ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Kean Vegas and other notable results

Anyone know the HTH record of Schultz and AJ?

Was thinking they have met a few times (maybe in HS?)

They always say they don't use that event as ranking info(kerk over cass) which they've always done..
I'm betting Cass is your new #1 in flos eyes..

They always say they don't use that event as ranking info(kerk over cass) which they've always done..
I'm betting Cass is your new #1 in flos eyes..
Flo has Kerk at 2 to start the season even before he beat Cass. So no way they don’t put him 1.

Hendrickson beat the hell out of the kid from Harvard that Flo had at 5.

AJ also beat Schultz 5-2 in Nov 2019, at the Roadrunner Open.

They wouldn't have met in HS. Schultz never was below 220 in HS, and was a full-blown heavy when he faced Snacks. AJ was a 195 in HS.
Yeah AJ is 2-0 against Schultz. I wonder if it’s one of those things where it’s particular to the styles of both wrestlers. AJ seems to be on a roll this weekend though. Let’s see how he does today.

AJ also beat Schultz 5-2 in Nov 2019, at the Roadrunner Open.

They wouldn't have met in HS. Schultz never was below 220 in HS, and was a full-blown heavy when he faced Snacks. AJ was a 195 in HS.
I can't believe AJ was 195 in HS. He is one mammoth of a human being now!

Seth weighed in at 283.5 at Rider so he’s fully grown as well. I can’t imagine how much food was consumed at the Nevill’s home between Nick, Seth, and AJ.

giphy.gif

Ramirez v Cook. How in the world a kid can attempt a throw, land on his head, immediately stop wrestling from the head konk and they do not go to concussion protocol is beyond me.

Disclaimer, it is possible something else was injured, but it certainly looked like a head knock.

Tough bunch of hwts! Or at least parity at the top. Kerk, Parris, Cass, Davison, AJ, Schultz, etc. Good to see.

I'm excited about Brock Hardy 141 Nebraska winning. Great kid. Watched him as a little guy. Wrestled for Sanderson's rival high school in Utah. (Box Elder) He took the Matt Brown 2 year mission to Brazil before covid and a red shirt. He'll be solid once he gets the rust off.

Ed Scott manhandled Lewan. 10-0 in 1st before Lewan med forfeits (?) - not watching so don’t know the details beyond score and stoppage
Lewan's part of that score checks out.

Seriously, Scott is a notorious head hunter. Honors graduate from the Quentin Wright School of IDGAF. With a score like that, pretty good chance Lewan got chucked.

# 4 ranked Micky Phillippi defeats #4 Lucas Byrd 4-3...... That is a bit surprising
Not surprising who won but impressive result for the freshman.......174: #8 Edmond Ruth (Illinois) ....who just beat Rocky Jordan of Chattanooga 5-2......dec Luca Augustine (Pitt), 3-1 SV Augustine has been a tough out.
Also: #7 Nino Bonaccorsi (Pitt) dec #11 Zac Braunagel (Illinois), 3-1 SV
Finally: The Heller brothers....both transfers into Pitt are doing quite well. #17 ranked Reece at 184 won 8-1 and brother Holden took #13 Braunagel to SV before dropping a 9-7 decision.
OK....one more: 125: Colton Camacho (Pitt) pins Maximo Renteria (Illinois), 5:15
Pitt wins the dual 30-6

Last edited:
He had him on the ropes for a bit last year. I don’t recall the details, but I recall questioning why the official stopped it with Cass in trouble.
Davison spladled Cass but the ref stopped it for potentially dangerous. It was a questionable call at best. Davison got a takedown but lost the match 7-3.

ADVERTISEMENT