis, despite its proven superiority in evaluating players. Now apply that to pro football, where the tendency to avoid advanced statistical analysis is even greater ...

The "elite" Lamar couldn't get any offer when he was tagged...not a single team wanted him. Put Allen Burrow Mahomes Herbert etc in that situation and teams are freeing up cap room to make an offer. No one wanted Lamar other than the Ravens. Reality. Good luck being paper champions while Mahomes keeps winning.

Sparkles, it took you 6 days and 2 separate tries to try to learn what logical fallacies are … and you still misapply the concept?!

No, it’s not only a logical fallacy when you cite someone who isn’t qualified. It’s also a logical fallacy to attempt to form a valid and sound syllogism solely on the basis that an alleged expert said it.

So if Einstein had said the world was flat, we couldn’t just cite Einstein saying it as conclusive proof it’s flat, even though he’s an “expert” in that area. Might that expert opinion have evidentiary value? Perhaps. But it’s not conclusive.

And, here, I’d prefer actual analyses to the opinions of players, who are notoriously not bright. Consider that pro baseball players, coaches and scouts often recoil at the thought of advanced statistical analysis, despite its proven superiority in evaluating players. Now apply that to pro football, where the tendency to avoid advanced statistical analysis is even greater ...
Unlike you, I have a life. And you are absolutely wrong as usual. Your mastery of logical fallacies is on par with your understanding of other topics such as football and finance. That is to say you are a dumbass. This is why I no longer try to reason with you but just sit back and observe your dumbassery. The real funny part is when I expose your nonsense, you always come back with a thesis of big, intelligent sounding words in a hapless attempt to obscure your mistakes or miss the point entirely. Further proving not only your stupidity but your insecurity as well. I also note you have resorted to calling me Sparkles. I believe it is your pitiful way of acknowledging that you were wrong about thinking I was Bushwood. Progress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT