ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats really hate Americans, and here’s the proof

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I don't understand why democrats hate Americans.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/may/15/democrats-really-hate-americans-and-heres-proof/

Those who see ordinary people as deplorable pose the real threat to democracy

Whenever I write a column about Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the California Democrat who has served in Congress for decades and became the only woman ever elected speaker, I always point out that it is admirable that she has spent her life in public service.

Of course, I also point out that she got filthy rich doing it (she’s worth more than $120 million, partly through trading on inside information you can get only in the halls of the Capitol). And I point out that the 84-year-old should have retired years ago, so addled is her brain.

Anyway, last month, Mrs. Pelosi popped off to jolly old England (on your dime, of course, and you better believe she stayed in the best hotel there). She dropped in at Oxford University for the Union Debate, where she declared that populist Americans are just “poor souls who are looking for some answers.”

“We’ve given [answers] to them, but they’re blocked by some of their views on guns. They have the three G’s: guns, gays, God,” spat the bitter old woman. “That would be a woman’s right to choose — and the cultural issues cloud some of their reception of an argument that really is in their interest,” said the pro-abortion “devout” Catholic.

For the record, populism is a political approach that seeks to appeal to ordinary people who feel their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups. But not to Mrs. Pelosi — or other elite Democrats.

Thankfully, squaring off against the angry old lady was Winston Marshall, a musician who was once a part of Mumford and Sons and now hosts the “Marshall Matters” podcast for The Spectator. He took the floor to speak in opposition to the Oxford Union motion that “This House Believes Populism Is a Threat to Democracy.”

Mr. Marshall started slowly, noting that the meaning of the word “populist” has been slowly altered by “elites [who] have failed” to align populism with their own narrative.

“‘Populism’ has become a word used synonymously with ‘racist.’ We’ve heard ‘ethno-nationalist,’ we have ‘bigot,’ we have ‘hillbilly,’ ‘redneck,’ we have ‘deplorable,’” Mr. Marshall said. “Elites use it to show their contempt for ordinary people.”

Reactions: psuted
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News