ADVERTISEMENT

Election a Referendum on Dems' Abuse of Justice System

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Even some dems know it. Damning...............

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-good-reason-to-vote-for-trump-53a74e62?st=knlv7k3yf9f2cgz

President Joe Biden’s Justice Department is still trying to imprison his chief political rival—including for alleged offenses similar to ones that Justice’s special counsel believes Mr. Biden himself committed. (Justice won’t charge Mr. Biden—the special counsel reported that our current president is too cognitively impaired to prosecute.) But when it comes to jailing Donald Trump, the possibly good news for Mr. Biden and clearly bad news for our republic is that friendly Democrats in New York City appear to have done the dirty work for him.

The obscene spectacle in a Manhattan courtroom seemed to be an almost daily reminder that the protections for the accused that we all learned about in school do not exist for Donald Trump in the chambers of Juan Merchan, who allowed falsehoods to be repeated to a jury, allowed prejudicial irrelevant testimony to paint the defendant in the worst possible light, and allowed a prosecutor with an obvious bias against the defendant to bring the case in the first place. To top it off, as the defendant prepared for trial he was not even told precisely how he was supposed to have committed felonies.

Reader Fred LaSor responds to the New York verdict:

I would like to comment. I can’t. I’m so angry about the immorality of this decision all I can do is shout at the heavens. I don’t like Trump; I would likely not have voted for him before this decision. (Nor would I have voted for Biden, a true lost soul.). Now I plan to donate to Trump’s campaign.
I lived for many years in the Third World. I’ve seen it all before.
Former prosecutor and CNN fixture Elie Honig writes in New York magazine:
The judge donated money — a tiny amount, $35, but in plain violation of a rule prohibiting New York judges from making political donations of any kind — to a pro-Biden, anti-Trump political operation, including funds that the judge earmarked for “resisting the Republican Party and Donald Trump’s radical right-wing legacy.” Would folks have been just fine with the judge staying on the case if he had donated a couple bucks to “Re-elect Donald Trump, MAGA forever!”? Absolutely not.
District Attorney Alvin Bragg ran for office in an overwhelmingly Democratic county by touting his Trump-hunting prowess. He bizarrely (and falsely) boasted on the campaign trail, “It is a fact that I have sued Trump over 100 times.” (Disclosure: Both Bragg and Trump’s lead counsel, Todd Blanche, are friends and former colleagues of mine at the Southern District of New York.)
Most importantly, the DA’s charges against Trump push the outer boundaries of the law and due process. That’s not on the jury. That’s on the prosecutors who chose to bring the case and the judge who let it play out as it did.
The district attorney’s press office and its flaks often proclaim that falsification of business records charges are “commonplace” and, indeed, the office’s “bread and butter.” That’s true only if you draw definitional lines so broad as to render them meaningless. Of course the DA charges falsification quite frequently; virtually any fraud case involves some sort of fake documentation.
But when you impose meaningful search parameters, the truth emerges: The charges against Trump are obscure, and nearly entirely unprecedented. In fact, no state prosecutor — in New York, or Wyoming, or anywhere — has ever charged federal election laws as a direct or predicate state crime, against anyone, for anything. None. Ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News