ADVERTISEMENT

CJF and posting here.

unclewill

Jan 1, 2010
I wonder if CJF visited and posted on this board before he started his coaching career. He had to have gotten his knowledge from some of the brain's that post here.

Reactions: roswelllion
He's been on here in the past and is still currently. Every coaching staff in P5 monitors their school's message boards in some capacity.
He or one of his staff? And how much are they paid to do so? Seems one would have to be paid considerable compensation to read through every post on game day.

And bonus pay for the days after a loss!

Last edited:
When I worked for a Sports team we had a low level marketing staffer monitoring our fan club blogs and share anything related to ticket pricing, game experience, value proposition etc. The rantings about players and team performance were irrelevant b/c we could not control that. One would assume that one of the many staffers in our Athletic Department is doing it.

Is Coach directly watching? I would make a guess "no." He seems like a routine and discipline type of guy and he probably knows that most of what will be on these sites cannot help him accomplish his goals and that time should be spent elsewhere.

As a high school teacher I've never visited any of those "Rate My Teacher" sites- although my own children did when they were in high school and told me that I was ranked OK. As an Adjunct Prof at St. Joe's I did make the mistake of looking at a "Rate My Professor" site after my first class and got my ego bruised a bit. But when the formal student rating forms came out through the Business Department my ranking was good. So it stands to reason that those who have an axe to grind, or want to yell the loudest, may be the ones who tend to go to sites like that. I've never looked again and frankly don't care what is there.

Maybe James clicks from time to time- but it more likely is some raw junior Asst. Athletic Director

He's been on here in the past and is still currently. Every coaching staff in P5 monitors their school's message boards in some capacity.
I did get a very nice basket of fruit last week from a Coach Frank James from Centre County. The note said thank you for your input into our defense your suggestion to start Abdul Carter and to lean on the two freshman running backs was spot on. WE ARE......

I do not know who that was but the pears were excellent.

I wonder if CJF visited and posted on this board before he started his coaching career. He had to have gotten his knowledge from some of the brain's that post here.
Only the very best coaches come to the site to get top notch strategy and personnel information from Keith in Boalsburg. Keith works from home and is a huge fan, he never misses games.

Reactions: unclewill
Sounds like we all have earned a cut of the pie. Some larger than others of course.

Only the very best coaches come to the site to get top notch strategy and personnel information from Keith in Boalsburg. Keith works from home and is a huge fan, he never misses games.
No way he comes here. I have been complaining that we never run a counter play for,years. If he were paying attention he would have listened to me by now and started to run a few every game!😡

No way he comes here. I have been complaining that we never run a counter play for,years. If he were paying attention he would have listened to me by now and started to run a few every game!😡
I have been asking for a short side pitch.........

If only we could manufacture Andre Johnson, Jeff Hartings and Marco Rivera that weak side counter trey would work every time. How do the coaches not know this?

When I worked for a Sports team we had a low level marketing staffer monitoring our fan club blogs and share anything related to ticket pricing, game experience, value proposition etc. The rantings about players and team performance were irrelevant b/c we could not control that. One would assume that one of the many staffers in our Athletic Department is doing it.

Is Coach directly watching? I would make a guess "no." He seems like a routine and discipline type of guy and he probably knows that most of what will be on these sites cannot help him accomplish his goals and that time should be spent elsewhere.

As a high school teacher I've never visited any of those "Rate My Teacher" sites- although my own children did when they were in high school and told me that I was ranked OK. As an Adjunct Prof at St. Joe's I did make the mistake of looking at a "Rate My Professor" site after my first class and got my ego bruised a bit. But when the formal student rating forms came out through the Business Department my ranking was good. So it stands to reason that those who have an axe to grind, or want to yell the loudest, may be the ones who tend to go to sites like that. I've never looked again and frankly don't care what is there.

Maybe James clicks from time to time- but it more likely is some raw junior Asst. Athletic Director
Just give them all an A and your rankings will improve.

Not sure why people think a coach wouldn't. He's not taking advice or anything crazy but he reads it. Just like players and recruits do.

ADVERTISEMENT