ADVERTISEMENT

Football Deion Barnes has a new role

That’s the ideal scenario but Scott has been pretty solid imo, you keep him as long as he wants to stay.
I’m curious what Scott has done as Dline Coach that would qualify him as pretty solid. Our recruiting of DTs has been absolutely atrocious and even though we made a lot of TFLs last year the DTs did little to contribute to that. With our Dline as the biggest liability and potentially something that may end up preventing us from taking the next step to the CFP, I wondered why he wasn’t given his walking papers like Stubblefield.

Reactions: aworsnup and RandyL
I’m curious what Scott has done as Dline Coach that would qualify him as pretty solid. Our recruiting of DTs has been absolutely atrocious and even though we made a lot of TFLs last year the DTs did little to contribute to that. With our Dline as the biggest liability and potentially something that may end up preventing us from taking the next step to the CFP, I wondered why he wasn’t given his walking papers like Stubblefield.
We had 6 more sacks than any team in the Big Ten. Only 5 teams in the country had more.

I get that, but a lot of that can be contributed to Diaz blitzing the LBs and DBs. Abdul Carter led us in sacks with Brown second. We got a decent rush from our DEs, but after seeing Michigan run through our D like a knife through melted butter our Dline needs to be much better especially our DTs.

Reactions: aworsnup
The former Nittany Lion defensive end Deion Barnes tenure as a grad assistant is over. He’s now an offensive / defensive analyst & Analytics coordinator according to Penn State’s directory.
Is he the guy advising everyone to leave early? He shouldn't be...it didn't work out for him.

ADVERTISEMENT