ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Prime

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
Noticed a fellow with a Colorado Sweatshirt, asked if he was embarrassed by the coach, poor grammar and pulling scholarship offers so late in the cycle. He bragged every school does it, admittedly I don't follow other school's recruiting but I'm not aware of PSU pulling an offer to make room for better "baggage". I know the QB who decommitted and went to the Gators had his offer pulled but that was for social reasons. You are talking about kids and education, very few of these kids will every make it to the pro's; which leads to the question what kind of academic structure will Coach Prime install for his players and how will the educators at Colorado handle the situation?

Noticed a fellow with a Colorado Sweatshirt, asked if he was embarrassed by the coach, poor grammar and pulling scholarship offers so late in the cycle. He bragged every school does it, admittedly I don't follow other school's recruiting but I'm not aware of PSU pulling an offer to make room for better "baggage". I know the QB who decommitted and went to the Gators had his offer pulled but that was for social reasons. You are talking about kids and education, very few of these kids will every make it to the pro's; which leads to the question what kind of academic structure will Coach Prime install for his players and how will the educators at Colorado handle the situation?
I have no problem with him doing that, he didn’t recruit any of those guys. Just like I don’t have any problem with a kid going in the transfer portal when his coach leaves.

education??? is that really a factor anymore? It's NIL now

Not the greatest start for Deon. I think his behavior has been pretty poor so far. Even worse IMO is that the Colorado AD and university prez are apparently ok with it.

When they were very good the talent flowed from California, with some from Big 8 country, American Somoa and the best of the best from the Mountain states. It was a combo that worked.

Deon will attract players from all over the country who want to play for him. Geography and Education will not matter. Boulder is a super town with a great venue, but it isn't LA/USC.

It will be interesting to watch him get his ass kicked in next year while building his program. I think he stays no more than 4 years, either trading up on success or getting fired. It is an odd marriage for sure.

Why are you talking about education? We have to stop pretending athletes are going to school to get an education. That's a second (or tenth) thought. They're going to develop as players. Plain and simple.

Scholarships are pulled all the time. It just isn't always made public. I don't know why anyone would expect Sanders to honor scholarships offered by someone else. It's not good for the kid either--he picked Colorado to play football (let's be real) and they weren't going to play for Deion.

The whole "better baggage" nonsense is this holier than thou shit that needs to end.

Reactions: LMTLION and bison13
Not the greatest start for Deon. I think his behavior has been pretty poor so far. Even worse IMO is that the Colorado AD and university prez are apparently ok with it.
They brought him in to do exactly this
When is the last time Colorado football was being discussed in December on this board?

Reactions: NewEra 2014
Where do you all think is his ultimate end game? Florida State is an obvious goal. Beyond that what works for Prime?

Maybe LSU? Da U? Other than just winning...where would he "fit?"

Reactions: bison13
They brought him in to do exactly this
When is the last time Colorado football was being discussed in December on this board?
I’d hardly consider them a great topic of conversation. No one’s talking about their football program- only about Deon’s behavior and how he’s treating his players.

• Wow
Reactions: step.eng69
Where do you all think is his ultimate end game? Florida State is an obvious goal. Beyond that what works for Prime?

Maybe LSU? Da U? Other than just winning...where would he "fit?"
I’d guess FSU is his end game but the stars will have to align just right for that to happen and his time at Colorado will be make or break for him IMO.

I don’t know if he’d go to Miami or if they’d even want him.

I’d hardly consider them a great topic of conversation. No one’s talking about their football program- only about Deon’s behavior and how he’s treating his players.
That's talking about Colorado football. Your mistake here is believing people care about this. His behavior is fine. They weren't his players. He's building a program and in this era you use the portal to do so.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT