ADVERTISEMENT

CJF had the team ready play…..

How about winning? Or is there a participation trophy.

Preparation should include recruiting enough good players to win.

A good team would have gotten a defensive stop up 21-16 and then ground out a few first downs on the ground and walk off winners. Used to do that all the time.

But now we lack the preparation to compete at this level. Face it, Penn State is a middling Big10 team.
No clown. I am not into participation trophies or moral victories. On the other hand, I don’t engage in idiotic Franklin bashing. As I have said elsewhere, the post game analysis (or hand wringing) isn’t complicated. You lose the turnover battle 4-0 especially to a good team you almost always lose.

No clown. I am not into participation trophies or moral victories. On the other hand, I don’t engage in idiotic Franklin bashing. As I have said elsewhere, the post game analysis (or hand wringing) isn’t complicated. You lose the turnover battle 4-0 especially to a good team you almost always lose.

Exactly. Beyond that, the team has played above expectations to-date, especially considering the amount of green freshman talent that has seen meaningful playing-time all over the field. There was legitimate reason to complain the last couple years, but not this year. They played gamely, but you can't have your QB turn the ball over 4 times (1 for a walk-in Pick6) and expect to win.

Reactions: john4psu
Reactions: john4psu
Penn State is better than every team in the B1G except for 2 of them. That is not really that bad. OSU and UM are a pretty even matchup this year. I am glad it is in Columbus.
Talented - yes. Better team. I doubt that but we will see in the next month. For fans of PSU being third or fifth or ninth is bad. Easy to patronize PSU as you are clearly #1.

Good luck in the playoffs.

Franklin has earned all the ire he is getting. He is overplayed and underachieving - big time for both. And his annual flirtatation with other teams is beyond old. How about win against a more talented team - maybe we can win two in his next decade at PSU. Sad.

Bottom line: JF has to hit the transfer portal hard like Mich St, but he won't. At least get a RT, DT, and speed WR.

ADVERTISEMENT