ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Kean Vegas and other notable results

Who said that's why I called him "the duck"?

Go to 1:15 in the match. It looked like he tried a duck, but nobody's confusing that with Mark Hall.

Yikes, I missed that.
sorry-anchorman.gif

that’s a toss up every time
agreed. Hidlay is so frustrating to watch; he plays the line, backs up, goes out of bounds so much... Not a fan of his style at all... it makes him dangerous, but man hard to watch

I don’t know about everyone else, but I think that all of the finals results would be “notable”. Anyone else?

Reactions: hlstone
I believe the ref stopped for a potentially embarrassing call.
In all seriousness, any time I see that replay I can’t help but think the only thing going through the ref’s mind was “whoa wait Cassiopi is supposed to win, not lose!” Not really any other good explanation.

I believe the ref stopped for a potentially embarrassing call.
Speaking of embarrassing, it looks like bench hawk on the left is holding two and bouncing up and down all excited for Cass. Must have missed the spladle seminar Bo gave at Carver.

Score a bit deceiving here, Hidlay with a 6-pointer very early and then played defense. Deserves to be No. 2 but I’m not sure the gap is that definitive.
I watched the match. Hidlay is just better. In one man's opinion. But both are are way behind Brooks.

Reactions: nitlion6
agreed. Hidlay is so frustrating to watch; he plays the line, backs up, goes out of bounds so much... Not a fan of his style at all... it makes him dangerous, but man hard to watch
when he is losing he goes crazy for the last 30 seconds after doing nothing for the whole match never tries a move till he is on the line always stalling and never called!But he is a Pa kid so that's good!

Here are a few photos I took from the Lock Haven v Davidson dual from Thursday night, which Lock Haven won 31-13. The dual was notable for being the return of Nate Carr Jr as head coach of Davidson, after landing that job in the offseason. At one point late in the dual Carr got some big laughs from the crowd by gently placing a challenge brick on the mat, referencing coach Scott Moore's being docked a team point against PSU for hitting the ref with one.

Davidson got wins at 149 (Noah Frack MD[!] Connor Eck), 197 (Gavin Henry FALL Brad Morrison(TRFR)), and HWT (Jake Fernicola DEC Ethan Miller--Isaac Reid didn't even weigh in at HWT, so not sure what was going on there).

DpoRBNz.jpg

nmFpLaG.jpg

J0K9IyW.jpg

N7ssR0d.jpg

8DkGeYg.jpg

My god, the mullet on that kid.

Speaking of embarrassing, it looks like bench hawk on the left is holding two and bouncing up and down all excited for Cass. Must have missed the spladle seminar Bo gave at Carver.
Cass to his credit did not miss Bo's spladle seminar. He fought that as if it would end the Cassioppi family tree.

Davison spladled Cass but the ref stopped it for potentially dangerous. It was a questionable call at best. Davison got a takedown but lost the match 7-3.

Thanks for the refresher. I was there and we couldn’t figure out whether it may have been the shoulder he was using to avoid going over, but in this video that doesn’t look likely.

ADVERTISEMENT