DOJ and FBI misread the tea leaves. The rats are turning on one another.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
Sure they didn't see this coming. How could they when their entire world is a DC echo chamber. And the FBI is supposed to be an elite LE agency. Truth is that they couldn't find their asses with both hands.

Senior U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) officials are blaming FBI Director Christopher Wray for the recent raid of former President Donald Trump’s home in an apparent attempt to take pressure off U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland.

After Trump confirmed the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago on Monday, many Republican politicians called on both Wray and Garland to explain the justification for the raid. . .

. . . However, one senior DOJ official told Newsweek that the final decision to green-light the raid on Mar-a-Lago rested with FBI Director Wray.

“I know it’s hard for people to believe, but this was a matter for the U.S. Attorney and the FBI,” the source told Newsweek.

“It really is a case of the Bureau misreading the impact,” the source added. .

. . . Another senior DOJ official told Newsweek that the Mar-a-Lago raid was a “spectacular backfire” because the FBI reportedly planned the raid while Trump was not in Florida in an effort to avoid any media circus. . .

. . . With Republicans rallying around the former president after news of the raid broke, it appears the FBI got the exact opposite of what they wanted.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Sure they didn't see this coming. How could they when their entire world is a DC echo chamber. And the FBI is supposed to be an elite LE agency. Truth is that they couldn't find their asses with both hands.

Senior U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) officials are blaming FBI Director Christopher Wray for the recent raid of former President Donald Trump’s home in an apparent attempt to take pressure off U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland.

After Trump confirmed the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago on Monday, many Republican politicians called on both Wray and Garland to explain the justification for the raid. . .

. . . However, one senior DOJ official told Newsweek that the final decision to green-light the raid on Mar-a-Lago rested with FBI Director Wray.

“I know it’s hard for people to believe, but this was a matter for the U.S. Attorney and the FBI,” the source told Newsweek.

. . . Another senior DOJ official told Newsweek that the Mar-a-Lago raid was a “spectacular backfire” because the FBI reportedly planned the raid while Trump was not in Florida in an effort to avoid any media circus. . .

. . . With Republicans rallying around the former president after news of the raid broke, it appears the FBI got the exact opposite of what they wanted.
THEY ARE BEYOND TONE DEAF. CAPS FOR EMPHASIS.

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003

I call BS. No way this went down without DoJ and WH approval. Maybe not DJ. but Chief of Staff absolutely. Remember this is all political.
The politicians had to be involved. They are blaming Wray so the media can suggest MAYBE Garland but the WH remains isolated.

GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
I call BS on the whole archive docs red herring.

I think Trump had 'other' documents exposing the FBI in crossfire hurricane and the other earlier election scandals that Trump planned to use if he ever get got back in office, and was able to clean house. They had to be found and destroyed. This weak ass justification and politicized raid gave them cover to go in and get them. Likely mission accomplished.

Copies elsewhere???

Darth_VadEER

Dec 14, 2010

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Link?

FZ5na8AX0AUfO0M

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
I call BS on the whole archive docs red herring.

I think Trump had 'other' documents exposing the FBI in crossfire hurricane and the other earlier election scandals that Trump planned to use if he ever get got back in office, and was able to clean house. They had to be found and destroyed. This weak ass justification and politicized raid gave them cover to go in and get them. Likely mission accomplished.

Copies elsewhere???

I honestly was thinking the very same thing.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
I honestly was thinking the very same thing.
Agreed. You really delve into a lot of ambiguity when you look at the array of sensitivity. POTUS simply must keep certain documents archived in case he/she has to get re-engaged with the current administration. I know, for example, I have agreements to destroy documents from previous employers but that is in direct conflict with obligations I may have if there was a legal issue regarding customer contracts or communications.

maypole

May 9, 2022
Agreed. You really delve into a lot of ambiguity when you look at the array of sensitivity. POTUS simply must keep certain documents archived in case he/she has to get re-engaged with the current administration. I know, for example, I have agreements to destroy documents from previous employers but that is in direct conflict with obligations I may have if there was a legal issue regarding customer contracts or communications.
So you have Top Secret government documents in your possession, you goddamned moron?

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Wrong. It was a grand jury. And it’s popular.
Its pretty clear what happened: trump said I gave you everything, insider said he’s lying, so grand jury got involved, and the FBI went in. Next up among the Nazis: Planted evidence lie.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/11/poll-voters-mar-a-lago-search-00051116>

You know the FBI was there in June in that very room, right? So are you suggesting that Trump pulled out all the good stuff then when they left filed it back into the very same boxes? The old "hide in plain site" routine.......

I agree, the nazi's will likely try to plant something. They are so consumed with hate that they have no boundaries.

maypole

May 9, 2022
You know the FBI was there in June in that very room, right? So are you suggesting that Trump pulled out all the good stuff then when they left filed it back into the very same boxes? The old "hide in plain site" routine.......

I agree, the nazi's will likely try to plant something. They are so consumed with hate that they have no boundaries.
No, he hid some boxes and the informant called him on it. trump like all sociopaths has no shame.
So the FBI agents are all Nazis?

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
Wrong. It was a grand jury. And it’s popular.
Its pretty clear what happened: trump said I gave you everything, insider said he’s lying, so grand jury got involved, and the FBI went in. Next up among the Nazis: Planted evidence lie.
<https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/11/poll-voters-mar-a-lago-search-00051116>
Think about what you are saying.

An administration official takes classified documents when they leave. [Clinton, Comey, Berger, Bush, Obama]
This not an uncommon occurrence.

A back and forth is proceeding. Also not uncommon.

Every legal scholar I have heard from both sides say this was it legal to send 30 agents for 10 hours -yes, was it unprecedented - yes were there OTHER remedies they could have implored before this visit -absolutely

So you have an unprecedented action against a former President [and presumed nominee for President] you are 90 days from a Federal election and there ARE OTHER options they could pursue and they choose the most politically explosive option without a wink and a nod from the WH or the DoJ. As DJ would say.... c'mon man wake up.

Latest posts