ADVERTISEMENT

Dang. Not a single 8th grade student is "proficient" at LeBron's I Promise School

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
This is really sad. After millions spent by LeBron and various other donors, not a single 8th grader is proficient in math. This class is important because it is the inaugural class that started several years ago in first grade.

More information in the school and its charter is in the link. Personally, I commend LbJ for starting the school and it is very sad that it isn't prospering. Obviously, education is a lot more complex than just money. A ton of staff has left amid behavioral problems...I am not sure if this is handicapped or kids from the inner city. IMHO, education still comes down to family. And this is a lifelong issue. In other words, you can't swoop in when a kid is ten and expect success. It start from birth and continues until death. Parents know this. You can talk to any parent who knows you have to start with good sleeping, eating and grooming habits. Then move on to work ethic, behavior and dedication. It is a 7x24x365 job. this means it isn't great for the "me first" generation of social media influencers age. I've found I need to get them to "de-learn" what Hollywood has been teaching them for years (its great to drink, get high and it is funny to be a trouble maker).

LeBron James' I Promise School faces tough questions about student performance

Reactions: Fac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News