ADVERTISEMENT

Football College Football Playoff Expansion and what it means for Penn State

A) The best thing about this is forcing some SEC teams to play on the frozen tundra up north in December. They always had a massive advantage in bowl games when northern teams would wilt in the heat and humidity in the south. This should show that the northern teams are just as good when playing in various environments.

B) Better start upgrading and winterizing the Beav….yesterday!

Last edited:
I saw this. my first thought is to book hotel rooms for 1/20/25 in ATL and 1/19/26 in Miami near the stadiums right now. Maybe some AirB&Bs. They'll go up in price big time soon!

Fi6D5aVXEAEdI2j

I saw this. my first thought is to book hotel rooms for 1/20/25 in ATL and 1/19/26 in Miami near the stadiums right now. Maybe some AirB&Bs. They'll go up in price big time soon!

Fi6D5aVXEAEdI2j
Good move. Reserve both. If PSU is in go to game. If not either resell both for a profit or go to one for the experience.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Good move. Reserve both. If PSU is in go to game. If not either resell both for a profit or go to one for the experience.
I don't know how far in advance ABNB's are available but I am willing to bet several don't follow college football and have no idea their places will be worth ten times asking those weeks.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I don't know how far in advance ABNB's are available but I am willing to bet several don't follow college football and have no idea their places will be worth ten times asking those weeks.
Very true. Those are weeks after any bowl games and we’ll before a Super Bowl so should e quote times, especially in Atlanta. Book a couple dozen, resell them, retire young!

If today was the criteria….and Champions were decided and seeding is specifically by the committee’s rank.

Georgia, Michigan, TCU and USC get byes.

OSU vs Tulane winner vs USC
Alabama vs Utah winner vs TCU
Tennessee vs KState winner vs Michigan
PSU vs Clemson vs Georgia

Pretty tasty!

If today was the criteria….and Champions were decided and seeding is specifically by the committee’s rank.

Pretty tasty!
Sign me up - Clemson at Beaver Stadium!!

Pretty tasty!
Yeah, I'm still dumbfounded anyone is against this

Reactions: bluewhiteApos
And if you've been following along since the ranking came out in week 9, it's been fun to watch PSU move up in the rankings--from NOT in the 12 team playoff...to traveling for a first round game (Tennessee was the probable destination at one point...how fun would that be?)...to now hosting a first round game. We'd be rooting for teams ahead of us to lose MUCH more rigorously down the stretch and the interest in the sport would go up big time in November.

Those little 12 team bracket things are going to become more iconic than March Madness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT