ADVERTISEMENT

Electric Fences and Broken Legs

Cowbell Man

Feb 2, 2002
While I have skied in Utah many times, fate delivered a torn ACL one time. My ski stuff stolen from my car another time, and smashed my leg leaving me with loads of titanium. I finally listened.....don't come back to UTAH to ski. Vancouver, Vermont, Wyoming.....all good. Things are better since I heeded the signs.

I peed on an electric fence once. Most farm boys do it once, then trick their friends. Regardless of the trick, I haven't peed on one since. Things are better.

I paid for Flo a couple of times. My life is a lot better since I stopped and just relied on IronHead.

I might have to quit looking at PBP threads too. Flo looms large on those. Whoa.

I encourage all of you to just make your life better. Go with tried and true Jeff Byers and never look back upon Flo.

:)

While I have skied in Utah many times, fate delivered a torn ACL one time. My ski stuff stolen from my car another time, and smashed my leg leaving me with loads of titanium. I finally listened.....don't come back to UTAH to ski. Vancouver, Vermont, Wyoming.....all good. Things are better since I heeded the signs.

I peed on an electric fence once. Most farm boys do it once, then trick their friends. Regardless of the trick, I haven't peed on one since. Things are better.

I paid for Flo a couple of times. My life is a lot better since I stopped and just relied on IronHead.

I might have to quit looking at PBP threads too. Flo looms large on those. Whoa.

I encourage all of you to just make your life better. Go with tried and true Jeff Byers and never look back upon Flo.

Old timey tonight listening to Ironhead. Lights low, fireplace burning a mix of year old hardwood, and Jamison in hand. Other than being at the match; nothing could be finer.

Multiple Manhattan’s and IronHead……. Can’t beat that combination tonight. Phuck Flo !!
Never have given them my $$, never will.
I wish others would stop supporting that clusterphuck, then they would go 6’ under. Not worth the frustration.

I grew up in a neighborhood surrounded by two large dairy farms and I never pissed (or even considered pissing) on an electric fence. If 800+ pound cows were scared of them I wanted nothing to do with them. :)

I really doubt someone pissed on electric fence on purpose.

the-simpsons-to-alcohol.gif

Agree! I’ve worked a farm the past 3 decades and get nipped with the electricity 3-4 times a year. It’s usually a crossed wire that links onto one of our many metal gates. We divide electrical hits into 3 categories: 1.) a light zap that travels up the arm. 2.) a strong zap that travels up the arm and across the chest. 3.) in wet weather the god damned thing will simply knock you off your feet like Ant the Champ. It’s hard to imagine the shock that would come from
Pissing on a hot wire.
I grew up in a neighborhood surrounded by two large dairy farms and I never pissed (or even considered pissing) on an electric fence. If 800+ pound cows were scared of them I wanted nothing to do with

Out west where everything is irrigated I have an aluminum sprinkler line of pipe next to an electric fence. Have to shut of the valve slide under the fence carry the 30' aluminum pipe 50' and hook back up. I wasn't paying attention standing on ground recently received 2" or irrigation. Holding the pipe against my waste, and I hit the fence. Never felt an Ant the Champ double but it couldn't hurt any worse.

During Covid when we were all on lockdown, I’d come up from work to make my family dinner every night. I would put on NPR and listen to the local and global news. I’d look forward to it every day while working. Ironhead has that same mystique.

Agree! I’ve worked a farm the past 3 decades and get nipped with the electricity 3-4 times a year. It’s usually a crossed wire that links onto one of our many metal gates. We divide electrical hits into 3 categories: 1.) a light zap that travels up the arm. 2.) a strong zap that travels up the arm and across the chest. 3.) in wet weather the god damned thing will simply knock you off your feet like Ant the Champ. It’s hard to imagine the shock that would come from
Pissing on a hot wire.

Never worked on a farm but I did accidentally hit a 220 volt once, damn that stung.

ADVERTISEMENT