ADVERTISEMENT

DE Fisher out "indefinately"....

GregInPitt

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
USC
Nice to have depth at DE but losing Fisher will hurt some.

Carter, DDS, Vanover, and Lyons seem like the top 4 in the rotation. With Vilbert now looked at as a DE/DT at 290+ lbs and the RS Freshman Mupoyi, Robinson and Mayer looking to break into some snaps as well....

Missed that. Was he 2nd team?
It seems that Fisher and Vanover were the 2nd team DE's. I read that Fisher got injured in Spring practice and didn't play in the B/W game, but just announced now?!?...

It seems that Fisher and Vanover were the 2nd team DE's. I read that Fisher got injured in Spring practice and didn't play in the B/W game, but just announced now?!?...
they don't do announcements now. The NFL does, as part of the collective bargaining agreement. However, it has been considered that players have HIPAA rights and their health cannot be disclosed without their consent. it is another reason why I wonder why anyone would bet on college games. The coach and we have one of the many that are very secretive, don't even have to disclose players that are out that week until a little before kickoff. I don't recall the exact timing but it is like an hour or half hour before kickoff.

Nice to have depth at DE but losing Fisher will hurt some.

Carter, DDS, Vanover, and Lyons seem like the top 4 in the rotation. With Vilbert now looked at as a DE/DT at 290+ lbs and the RS Freshman Mupoyi, Robinson and Mayer looking to break into some snaps as well....

Scratch Lyons from that list. All of a sudden we’re looking a bit thin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT