Democrats gain full control of at least 2 state legislatures, 4 state governments in midterms

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004

Democrats flipped Republican-led state legislatures in Minnesota and Michigan in Tuesday's elections and maintained control of the state House and Senate in several states targeted by Republicans. Because Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) and Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) also won re-election Tuesday, Democrats now have full control over the governments in Michigan for the first time since 1982, and in Minnesota after a six-year break.

Democratic pickups in the Maryland and Massachusetts gubernatorial races mean the party also gained trifectas — control of the governorship and both houses of the state legislature — in those two states as well. Democrats also appear to have flipped the Pennsylvania House and deprived Republicans of supermajorities in Wisconsin and North Carolina. Republicans appear to have fallen short in their campaigns to end Democratic control of the Colorado and Nevada legislatures, but ended the Democratic supermajority in Oregon's Senate.

It looks like Minnesota, Michigan, Maryland, Pennsylvania are fully Democrats as well as being in the Big Ten. Battleground for 2024 will be Georgia, Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada.

Last edited:
Reactions: franklinman

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

Democrats flipped Republican-led state legislatures in Minnesota and Michigan in Tuesday's elections and maintained control of the state House and Senate in several states targeted by Republicans. Because Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) and Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) also won re-election Tuesday, Democrats now have full control over the governments in Michigan for the first time since 1982, and in Minnesota after a six-year break.

Democratic pickups in the Maryland and Massachusetts gubernatorial races mean the party also gained trifectas — control of the governorship and both houses of the state legislature — in those two states as well. Democrats also appear to have flipped the Pennsylvania House and deprived Republicans of supermajorities in Wisconsin and North Carolina. Republicans appear to have fallen short in their campaigns to end Democratic control of the Colorado and Nevada legislatures, but ended the Democratic supermajority in Oregon's Senate.

It looks like Minnesota, Michigan, Maryland, Pennsylvania are fully Democrats as well as being in the Big Ten. Battleground for 2024 will be Georgia, Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada.
Ballot harvesting

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010

I may be wrong, but with the possible exception of Pennsylvania that was previously purple, those states were always largely Democrat anyway.

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
I may be wrong, but with the possible exception of Pennsylvania that was previously purple, those states were always largely Democrat anyway.
I believe Michigan, Pennsylvania and Minnesota were some of the swing states in the 2020 election.

North Carolina surprises me since it not purple or blue. So many Northerners are moving to North Carolina but I don't see a change in the politics. Arizona with the migration from California in two more years should be blue.

Last edited:

NC.Lion

Jan 11, 2021
Why it will be effectively impossible for any Republican to win the Presidency for at least the next 10 (perhaps 20) years.

Voting regulations in these states now controlled by Dems will become even laxer.

The Nation’s path to demise has been fast-tracked.
Which is why I always laugh when democrats are referring to republicans as facists or authoritarian. They are the ones trying to ensure one party rule, doing shady things with voting and not willing to work with the other side.

Truthfully, highly considering retiring outside of this country (which is 25 years away from me). I can’t see this country getting any better. It will only be downhill from here. Democrats basically want to destroy the economy, don’t care about crime or who they are letting in the country.

Nittany Ned2

Dec 16, 2005
Why it will be effectively impossible for any Republican to win the Presidency for at least the next 10 (perhaps 20) years.

Voting regulations in these states now controlled by Dems will become even laxer.

I’m concerned. Do you have a fire extinguisher?
Do you know how to use it?

I am pretty sure that you are on fire. It’s either your pants or your hair.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
I believe Michigan, Pennsylvania and Minnesota were some of the swing states in the 2020 election.

North Carolina surprises me since it not purple or blue. So many Northerners are moving to North Carolina but I don't see a change in the politics. Arizona with the migration from California in two more years should be blue.
The good guys got within an eyelash of pulling a Senate upset in NC too. NC will be blue by the end of the decade with all northerners relocating there.

• Haha
Reactions: Hotshoe and psuted

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

But they blame Trump.

Reactions: Bob2022

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
I think many conservatives are simply disgusted with politics and the candidates. They know that little can be done to stop the country's demise when the Extreme Left controls the media. Ask a Dem some basic questions and they get it wrong every time. Ask them where they get their information and it tells the story. This is pervasive, widespread ignorance.

I think conservatives are fatigued and stay silently at home. They see the writing on the wall. Some are migrating south. Some will leave the country. I would certainly leave if my wife were healthy, but she doesn't travel well.

I'm located in as red an area as one could find, and yet even here we have totally irrational Dem-imports that think money falls from the sky.

You win when you control the message. When you can lie and get away with it, when you can run candidates that are practically brain-dead and still "win," well, the end is near.

Nittany Ned2

Dec 16, 2005
He's correct, you as usual are not.
OMG! You are on fire too!

Stop hyperventilating…”Francis”

Nothing has changed. It’s still a near deadlock, with both parties disproportionately influenced by the extremes in thier coalitions. Fixing the situation requires enabling/empowering the center. Until that happens, we will remain in a near deadlock. Status Quo.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
2 states

wow

not bad but i am amazed by the reporting since tues. by any measure this was a push with neither side gaining or losing much
You really need to look at the history of midterms if you think this was a push. It’s a borderline miracle performance by the Dems.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
You really need to look at the history of midterms if you think this was a push. It’s a borderline miracle performance by the Dems.
It’s not a borderline miracle when overt cheating is not only permitted, but encouraged.

You should take great pride in your artificial victory.

Howz the job search progressing?

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Ballot harvesting
You’re spot on with that. It is corrupt and dishonest as hell and the MSM runs cover for the Democrat cheaters. There is no way these “mail in ballots” and early voting nonsense should be allowed. It’s voter fraud plain and simple.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Truthfully, highly considering retiring outside of this country (which is 25 years away from me). I can’t see this country getting any better.
My 21 year-old son who has been very successful both academically and job wise, wants to leave the country. I also have the right to become an Italian dual citizen and have an application pending.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
You’re spot on with that. It is corrupt and dishonest as hell and the MSM runs cover for the Democrat cheaters. There is no way these “mail in ballots” and early voting nonsense should be allowed. It’s voter fraud plain and simple.
The picture he sent me explains this, my friend was working with Project Amistad
That's Maricopa County The 1st address my
investigators checked in 2020. It was foreclosed on 8
years ago. There were 75 newly registered democrats
at this address. After we checked this address when
we began to pull records on the others we were told we
had to leave because they were closing it because of COVID.
The actual shack could not house more than one automobile.

Reactions: psuted

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
My 21 year-old son who has been very successful both academically and job wise, wants to leave the country. I also have the right to become an Italian dual citizen and have an application pending.
More international citizenships are always better.

You should also consider Portugal AND somewhere in South America.

Reactions: dailybuck777

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
More international citizenships are always better.

You should also consider Portugal AND somewhere in South America.
My brother has a girl friend who lives in the Canary Islands, which is quite reasonable. He previously tried Ecuador and didn't like it and ended up in Hawaii.

Mat Burn

Jan 12, 2019
I think many conservatives are simply disgusted with politics and the candidates. They know that little can be done to stop the country's demise when the Extreme Left controls the media. Ask a Dem some basic questions and they get it wrong every time. Ask them where they get their information and it tells the story. This is pervasive, widespread ignorance.

I think conservatives are fatigued and stay silently at home. They see the writing on the wall. Some are migrating south. Some will leave the country. I would certainly leave if my wife were healthy, but she doesn't travel well.

I'm located in as red an area as one could find, and yet even here we have totally irrational Dem-imports that think money falls from the sky.

You win when you control the message. When you can lie and get away with it, when you can run candidates that are practically brain-dead and still "win," well, the end is near.
...or candidates who are dead.

Reactions: Bob2022 and psuted

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
They will regret it. California is the model for Democrat tax psychosis. They should hand out “Tax me I’m stupid” signs for all Democrat voters to wear.

I dunno, they appear to be doing something right.

According to Bloomberg, California is poised to overtake Germany as the world’s 4th largest economy, continuing to outperform the nation and other countries in GDP growth, companies’ market value, renewable energy and more.​

Reactions: NJPSU

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
this stat is unsurprising

the u.s. is the #1 or #2 economy in the world and CA is by far the largest state in terms of population

they could be doing everything completely wrong and they would be one of the top 10 economies in the world by default

California has 39 million people. That would make them one of the worlds top ten countries by population? I don't think so.

Germany has 83 million people.
Russia has 143 million people.
UK population is 67 million people.
Spain has 47 million people.
Italy has 59 million people.
France has 67 million people.
South Korea has 51 million people.

California's economy is bigger than all of them. The only economies that will be larger is the US, China and Japan.