ADVERTISEMENT

Criminal Migrants Run Free in My District

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Letting them with no plan for them is not a plan at all. Letting in criminals is even worse.

https://www.wsj.com/opinion/criminal-migrants-run-free-in-my-district-d9594b0d?st=STDQo5

My constituents live with immigration’s effects every day. Texas’ 23rd Congressional District, which encompasses several hundred miles of the southern border, is the largest border district in the nation. The approximately 11 million migrant “encounters” our country has endured since fiscal 2021 has spread violence and inflicted economic distress. Frequent high-speed chases between drug runners or human smugglers and law-enforcement agents endanger our residents.

On March 13, I sent a letter to the Department of Homeland Security requesting the number of illegal immigrants on Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s docket who had been convicted or charged with a crime.

On Sept. 25, the department replied: “As of July 21, 2024, there were 662,566 noncitizens with criminal histories on ICE’s national docket, which includes those detained by ICE, and on the agency’s non-detained docket.” This includes 435,719 “convicted criminals” and 226,847 with “pending criminal charges.” Of the 662,566 illegal immigrants with criminal records, approximately 647,000 weren’t detained. This number doesn’t include those who evaded ICE’s eye.

The department included a chart that listed all the charges against those who had been detected entering the country illegally. It reported that 207,697 illegal aliens convicted or charged with “assault,” “dangerous drugs,” “sexual assault” or “sex offenses” hadn’t been detained.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.