ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Willie and CP

Congrats guys. And great questions you put to Bill Zadick today, the interview showed why you were worthy of the award.

Reactions: smalls103
Agreed. Who would have thought just a few years ago you could sit and listen to an interesting radio talk show about wrestling twice a week in JUNE. Additionally the content they put out had raised the level everywhere. Ive got FLO, Intermat, now even the Open Mat has raised their game, forums - a wrestling fans nirvana year round.

Anybody know who the Advanced Sports Media Group is? TOM has been going through tough times with Willie & JB leaving and the AWN deal falling through, so I hope this helps them.

Willie. Work with WIN on doing a Hodge selection show. Announce finalists at the NCAA tournament. Couple weeks later have a broadcast with some pre recorded video interviews of each candidate and coach and some graphics of accomplishments then a live video stream interviewing the winner. A similar production to the Heisman ceremony, but a cheaper scale. This is my wish.

I am just handing out million dollar ideas all day long.

Congrats for being a stellar journalist and top shelf recruiter for Cael, Willie, all out of the same "covert" headquarters in the hot bed of high school wrestling recruiting, Texas. o_O Who would have thought that being an unbiased journalist could be so much fun as the spy days in the cold war. Hey... no one's disappearing... and Iowa fan's paranoia was temporarily halted when Willie couldn't steer Spencer Lee and Gavin Teasdale to State College. Instead he had his double agent, CP... Commie Power... direct Spencer Lee to Iowa for further deprogramming and de-offensivefying. ;)

Thanks for your support, fellas.

You guys have one of, if not the best, wrestling communities here on BWI.

i appreciate your passion and your dialogue.

Beers on me if we ever get together.
Willie, just make sure the beer does not come out of your under the table, PSU recruiting, slush fund.

Definitely well deserved. Vais/CP and Willie have established quite a show. I find myself disappointed when their schedules limit FRL to only 1 show that week.

Keep raising the bar, CP and Willie, and congratulations to both of you!

Absolutely deserving of the award and love listening to them on FRL. Part of what's so great about wrestling is how close knit the community is. In the wrestling world Willie and CP are celebrities, but still interact with the average fan and often come post on our forums. We take it for granted but this really doesn't happen in other sports

Absolutely deserving of the award and love listening to them on FRL. Part of what's so great about wrestling is how close knit the community is. In the wrestling world Willie and CP are celebrities, but still interact with the average fan and often come post on our forums. We take it for granted but this really doesn't happen in other sports

Agree completely with the whole post, especially the red-bolded sentence...not sure I would have said "celebrities", they may not stop by the boards as often...too good for us, and all ;);).

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
It's interesting to rank based upon teams filling needs, as opposed to overall total of talent. When analysts grade NFL drafts, it's usually factoring in that teams need. College football and basketball do it based solely on the sum of all the talent.

Willie. Work with WIN on doing a Hodge selection show. Announce finalists at the NCAA tournament. Couple weeks later have a broadcast with some pre recorded video interviews of each candidate and coach and some graphics of accomplishments then a live video stream interviewing the winner. A similar production to the Heisman ceremony, but a cheaper scale. This is my wish.

I am just handing out million dollar ideas all day long.

that's already planned. almost happened this year but we got a late jump on it.

You are one of the classy Iowa posters who feel this way. There are many on the Iowa board that look at those two like they are convicted traitors of the United States.

You are one of the classy Iowa posters who feel this way. There are many on the Iowa board that look at those two like they are convicted traitors of the United States.

No.

Most of us really like Flo. Most like Willie and Christian (who used to be a regular and unofficial fact checker). Willie has picked a few fights with us. Some have picked a few fights with him. Shit happens.

All of that said, I make it appoint to save FRL for my drive to and from work because they are the best and I try to avoid political radio stuff these days...life is too short. I don't always agree but I pretty much always enjoy. The only bone I have to pick is that the article said that they were never journalists in the sport. Willie was before he went to Flo. Well done fellas. On a separate note, "Wildman" is just freaking awesome. Can't wait for part II.

Reactions: WildTurk and moug
No.

Most of us really like Flo. Most like Willie and Christian (who used to be a regular and unofficial fact checker). Willie has picked a few fights with us. Some have picked a few fights with him. Shit happens.

All of that said, I make it appoint to save FRL for my drive to and from work because they are the best and I try to avoid political radio stuff these days...life is too short. I don't always agree but I pretty much always enjoy. The only bone I have to pick is that the article said that they were never journalists in the sport. Willie was before he went to Flo. Well done fellas. On a separate note, "Wildman" is just freaking awesome. Can't wait for part II.
Wildman? Isn't that what Amalone calls Wildturk?;)

I think that sentiment is beginning to pass. Willie has posted a few times on our board recently without being attacked

Reactions: Azchief32
I think that sentiment is beginning to pass. Willie has posted a few times on our board recently without being attacked

In that case "you likely have one of the second, third, fourth or fifth best college message boards out there today, after Penn State. :D

Last edited:
Flo is indeed putting out some good "premium" content as of late. Like I said on HR, good for them. What they are doing in general is good for the sport. Hard to deny that. Keep them videos coming!
And FYI, it never offended me to be called "Wildman". My nickname is Wild Willy after all. And now after watching that Dan Dennis video I am truly honored. Thanks Amaloone!

Congrats to Willie and CP. Job well done. I at one time had some issues with FLO but good old CP helped me get that taken care of. Was the cancel problem.
I now have FLO pro year round, where else can you get all these wrestling meets live even in the off season. Keep up the great work Willie and CP and all your staff..Just watched the Dennis show another great job men.

Loved the Dan Dennis first episode Willie. So when is Cael or Frank going to get the docu-Flo treatment? Been awhile since you covered DT and you've added a lot of polish to your storytelling game since then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT