ADVERTISEMENT

Curious about Jim Jordan

DrJC

May 29, 2001
I just finished. Graham Spanier's book; IN THE LION'S DEN. A really well written book and quite eye-opening. Makes me wonder: What happened to all the allegations of a coverup at OSU of sexual abuse by the then assistant wrestling coach - Jim Jordan. At least 6 wrestlers testified that he was informed of the abuse and did nothing. Anyone know what the story is regarding this.

I just finished. Graham Spanier's book; IN THE LION'S DEN. A really well written book and quite eye-opening. Makes me wonder: What happened to all the allegations of a coverup at OSU of sexual abuse by the then assistant wrestling coach - Jim Jordan. At least 6 wrestlers testified that he was informed of the abuse and did nothing. Anyone know what the story is regarding this.
no, but take it to another board….

No one testified that Jordan was aware of the abuse and did nothing. Some guys made comments along the lines of “Jordan had to know because everyone knew” but nobody considered Strauss’ antics abuse until after the Michigan State gymnasts were paid millions. The men who initiated the lawsuit against Ohio State, Mike DiSabato and Deneshea Yeatts, are notorious con artists. DiSabato has a history of frivolous lawsuits against Ohio State and Yeatts has served time in prison for fraud. DiSabato is also on video joking about Strauss only a few months before claiming he was abused.

The only reason they ever mentioned Jim Jordan’s name was be because they knew it was the key to having the left wing media pay attention to them.

The accusing against Jordan are exactly like the ones against Joe Paterno. People automatically want to believe them because they want someone from their rival university or political party to be guilty.

Is this about yet another incriminating location for Biden classified documents being reported today?

Reactions: bmejnes
No one testified that Jordan was aware of the abuse and did nothing. Some guys made comments along the lines of “Jordan had to know because everyone knew” but nobody considered Strauss’ antics abuse until after the Michigan State gymnasts were paid millions. The men who initiated the lawsuit against Ohio State, Mike DiSabato and Deneshea Yeatts, are notorious con artists. DiSabato has a history of frivolous lawsuits against Ohio State and Yeatts has served time in prison for fraud. DiSabato is also on video joking about Strauss only a few months before claiming he was abused.

The only reason they ever mentioned Jim Jordan’s name was be because they knew it was the key to having the left wing media pay attention to them.

The accusing against Jordan are exactly like the ones against Joe Paterno. People automatically want to believe them because they want someone from their rival university or political party to be guilty.
good summation. I'll also add that Strouss was the team doctor. There was some notion that he was a Dr. doing Dr. stuff. I recall our team Drs., in the wayback machine, asking us to pull down our pants and cough while he held our nuts. That was part of the physical.

Reactions: dailybuck777
good summation. I'll also add that Strouss was the team doctor. There was some notion that he was a Dr. doing Dr. stuff. I recall our team Drs., in the wayback machine, asking us to pull down our pants and cough while he held our nuts. That was part of the physical.
Yes. I feel the same way about the Bo Schembechlar allegations. Young male athletes half jokingly complaining about getting physicals from a male doctor happens absolutely everywhere.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Yes. I feel the same way about the Bo Schembechlar allegations. Young male athletes half jokingly complaining about getting physicals from a male doctor happens absolutely everywhere.
yep...which is a similar plane to JS and PSU. JS used his status as the head of a nationally recognized charity for young boys who are at risk. First, he can groom and endear himself to them. Second, if they say anything, they have little to no credibility. Lastly, he spread out his activities over a wide area to avoid any common stories.

Also have to say that he had, and represented, "deep pockets". So once the lawyers start dragging $20 bills around, you'll get all kinds of "takers" on a large lawsuit.

This is not to say any of them did or did not do wrong. Its just the way it is today. I am sure a lot of monsters are behind bars but I am also just as sure that many innocent men have had their lives ruined.

Agree with much of this...there is a difference between, with the benefit of hindsight, not taking things as seriously as they could/should have been taken, vs. intentionally trying to sweep things under the rug. I'm sure that Jim Jordan wishes he had done more, but that doesn't make him a terrible person or a criminal (though "rivals" will try to spin it in a way that makes him look as poorly as possible, just as they did it to Joe).

Agree with much of this...there is a difference between, with the benefit of hindsight, not taking things as seriously as they could/should have been taken, vs. intentionally trying to sweep things under the rug. I'm sure that Jim Jordan wishes he had done more, but that doesn't make him a terrible person or a criminal (though "rivals" will try to spin it in a way that makes him look as poorly as possible, just as they did it to Joe).
It's all about the clicks and the ad 💰!

Jim Jordan is a meathead. While not quite as stupid as the Democratic congressman who thought Guam’s growing population possibly risked having that island tip over, he’s still got rocks in his head.

He’s among the cast of characters on the far right and far left who should be marooned on some island to become feral and wipe each other out

Times have certainly changed. A physical exam used to include the inguinal hernia check you mentioned and a rectal exam where they checked your prostate. They also did an eye exam, listened to your heart, and assorted other things. Now they just put you on a scale, ask you how you're feeling, and review bloodwork. It used to be a half hour. Now it's 10 minutes.

Reactions: Obliviax
Jim Jordan is a meathead. While not quite as stupid as the Democratic congressman who thought Guam’s growing population possibly risked having that island tip over, he’s still got rocks in his head.

He’s among the cast of characters on the far right and far left who should be marooned on some island to become feral and wipe each other out
Of course, there’s nothing like “reasonable moderates” who are okay with the restaurant reopening, just God forbid someone walk to or from their table without wearing a dingy piece of cloth over their face!

• Love
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Of course, there’s nothing like “reasonable moderates” who are okay with the restaurant reopening, just God forbid someone walk to or from their table without wearing a dingy piece of cloth over their face!
I’ll take reasonable moderates (who shouldn’t give a shit about masks) over the lunatics on either end of the batshit crazy scale any day.

God, this country needs a Jerry Ford or Harry Truman

Name calling. That always makes one’s argument stronger.

I was not trying to start a firestorm about Jordan. My comment was based upon reading Spanier's book which I highly recommend. There were numerous allegations by OSU wrestlers that abuse had taken place. Somehow, either they lacked merit or whatever, as there seemed to have been no reported follow up. That surely was not the case with McQueary regarding Spanier, Schultz, Curley, and of courses Paterno. Why? What happened? By the way, being the Freeh report has been solidly debunked, when are we going to see the statue returned?

I was not trying to start a firestorm about Jordan. My comment was based upon reading Spanier's book which I highly recommend. There were numerous allegations by OSU wrestlers that abuse had taken place. Somehow, either they lacked merit or whatever, as there seemed to have been no reported follow up. That surely was not the case with McQueary regarding Spanier, Schultz, Curley, and of courses Paterno. Why? What happened? By the way, being the Freeh report has been solidly debunked, when are we going to see the statue returned?
Sadly, many prosecutors see their position as steps to political success rather than applying justice/rehabilitation.

PSU: popular sport (football), Premier coaches (Paterno and to a lesser extent Sandusky), Premier Charity, First One. It is my opinion that the prosecutors wanted to use this to get a name and use it for higher offices. And that is, of course, exactly what happened.

My point is that the Philly prosecutors saw an opportunity to "make a name" for themselves and use it for politics. The media was happy to take the revenue opportunity. tOSU was wrestling with doctors and coaches nobody has ever heard of. Not a great media opportunity nor a way to climb up the political ladder.

FmXMNMwXEAI7YH3

"Ohio State has settled with nearly 300 survivors for more than $60 million since 2020."

And the lawsuits of others just got a stay for OSU. But they are coming. And it is all around staute of limitation arguments, not whether it happend. So yes, it has progressed. Now what has the Big10 or NCAA don, well that's another story. They have done nothing because they have no power unless the institution itself asks for punishment.

Name calling. That always makes one’s argument stronger.
Sometimes you’ve got to throw nuance and elegant prose out the window. How about this - Nancy Pelosi is a crook. Ad hominem works for certain members of both our main political parties.

I think regardless of what the actual truth is, people are certainly going to freak out much greater over “10 year old boys being sodomized in the shower” compared with “a team doctor getting too touchy-feely with college athletes”.

That’s why I think trying to shift fault to other schools is a bad look for Penn Staters. We need to debunk the mainstream BS toward our school.

I think regardless of what the actual truth is, people are certainly going to freak out much greater over “10 year old boys being sodomized in the shower” compared with “a team doctor getting too touchy-feely with college athletes”.

That’s why I think trying to shift fault to other schools is a bad look for Penn Staters. We need to debunk the mainstream BS toward our school.
This x 1000
Many here just want others to be penalized because we were wrongly penalized--fortunately for everyone else we're the blueprint of what not to do.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
ADVERTISEMENT