ADVERTISEMENT

Could Have Been’s

BigFella235

Aug 13, 2021
Flo posed an interesting question to their staff today: Who would’ve been the best wrestler of all time if not for injuries?

To modify that question slightly: In your opinion, who would’ve been the best wrestler if not for injuries, run-ins with the law, pursuit of another career, etc.? For my money, it’s Joe Russell. Cade Olivas would probably be my second pick.

Last edited:
Flo posed an interesting question to their staff today: Who would’ve been the best wrestler if not for injuries?

To modify that question slightly: In your opinion, who would’ve been the best wrestler if not for injuries, run-ins with the law, pursuit of another career, etc.? For my money, it’s Joe Russell. Cade Olivas would probably be my second pick.
I met Joe & Dan at JRob's intensive camp in the late 80s. Dan was one of my group coaches at the camp & everyone in our group was raving about how good he was. He said something like, "If you think I'm good, you should have seen my brother. He was even better than me." Dan said Joe was a really special wrestler.

Last edited:
I met Joe & Dan at JRob's intensive camp in the late 80s. Dan was one of my group coaches at the camp & everyone in our group was raving about how good he was. He said something like, "If you think I'm good, you should have seen my brother. He was even better than me."
That this story does not get outside the wrestling community is baffling to me.

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
More seriously: Dylan Ness had a couple unfortunate injuries.

But in all reality: absolutely none of them would've topped 159-0. Many would've been awfully good. None would've been the best.

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT