ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Alabama *

Sorry O Hi Ya!

I don’t know. The media push for Ohio St went into full court press at halftime and will continue through the announcement tomorrow. Add to that Alabama fatigue around the country and I can see the committee letting OSU in.

Reactions: psute
I don’t know. The media push for Ohio St went into full court press at halftime and will continue through the announcement tomorrow. Add to that Alabama fatigue around the country and I can see the committee letting OSU in.

Alabama fatigue? What about Ohio State fatigue? This bull crap eye test stuff and getting blown out but having it not count or losing your division head-to-head only to have media say it wasn't legit because of a special teams play! Please!!! If it is the best four teams then Alabama should be there.

Alabama fatigue? What about Ohio State fatigue? This bull crap eye test stuff and getting blown out but having it not count or losing your division head-to-head only to have media say it wasn't legit because of a special teams play! Please!!! If it is the best four teams then Alabama should be there.

I agree with you. I’d put in Alabama. I just think that Alabama fatigue outweighs OSU fatigue in the country (outside the big ten). Don’t forget Big Ten homer Barry Alvarez will be in the room influencing the decision as well and you can be sure he and Delany talked well before the game.

I agree with you. I’d put in Alabama. I just think that Alabama fatigue outweighs OSU fatigue in the country (outside the big ten). Don’t forget Big Ten homer Barry Alvarez will be in the room influencing the decision as well and you can be sure he and Delany talked well before the game.

Don’t forget about B10/O$U homer Gene Smith.

Something to think about..IF OSU gets in...and gets beat handily again by Clemson ? who should be #1 seed...Does this hurt their brand ?

I find the Bama argument compelling.... so, to clarify - you guys think the 3rd place team (this is indisputable) in the SEC should be in the BCS Final 4 playoff?

Something to think about..IF OSU gets in...and gets beat handily again by Clemson ? who should be #1 seed...Does this hurt their brand ?

I think it would hurt their brand if the media started to bash them over it (like the Buffalo Bills 0-4 Superbowls, or Denver’s losses before they finally won one). I just don’t see that happening.

Hell, OSU got absolutely humiliated last year 31-0 after sneaking in to the playoff in controversial form........ and here we are a year later with a massive media push (that started at halftime) to put Ohio St back in again.

For every time that Penn St or Michigan fans remind Ohio St of constant butt whoopings in the playoff, their response will be ‘yeah but at least we made it’.

Reactions: baircub1!
I think it would hurt their brand if the media started to bash them over it (like the Buffalo Bills 0-4 Superbowls, or Denver’s losses before they finally won one). I just don’t see that happening.

Hell, OSU got absolutely humiliated last year 31-0 after sneaking in to the playoff in controversial form........ and here we are a year later with a massive media push (that started at halftime) to put Ohio St back in again.

For every time that Penn St or Michigan fans remind Ohio St of constant butt whoopings in the playoff, their response will be ‘yeah but at least we made it’.

Ohio St "constant" butt whoopings??? one - last year. their 2015 team went 12-1 (was left out of the playoff - only loss on last sec FG to Mich St)... and the year before that they beat Bama in the Sugar, and destroyed Oregon in the National Title game.

I think OSU will get in, because I don’t think the committee will let in 2 from one conference. I’d rather Alabama got it. We’re not that great a team and I don’t see how we beat Clemson. USC in a bowl would be a fun matchup.

I find the Bama argument compelling.... so, to clarify - you guys think the 3rd place team (this is indisputable) in the SEC should be in the BCS Final 4 playoff?

I know. These guys make absolutely no sense. If anything, today proved that Alabama is no better than the 3rd best team in the SEC. And they got boot stomped by number two.

By their way of thinking, it should be Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and Clemson.

If that's the garbage they are going to give us, I guess I can attend those New Years Eve parties this year after all. : ^ )

I think OSU will get in, because I don’t think the committee will let in 2 from one conference. I’d rather Alabama got it. We’re not that great a team and I don’t see how we beat Clemson. USC in a bowl would be a fun matchup.

USC deserves in over Alabama.

May question is every bit as valid as yours. Answer the question.

Bama’s worst loss is Auburn. But you already knew that and needed someone to validate you. Yet, you’re still doing the research to find the answer to mine.

And for the record, I would HATE for the Suckeyes to bore us with another appearance. But I look at this from an objective side, one that many on this board are incapable of doing.

Well, Clemson will be the No. 1 seed. Does the committee want a repeat of last year's championship game (interesting) or a repeat of the semifinal (not interesting, unless the interest is whether OSU can avoid a shut out).

If PSU as a 11-2 B1G Champ with a really bad loss couldn't get in over a 1-loss non champ last season, no way that an 11-2 OSU with one really bad loss (to a 7-5 team, no less) and another loss at home deserves a shot this season. Also, unlike the 2014 squad, the win over Wisconsin, while decent, isn't awe inspiring. OSU in the Fiesta versus USC, with USC winning a shoot out. Is this 2016?!?

OSU has a bad loss, but also 2 top 10 wins and another top 25 win.
Bama has 2 top 25 wins, one over LSU (who lost to Troy) and a come from behind win over 4-loss Miss St.
If the committee sees OSU's body of work as better than Bama's I have no problem with that, and happen to agree.

Ohio St "constant" butt whoopings??? one - last year. their 2015 team went 12-1 (was left out of the playoff - only loss on last sec FG to Mich St)... and the year before that they beat Bama in the Sugar, and destroyed Oregon in the National Title game.

The question raised by baircub1 was if OSU gets in and gets beat badly again- ie 2 (or more) straight beat downs affecting their reputation.

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia & Alabama playoff to me is the “I don’t give a damn playoff.” It’s as interesting as a San Francisco v. Oakland World Series.

As much as I hate to say it, the B1G champion should go. It was wrong last year and would be wrong again this year.

OSU has a bad loss, but also 2 top 10 wins and another top 25 win.
Bama has 2 top 25 wins, one over LSU (who lost to Troy) and a come from behind win over 4-loss Miss St.
If the committee sees OSU's body of work as better than Bama's I have no problem with that, and happen to agree.
OSU has two bad losses....losing to Oklahoma in and of itself is not bad, but getting manhandled at home is especially if you're supposedly one of the top four teams in the country. Do you really think OSU would beat Bama? That's all you have to ask yourself and if you think they would, then OSU should go. I think Bama would win because I think they're a better team, so I think Bama should go, but I think OSU gets the benefit of the doubt way more than any other team in history and they will get in.

How would you feel if Barrett were healthy? They would have blown Wisky out if he had been even 80%.

My money is still on bama but if JT is ready to play, I think it's a good game. OTOH, if THIS JT (who "played" tonite) is all you got, it's a horror show. They's eat him alive.. be worse than shark tank.

so i understand your pov.. just curious if you'd feel different if the JT who skewered us for 33-39 and had his wheels intact were playing.

Didn't say that. If you want to throw around the transitive property of equality then Iowa and Iowa State should both get in.

Alabama hasn't earned sh!+. They aren't any better than the 3rd best team in the SEC. If you want to make the Alabama argument, you have to make the Georgia and Auburn argument first.

OSU has two bad losses....losing to Oklahoma in and of itself is not bad, but getting manhandled at home is especially if you're supposedly one of the top four teams in the country. Do you really think OSU would beat Bama? That's all you have to ask yourself and if you think they would, then OSU should go. I think Bama would win because I think they're a better team, so I think Bama should go, but I think OSU gets the benefit of the doubt way more than any other team in history and they will get in.
I am not sure who wins if OSU plays Bama. Certainly, to me, Bama would not be a lock to win.
By your logic, however, shouldn't Auburn be in, since they manhandled Bama? You're saying Bama has to be in since they are clearly one of the best 4 teams in the country, but they lost to Auburn, so Auburn shold be in too. But wait, they lost to Georgia, even though the Bulldogs won the SEC.
Who are your top 4? Bama, Auburn, Georgia and ????

How would you feel if Barrett were healthy? They would have blown Wisky out if he had been even 80%.

My money is still on bama but if JT is ready to play, I think it's a good game. OTOH, if THIS JT (who "played" tonite) is all you got, it's a horror show. They's eat him alive.. be worse than shark tank.

so i understand your pov.. just curious if you'd feel different if the JT who skewered us for 33-39 and had his wheels intact were playing.

I’m not sure that JT would play like the QB he was 4th quarter against you. He’s been the JT we saw tonight for most of the season, and our receivers have the dropsies a lot. If I knew we would have Penn State Q4 JT for the whole playoff, I’d want in.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

Ohio State needed referee manipulation to beat a mediocre Penn State team in 2OT in 2014 (missing replay feeds, field goal kicked several seconds after play clock expired, etc) to keep their playoff hopes alive after already losing at home to Va Tech.

They were blown out twice in BCS title games under Tressel to Florida and LSU.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Why doesn't the CFP committee take the opportunity to invite UCF as one of the 4? UCF is undefeated, after all. They may not be from a Power Five conference but in every other respect they appear to have the "resume" that the CFP is looking for...and pass the dreaded "eye test?"

IOW, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, UCF.

I'm hoping Bama gets in but you guys are incorrectly comparing Ohio State last year with Bama this year. Theyre not the same.

Clemson should not be in the top 4. Any team that lost to a losing team (Cuse 4 - 8) should be disqualified.

I’m not sure that JT would play like the QB he was 4th quarter against you. He’s been the JT we saw tonight for most of the season, and our receivers have the dropsies a lot. If I knew we would have Penn State Q4 JT for the whole playoff, I’d want in.
Fair enough... and agree. Seemed he decided to win the Heisman in that quarter (a sad from pov LOL).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT