ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles and Cowboys private workouts with Hackenberg

Huh? The Eagles and Cowboys are both regular playoff teams. Where do you think he should go, Cleveland?
The Eagles are rebuilding-again. Jerry Jones owns the Cowboys, and they live in Texas.

Lord, I hope he can find a better spot than either of those.

I actually think Dallas might be the best possible place for Hack. They run a pro style system similar to O'Briens. Have a fantastic Young offensive line that will be intact for years and Hack will have the opportunity to sit and learn which I think he needs a year or two of.

Hack isn't a plug and play guy but u can be in a lot worse places than a place where he can sit a couple years and has the best line in the league along with Dez Bryant waiting for him when it's his turn

I think the Cowboys are a perfect fit. But I don't think the Cowboys are going to go after him unless he slips to the third or maybe the fourth round. That would be surreal for
a young man. I'm sure Christian saw some Cowboys games and interviews when he was back as a junior high player. And now he'd be in the locker room with some of those same guys.

I think the Cowboys are a good fit. He will have time to learn and develop behind Romo without the pressure to play immediately. I think it also might help him to move to a new media market (so not Philly) and start over.

I think the Cowboys are a good fit. He will have time to learn and develop behind Romo without the pressure to play immediately. I think it also might help him to move to a new media market (so not Philly) and start over.

I mean this respectfully but philly would be an awful place for him. He would have all this hype about being a penn state boy in philly but philly fans have about as much patience as Rosie o'donnell waiting in line at the all u can eat buffet. After 1 year of not making the pro bowl he would get blown out of philly in that media market

Reactions: marshall23
I mean this respectfully but philly would be an awful place for him. He would have all this hype about being a penn state boy in philly but philly fans have about as much patience as Rosie o'donnell waiting in line at the all u can eat buffet. After 1 year of not making the pro bowl he would get blown out of philly in that media market

I would agree if he were a 1st or 2nd round pick which I don't think the Eagles would view him as. To me he wouldn't be taken until the 3-5 rounds by the Eagles (if they are interested) and he would be viewed much like Matt Barkley. By that, I mean, not a savior but as a POTENTIALLY good QB down the road.

Doubt that Eagles fans would expect him to be the starter until year 3 at the very earliest. The only Penn State angle may be for PSU fans in the area to have their first true NFL QB since Collins.

So far you've said bad things about the Cowboys, Eagles, and the New York teams. Where is your precious team located??
I'm a long suffering Eagles fan, I just don't want to see Hack have to deal with playing there. A better situation would be away from the fans/press in Philly with a team with a solid QB and coaching staff. Packers, Steelers, Pats all come to mind.

If Hack would drop to later rounds, I'd love to see the Steelers draft him. Let him sit for 3 years behind Ben then take over.

I would agree if he were a 1st or 2nd round pick which I don't think the Eagles would view him as. To me he wouldn't be taken until the 3-5 rounds by the Eagles (if they are interested) and he would be viewed much like Matt Barkley. By that, I mean, not a savior but as a POTENTIALLY good QB down the road.

Doubt that Eagles fans would expect him to be the starter until year 3 at the very earliest. The only Penn State angle may be for PSU fans in the area to have their first true NFL QB since Collins.

So Matt McGloin's not a "true" NFL QB.....?

I actually think Dallas might be the best possible place for Hack. They run a pro style system similar to O'Briens. Have a fantastic Young offensive line that will be intact for years and Hack will have the opportunity to sit and learn which I think he needs a year or two of.

Hack isn't a plug and play guy but u can be in a lot worse places than a place where he can sit a couple years and has the best line in the league along with Dez Bryant waiting for him when it's his turn

I have my fingers crossed that Hack ends up a Cowboy. This will give him a couple of years to get acclimated and confident and will provide Dallas with a talented understudy in case (when) Romo gets hurt.

Right now he is better fit for the Eagles. He would be 3rd string behind two NFL QBs that have another few years in them. Romo is getting pretty old, another injury will probably be his last, plus they have no plan B (at least that I'm aware of). In short, Hack would not be ready to play if Romo goes down. He needs 2-3 years to develop. So if he is around in the third round he would be a good risk.

Dallas is no better.. I've spent some time at The Ticket's studios.. .they're brutal

Millen is supposedly putting in a "plug" with the Lions for Hack to be Stafford's successor. He's desperately trying to save face. :)

I think much of the garbage being said about Hackenburg is a direct reflection of the trashiness that our so-called culture has become. Disappoint us and we will hate you. And if you're part of the national media who loves to hate Penn State because of the Sandusky mess lets pile on Hackenberg. Afterall, he had the nerve to go to Penn State after we publically excommunicated them. Hackenberg doesn't deserve the treatment he is getting here or in the national media.

I think much of the garbage being said about Hackenburg is a direct reflection of the trashiness that our so-called culture has become. Disappoint us and we will hate you. And if you're part of the national media who loves to hate Penn State because of the Sandusky mess lets pile on Hackenberg. Afterall, he had the nerve to go to Penn State after we publically excommunicated them. Hackenberg doesn't deserve the treatment he is getting here or in the national media.

Yup; fans doing the dirty work for teams who may be interested in him. The backlash here once he declared for the draft certainly helped lower his stock (he helped himself too). Teams who want him appreciate that from us so they don't have to spread rumors (though they still are) to lower his stock.

dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-1200x758.jpg

I wanna be a Cowboy!

I'm a long suffering Eagles fan, I just don't want to see Hack have to deal with playing there. A better situation would be away from the fans/press in Philly with a team with a solid QB and coaching staff. Packers, Steelers, Pats all come to mind.

So basically Dallas but since ur an eagles fan you can't say Dallas...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT