ADVERTISEMENT

DL Rotation ?

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
Have Caleb Artis (redshirt sophomore ?) or any of the true Freshman DLs played this year? Where is the real game experience for next year except Alonzo Ford?
I think PSU may have to go to the portal for a starter capable DT & DE for 2025.

Have Caleb Artis (redshirt sophomore ?) or any of the true Freshman DLs played this year? Where is the real game experience for next year except Alonzo Ford?
I think PSU may have to go to the portal for a starter capable DT & DE for 2025.
DE need at least two if Sutton goes, maybe 3. DT, at least two, maybe 3 also

Sure could have used keys and Lions. Too bad they made a really bad decision. When you add them to our injury report, we have lost some significant depth on defense.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
why would Sutton go? He hasn't done much this year, that is to say so far.
Would he get drafted? If the answer is even "probably" there's your answer. It's no longer about being a first or second day pick. You want to get to the league as soon as possible and your second contract as soon as possible. Returning for another year rarely makes a huge difference. Rasheed Walker and Parker Washington were criticized but 100% made the right decision.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Sure could have used keys and Lions. Too bad they made a really bad decision. When you add them to our injury report, we have lost some significant depth on defense.
Lyons had the potential to be a special DE. Too bad he screwewd up. Sutton will go. Not too many 6'5 275 lb guys to play 3, 4 end. He doesn't seem as athletic as last season. Too much weght?weight?

We'll need tackles and speed guys for next season unless we have such young studs. Maybe they'll be unleashed soon but how far do you go to save redshirts? If they can play as freshman or redshirt freshman, they're not going to be here five years anyway, so play them.

I would say we undoubtedly bring in some DL next year, but it's primarily because we are so senior laden at DT and NFL quality at DE.

In the middle of a playoff run, you don't start subbing true freshman in just to build depth for '25. You play who deserves to play when you have the opportunity.

Next year will take care of itself. We'll likely bring in who we need to compete, but the DL will definitely be a less experienced group overall simply because the unit currently is about as experienced as it can get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT