Chainsaw Fun

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I never had need for a chainsaw since my dad and uncle are alive yet, I live in a town, and they live in more rural spots. My uncle is 85 and dad is 81. Well uncle broke a leg and can't get around and dad is in decent shape but can't really do heavier work so I need to handle certain things. Like when a small ash tree falls down on a path and needs to be cut up.
So I went out and bought a small electric chainsaw, an EGO from Lowes. It's only a 14", but it easily cut through and 8" tree. It's light weight and it'll handle most of what I need. And If I need anything heavier I guess I'll just fire up my Uncle's gas powered . But for portability and ease of use the EGO will handle most light to medium jons.

Reactions: JR4PSU and Sullivan

republion

Mar 24, 2009
I bought an electric weed wacker from Costco this summer. I returned it after a few uses. It was heavy as hell and got bogged down in the thicker cut. I wanted it to work and be convenient, but sadly it was not.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I never had need for a chainsaw since my dad and uncle are alive yet, I live in a town, and they live in more rural spots. My uncle is 85 and dad is 81. Well uncle broke a leg and can't get around and dad is in decent shape but can't really do heavier work so I need to handle certain things. Like when a small ash tree falls down on a path and needs to be cut up.
So I went out and bought a small electric chainsaw, an EGO from Lowes. It's only a 14", but it easily cut through and 8" tree. It's light weight and it'll handle most of what I need. And If I need anything heavier I guess I'll just fire up my Uncle's gas powered . But for portability and ease of use the EGO will handle most light to medium jons.
You need a big 24” Stihl.

Even if you don’t.

😂😂😂

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Just came in from cutting down a dead tree with my 18” Husqvarna and brought in six large wheelbarrows of fire wood.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

I have an EGO leaf blower and weed whacker. Echo chain saw.

I do like them. No mixing of gas and oil. No stalling. No tough starting..... That said, I did lose a EGO battery. Better keep your original receipt. They didn't ask for it when I registered it, but when you make a claim, they all of a sudden want it. They gave me a "one time" courtesy replacement, but because there was no receipt, that's it. The battery cost more than a battery + appliance + charger...........

JR4PSU

Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
I have three electric chain saws. 10”, 14” and 18”. They are great for anything up to a foot diameter. I got tired of having to deal with gas driven chain saws after not being used for a couple yrs. Carbs would have to be cleaned out. With brushless battery driven I could let my chain saw sit for 5 yrs, put a battery in, hit the trigger and away she goes.

I gave my three gas chain saws away.

I’m slowly replacing all of my power tools with battery driven.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Catch50

Feb 5, 2003
Big deal. I have a spreadsheet!

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
Has anyone used the Electric Stihl chainsaw? Looking for light/medium for small trees and brush removal.
I have a Kobalt 24 volt from Lowes. My original, a 40 volt, lasted five or six years. I use mine everyday in my shop until late Spring. I cut oak all the time and it does well. I also have a commercial Husqvarna for heavy stuff. Can't beat the Kobalt.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I thought about that one , but wanted the higher voltage and they weren't in stock so I went with the EGO 56 volt.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
I thought about that one , but wanted the higher voltage and they weren't in stock so I went with the EGO 56 volt.
It's plenty powerful and has a chain brake. It's also, brushless unlike the first series. The 24 volt is stronger than the old 40 volt. I use mine heavy.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

WexfordWarrior

Aug 30, 2017
Somewhere in the Carolinas.
Would rather see a GIF of the young, unknown woman he had as an assistant!
home-improvement-time.gif