ADVERTISEMENT

Committee endorses athletic facility upgrades.

Hate to see the lx stadium changed, but at least it isn't costing universit

Anything except more green space

After the publicity of the Sandusky abuse....

do you think that Mildred and Louis Lasch have any regrets about paying to have the building named for them?

Re: After the publicity of the Sandusky abuse....

nah....what would you feel if someone got robbed in a park named after you? Of course, I'd hate it but it was a criminal event that you had no control over.

Re: Hate to see the lx stadium changed, but at least it isn't costing universit

Originally posted by dwiz:
Anything except more green space

It a field with a few bleachers, calling it a stadium is a stretch at the moment. This is a much needed upgrade.

Then it shouldn't be called a stadium. People love bringing their

blankets, dogs, coolers, etc and sitting on the grass and watching the game. If you want to sit in the bleachers, there are bleachers all along the other side and behind one goal. I think bleachers will actually reduce the attendance.

Re: Then it shouldn't be called a stadium. People love bringing their

Originally posted by dwiz:
blankets, dogs, coolers, etc and sitting on the grass and watching the game. If you want to sit in the bleachers, there are bleachers all along the other side and behind one goal. I think bleachers will actually reduce the attendance.

When you recruiting against teams with real facilities you have to compete. Hopefully they incorporate the hill into the design. I would imagine there will still be some areas for that.

I still think they should combine Lax & Soccer into one complex. Side by side fields with a double sided grandstand, press box, locker rooms & restrooms between the two fields. It costs less money in the long run to maintain one larger structure with locker rooms, restroms, etc. than it will to maintain two smaller ones. Something along the lines that Bucknell built a few years back, but with a larger seating capacity.

http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=32100&ATCLID=209105184

I know one thing.

In no way will the cost to upgrade the lacrosse field come close to 8.4 mil.

Originally posted by Class of 67:
Includes $8.4M for improvements to LAX field built in 2011 to make it more fan friendly.
In 2013 we averaged about 850 fans per game for men's lacrosse, so that comes out to $10,000 per fan.

Re: I know one thing.

Originally posted by WDLion:
In no way will the cost to upgrade the lacrosse field come close to 8.4 mil.
if that's why they do end up spending it's going to be one heck of a facility. Considering the turf, lights, scoreboard, and lockerrooms are already in place 8 million is a lot for what's left.

Soccer would never go with sharing..........

They have a firm stranglehold on "their" location on the corner and seem to be untouchable. The firm I work for has worked on several proposals for upgrades over the years and they call their own shots. I wouldn't see them agreeing to a new location or sharing of facilities.

Re: Soccer would never go with sharing..........

Originally posted by bytir:
They have a firm stranglehold on "their" location on the corner and seem to be untouchable. The firm I work for has worked on several proposals for upgrades over the years and they call their own shots. I wouldn't see them agreeing to a new location or sharing of facilities.
I'm guessing that attitude is probably why lacrosse ended up with their own faciltiy even though sharing might make more sense.

From reading the BOT notes it seems like the facility originally was only to get the bleachers but the scope expanded. That note makes me think they may have gotten a big contribution that will pay for most of the upgrades, doubtful with their current budget they expand a scope of a project without a major donation behind it.

Commenting without reading the article, eh?

Donations are paying for 100% of the upgrade.

Mark Dambly has his fingers all over that stuff......

This post was edited on 3/20 12:01 AM by bjf1984

Re: Mark Dambly has his fingers all over that stuff......

Mark Dambly is an altruist who - out of the goodness in his heart - provided low income housing to Chester, PA, one of the poorest cities in the United States of America.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT