Election deniers lose in important Secretary of State races

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004

All the Trump-backed candidates in key swing states who denied the 2020 election results, while vying to be their state’s top election official, lost their race — in a telling sign of Donald Trump’s destructive influence.

Former President Trump zeroed in on some key Secretary of State races, where he believed an ally in the highly-regarded position — which serves as a state’s chief elections official — would help him win when he likely runs again in 2024.

However, the embattled ex-commander-in-chief’s strategy seemed to backfire.

Most notably, Republican Jim Marchant, the leader of a conservative group of Trump supporters who claim the 2020 election was stolen, lost his race to be Nevada’s Secretary of State Saturday

Marchant is president of the America First Secretary of State Coalition, formed to support a slate of right-wing candidates in the 2022 secretary of state elections.

Marchant promised voters that if he was elected, Trump — who he has repeatedly said won in 2020 — would be president in 2024.

“When my coalition of secretary of state candidates around the country get elected, we’re going to fix the whole country, and President Trump is going to be president again in 2024,” Marchant confidently declared in October.

However, America First and Trump-backed candidates fizzled in their races.

Republican activist Kristina Karamo lost by 14 points to Democrat incumbent Jocelyn Benson in Michigan, Mark Finchem lost the hotly-contested Arizona race to Democrat Adrian Fontes, and Audrey Trujillo was beat out by her progressive counterpart and incumbent Maggie Toulouse Oliver in New Mexico.

Michigan GOP secretary of state candidate Karamo is a community college instructor who became a major voice in the Great Lake State for her election denial.

She repeatedly parroted the baseless claim that former President Trump won the 2020 election, and rallied with him.

Reactions: NJPSU

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The Leftie press in their biased and cult like manner refer to election deniers but never attach the accurate term Russiagate deniers to the Dem candidates such as Schiff and Pelosi. Russiagate was much more serious and scandalous than Trump's BS about the 2020 election.
They're wrong so often you know it's by design. And there are issues with voting , I've mentioned multiple times a friend who has worked with project amistad. He found multiple cases of fraud, like 75 democrat voters registered to an abandoned shack. The thing was foreclosed 8 years ago and you could've fit a mid sized car in it.
This was one example and this was in Maricopa county. I am convinced the republicans are winning the actual legal votes by a big margin.

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
The voters are smarter than I thought. They realized that these candidates would do whatever Trump wanted, be willing to break the law and destroy Democracy. None of them won. Long live Democracy.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The voters are smarter than I thought. They realized that these candidates would do whatever Trump wanted, be willing to break the law and destroy Democracy. None of them won. Long live Democracy.
Cheating in elections is a threat to democracy .

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
They're counting the Arizona governor votes yet FFS. Up until and including 2016 I never saw this and now things can't get counted ?
Oh that's right Florida did. You people are either willfully stupid or crooked. I have no respect for you either way.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
No intelligent person could be satisfied with how elections are conducted now.

Look at California. Most races are about 60% counted as of right now.

Regardless of whether there is fraud or not, it destroys public confidence.

In fact, if you have confidence in that election process, you're just stupid.

Pre-emptive strike: No, we are not saying that there is evidence of fraud, just that no rational person can have confidence in that process.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
you mean like laundering money through Ukrain and pretending that the Steele Dossier was factual to get a FISA warrant on a sitting president?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

In fact, if you have confidence in that election process, you're just stupid.

Pre-emptive strike: No, we are not saying that there is evidence of fraud, just that no rational person can have confidence in that process.
It's evidence of fraud, not proof. Certain evidence makes you look into things. Then you start digging. Me seeing you looking both ways to see if anyone is watching you with your hand in your waist band is evidence or maybe the better word is cause to stop and frisk you.
This is probable cause to look into it. I'm sure you heard my arizona story by now, aboput the abandonded shed in Maricopa County in 2020? 75 newly registered Democrats to an address. the address had a shed not big enough to house a car, let alone people. The property was foreclosed on 8 years ago.
There was no evidence of anyone living there recently, let alone 75 people. Shortly after that they shut down the election due to COVID. Imagine that.

junior1

May 29, 2001
I don't accept that voting for a republican would be a threat to democracy..they are not exclusionary. There are a heck of a lot of our military and or first responders and their function in life is to protest democracy
We'll see how smart the voters are when, or if, we hear complaints about high prices this winter.
Let's face it, democrats found an issue that resonated and republicans didn't. Let's hope that our government collectively can come to some agreements and compromise on issues of imortance to us all.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

You know what else destroys public confidence? A sore loser President of the United States refusing to admit he lost.

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
I don't accept that voting for a republican would be a threat to democracy..they are not exclusionary. There are a heck of a lot of our military and or first responders and their function in life is to protest democracy
We'll see how smart the voters are when, or if, we hear complaints about high prices this winter.
Let's face it, democrats found an issue that resonated and republicans didn't. Let's hope that our government collectively can come to some agreements and compromise on issues of imortance to us all.
Not voting for a Republican. Voting for Republicans that got Trumps blessing by claiming that Trump won in 2020 therefore they are willing to do anything to please Trump.

junior1

May 29, 2001
Not voting for a Republican. Voting for Republicans that got Trumps blessing by claiming that Trump won in 2020 therefore they are willing to do anything to please Trump.
OK I understand. But why then vote for a democrat that claimed that Trump didn't win in 2016? Is a denier not a denier?
Look, the election is over. there are too many problems facing this country for supporters of either party to keep sticking fingers in the other guy's eyes. It's time for both sides to call a truce and move on with issues important to all americans. I'd start with the deficits and immigration. There should be enough give and takes for both sides to come to a compromise.

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
OK I understand. But why then vote for a democrat that claimed that Trump didn't win in 2016? Is a denier not a denier?
Look, the election is over. there are too many problems facing this country for supporters of either party to keep sticking fingers in the other guy's eyes. It's time for both sides to call a truce and move on with issues important to all americans. I'd start with the deficits and immigration. There should be enough give and takes for both sides to come to a compromise.

I don’t know who the denier you are talking about since Hillary conceded.

Reactions: NJPSU

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
you're kidding right? There was a line of representative on the house floor that stepped to the podium and decried trumps election as illigitimate. Someone posted a montage on here recently
Please provide evidence since it must not have been a big deal because I don’t remember. I Don’t track politics like posters like you. Hillary the candidate conceded but Trump the candidate did not concede and continue to lie about the 2020. If you have a problem then you are a Trump loyalist. Was 1/6 a walk in the park?

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Please provide evidence since it must not have been a big deal because I don’t remember. I Don’t track politics like posters like you. Hillary the candidate conceded but Trump the candidate did not concede and continue to lie about the 2020. If you have a problem then you are a Trump loyalist. Was 1/6 a walk in the park?
Here you go.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Congress member not the candidate running for President. What about the insurrection? What What Trump has done is nowhere the same as what happen in 2016. You might think it’s the same but independent voters see a difference.
No insurrection.

Insurrectionists would have brought guns.

Anyone saying otherwise is dishonest or stupid.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
you’re an idiot. Republicans lose in 2024 because you stayed with Trump too long.
You already you're no political junky and have a limited knowledge base. Why should we take you seriously ? Your opinions seem to be very uninformed and pretty basic .

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
You already you're no political junky and have a limited knowledge base. Why should we take you seriously ? Your opinions seem to be very uninformed and pretty basic .
Coming from the guy convinced there was going to be a Red Wave.

junior1

May 29, 2001
Congress member not the candidate running for President. What about the insurrection? What What Trump has done is nowhere the same as what happen in 2016. You might think it’s the same but independent voters see a difference.
well, you seem to have changed from "show me" to congress member...denier is denier.......what about insurrection? I'm an independent and i know a denier when I see a denier.

Wouldn't it just be easier to say thanks for posting, I wasn't aware that so many democrats took that position?

Latest posts