ADVERTISEMENT

Collegiate Duals 2.0

anybody know if this is going to be free on rokfin anytime soon? i've been trying to avoid results and have been mostly successful (except for the brooks result) but they still want me to pay $15 to watch the replays right now

Honestly better now then Aaron going to March as the 1 seed then getting caught in the semis like that by Coleman. Our guys are money in March but let's not act like there haven't been plenty of scares.
Joseph getting cradled by Lewis was eerily similar to what happened to AB.

Reactions: diggerpup
Joseph getting cradled by Lewis was eerily similar to what happened to AB.
Yep. Saw it coming literally in slow motion both times...nothing you can do though because like I said...ANYONE can get caught.

Dan Gable got caught 3 times in one match against Larry Owings...

Putting yourself in a 4 point (if you get tilted like Cenzo) or 5 point (if you get throw to your back like AB) hole against opponents you see in the semis and finals (Top 5 level guys) is basically insurmountable for the most part especially since they'll go defensive and definitely know not to give up a big move. That's 3 takedowns minimum with a catch and release (6-2 difference) or 2 perfectly timed takedowns at the end of a period where they can't escape. So yeah, basically insurmountable.

anybody know if this is going to be free on rokfin anytime soon? i've been trying to avoid results and have been mostly successful (except for the brooks result) but they still want me to pay $15 to watch the replays right now
I don’t think last year’s replays were ever free.

Seems to watch them on Rokfin you will need to pay the $15 bucks.

I don’t think last year’s replays were ever free.

Seems to watch them on Rokfin you will need to pay the $15 bucks.

dang. i thought the talk before the 2.0 was that last year's were available to all rokfin users shortly after the event but i guess my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be.

dang. i thought the talk before the 2.0 was that last year's were available to all rokfin users shortly after the event but i guess my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be.
Someone had previously posted that the matches will be on Flo soon if not already. I haven’t verified this.

Someone help me out. Someone posted a screenshot of Flo advertising their replay to take place after some time after the event.
Do you mean this? Which invited users to watch the flo bros watch the event live?

Do you mean this? Which invited users to watch the flo bros watch the event live?

No. Someone showed it calling them out as trying to get people to sign up for a membership with the fine print saying it would be a replay.

Either that or I had one too many white claws. Both are possibilities.

I can watch a few select individual matches but I do not see the entire team matches available to Rokfin members that didn't pay for the Collegiate Duals.

You read correctly. Full replays are now available. No $15 ppv charge, but is premium content, so must be a paying member to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: psumacw
Last year's replays are actually still available under the Collegiate duals channel. They are "free" in that you don't have to pay the $15 ppv, but do have to have a paid subscription.
Good to know, I thought the only reason I could watch them was because I paid the PPV fee..

Last year's replays are actually still available under the Collegiate duals channel. They are "free" in that you don't have to pay the $15 ppv, but do have to have a paid subscription.
Check your CC that's on file. When you purchased the event all you did was hit enter event. There was no extra thing that said this is a PPV and its $15 . Once you click enter event you were charged the $15 . Very deceptive

Reactions: slaterun
Not my experience. I seem to recall the screen read "Buy Event" when not logged into Rokfin account or PPV not yet purchased. It read "Enter Event" when logged in and PPV purchased.
I was thinking west2east is correct. I never log out of Rokfin...don't recall a button to buy event...only one to enter event which I did. I do remember checking my cc rught away because I wasn't even sure if I purchased it or not.

I was thinking west2east is correct. I never log out of Rokfin...don't recall a button to buy event...only one to enter event which I did. I do remember checking my cc rught away because I wasn't even sure if I purchased it or not.
Exactly what happened to me as well. And I wasn't sure if it even charged me . And I know the $ goes to the teams so I wanted to make sure it worked and if it didn't I would've let Frank know. Mine definitely didn't say buy the event . I just didn't want people going and thinking it's free and maybe it's not.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Check your CC that's on file. When you purchased the event all you did was hit enter event. There was no extra thing that said this is a PPV and its $15 . Once you click enter event you were charged the $15 . Very deceptive

Weird. My experience was nothing like that. Like @98lberEating2Lunches, when I went to the channel, it clearly said PPV and had a "buy" button. Couldn't enter the stream unless the $15 ppv charge was made.

I wasn't able to watch live, so had been checking in each day to see if the replays were available yet. It continued to have the ppv buy button until yesterday, with a select few matches available with no ppv charge.

Now, the ppv option is gone and all duals are posted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT