ADVERTISEMENT

CJF had them ready …

Every win is a great win, but let's put it in perspective. Indiana is an inferior team and we did what we were supposed to do against a lesser opponent. Three more to go, and we need to see the same intensity and results to finish out the season.

Why not enjoy every win regardless of who they’re playing? I thought that was the point of all sports.
Because some people are miserable and can never enjoy anything. I thought Orlovsky said it best yesterday when he said that with the advent of the playoff for many people not making the playoff means all other teams stink.

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
Because some people are miserable and can never enjoy anything. I thought Orlovsky said it best yesterday when he said that with the advent of the playoff for many people not making the playoff means all other teams stink.
And it would be different if a variety of teams made it every year, but it’s the same teams every year. Every team outside of the SEC is playing for two spots, going to be a lot of disappointed fans if their only measure of success is making the playoffs.

Reactions: MacNit07
Why not enjoy every win regardless of who they’re playing? I thought that was the point of all sports.
Nothing wrong with enjoying the fact we won especially given the glimpse into the future that we got but it's also not really worth celebrating. We beat a far inferior opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNit07
As long as we keep quoting Dan as some source, he also said we will never be OSU as long as we have poor QB play. He quoted all OSU QBs in first round then mentioned only Kerry in 30 years. No one is unhappy with win but it is not exactly proof of much either.

Reactions: bytir
As long as we keep quoting Dan as some source, he also said we will never be OSU as long as we have poor QB play. He quoted all OSU QBs in first round then mentioned only Kerry in 30 years. No one is unhappy with win but it is not exactly proof of much either.
And how many NC’s and undefeated seasons have we had since Collins?

Exactly but the post I was responding to was trashing the source as if he said something wrong.
Trashing the source? No, I am trashing the belief that CJF is doing a fantastic job and IN win proves it. No one is upset that PSU won handily but the gloating that we beat IU is completely foreign to many PSU fans. We should beat IN.

Last edited:
And it would be different if a variety of teams made it every year, but it’s the same teams every year. Every team outside of the SEC is playing for two spots, going to be a lot of disappointed fans if their only measure of success is making the playoffs.
Same teams every year? I had no idea that Michigan and Cincinnati had so many appearances in the CFP. How many appearances did LSU have?

Future is bright. If he can get better QB play from Allar the next couple of years than what we’ve had recently and maintain recruiting plus manage the portal/draft departures it could lead to a Big Ten title.
Indiana is the worst team we have played this year.

Trashing the source? No, I am trashing the belief that CJF is doing a fantastic job and IN win proves it. No one is upset that PSU won handily but the gloating that we beat IU is completely foreign to many PSU fans. We should beat IN.
Yes, being happy about a win is not what fans do.

Same teams every year? I had no idea that Michigan and Cincinnati had so many appearances in the CFP. How many appearances did LSU have?
You forgot to mention Bama, Georgia, OSU and Clemson….yes, the same teams. I said everyone else is competing for two spots. And last time I checked, LSU was in the SEC.

Central Michigan would like to have a word with you--so would Northwestern
They can have a word but I kind of think Indiana is worse. By the end of the game, Indiana was playing their fourth string QB after starting their backup (who has one foot out the door) and were down their best player overall and lost their top receiver for the season last week. Right now, they are the worst team we play this year and probably by a decent margin. Rolling up the score on Indiana right now is a bit like rolling up the score on Kent State who has the same record.

They can have a word but I kind of think Indiana is worse. By the end of the game, Indiana was playing their fourth string QB after starting their backup (who has one foot out the door) and were down their best player overall and lost their top receiver for the season last week. Right now, they are the worst team we play this year and probably by a decent margin.
Okay--that's fine. We can disagree on that. Indiana would beat Northwestern tomorrow barring some insane weather event IMO and Northwestern is my "second team"

I'm still saying the worst team we played in Central Michigan. They only wins they have in the MAC are Akron (1-8) and NIU (2-7) along with a win against Bucknell. Ohio might be our best win when you consider Minnesota didn't have Morgan. If not, it's 5-4 Purdue although Purdue should at worst be 7-5 with Indiana and Northwestern on their schedule

I agree. Has anyone noticed that Franklin's demeanor is changing on the sideline? He seems to have more fire in him, more involved, and not hugging all his players when they mess up. Anyhow have a good Sunday.
CJF's facial expressions when he gets really mad at the refs make me laugh. The guy wears his emotions on his sleeves though, I guess that can be both good and bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT