Epic fail by PSU President

PA college fan

Jun 26, 2001
Very poor handling of whole Proud Boys situation. About 300 students protested and despite campus police, police on horses, the collective group watched as 4 goons with masks kept threatening to pepper spray students and police just stood by. Then one of them started spraying and hit some students and a few cops. The four of them calmly walked off and there is video of one of them stopping and tapping one of the campus cops. Some retired faculty were there out of concern for students and have photos and flushed out eyes. Then the President puts out a press release blaming the students for inciting violence and canceling event. Many videos have surfaced nationally and Penn State admin getting called out for not being truthful and many angry parents are calling administration. They wasted 7500 of the mandatory student activity fee on this trash activity and will still get sued by PB. More of the same incompetence from the new President— just like she fired the Louisville whistleblower — transparency and truthfulness are not her forte.

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014
Very poor handling of whole Proud Boys situation. About 300 students protested and despite campus police, police on horses, the collective group watched as 4 goons with masks kept threatening to pepper spray students and police just stood by. Then one of them started spraying and hit some students and a few cops. The four of them calmly walked off and there is video of one of them stopping and tapping one of the campus cops. Some retired faculty were there out of concern for students and have photos and flushed out eyes. Then the President puts out a press release blaming the students for inciting violence and canceling event. Many videos have surfaced nationally and Penn State admin getting called out for not being truthful and many angry parents are calling administration. They wasted 7500 of the mandatory student activity fee on this trash activity and will still get sued by PB. More of the same incompetence from the new President— just like she fired the Louisville whistleblower — transparency and truthfulness are not her forte.
Not sure what your info is, but I saw a video of some coed blasting a big loogey on one of the guests.

not sure why we can’t have speakers without all of this constant bullshit. If you don’t like the speaker, don’t go. If no one likes the speaker, then no one will go. Simple.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Sounds to me like an inside job to create the appearance of a situation to cancel it and the PSU officials at minimum played along. There is no free speech and universities appear to be the most close minded of all. At one time we could debate ideas openly and universities facilitated it.

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
Sounds to me like an inside job to create the appearance of a situation to cancel it and the PSU officials at minimum played along. There is no free speech and universities appear to be the most close minded of all. At one time we could debate ideas openly and universities facilitated it.
This has been going on for several years at this university; the dolts who run it want it to be like Berkley East. The piece of garbage who spit on the speaker should be charged with assault and expelled, but I doubt that that will happen. The problem is that these spoiled brats have no emotional control and are intolerant to any opposing viewpoint, and the people in charge refuse to hold them accountable. That's why a lot of comedians refuse to play on college campuses anymore.

I've been a PSU sports fans since the mid-70s and love going up there for the games, but I never would spend my money sending a child of mine to that university, and I'm sorry if that offends some of you.

KC-KS-Lion

Oct 10, 2005
Not sure what your info is, but I saw a video of some coed blasting a big loogey on one of the guests.

not sure why we can’t have speakers without all of this constant bullshit. If you don’t like the speaker, don’t go. If no one likes the speaker, then no one will go. Simple.
Reminds me of the adage 'What if somebody gave a war and nobody came'. Everybody has a right to peacefully protest, but going beyond that line just feeds the other side and not yours.

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
Reminds me of the adage 'What if somebody gave a war and nobody came'. Everybody has a right to peacefully protest, but going beyond that line just feeds the other side and not yours.
If you start expelling for actions like this and ban the expelled person from ever attending another PSU branch, then maybe people would think twice about their actions. Like I previously said, there is no accountability because frankly most of the people who run universities like PSU these days support this behavior.

When I was a law student at Pitt around the time of Desert Storm, I attended a function in which former AG Ramsey Clark spoke as part of my International Law course. His politics were diametrically opposed to mine, as well as several of my classmates. During this program, he called for President Bush to be prosecuted for war crimes. Despite the incendiary subject of his presentation, he was not interrupted and was permitted to speak. That almost never would be allowed to happen now if the speaker has a right of center political point of view, which says a lot about the generation who is attending university now.

Last edited:

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
the issue is that if you start letting radical people on campus to speak from one side, then you need to let the other side have their radical people. not like the leader of the Proud Boys is a good look for PSU to have on campus as a speaker. now back before the internet, when people like this came to campus, nobody knew about it and maybe 100 people showed up and maybe a few protestors. so nothing much ever happened. now with the internet, it gets blasted out and everybody wants their 10 minutes of fame.

Reactions: bison13

KC-KS-Lion

Oct 10, 2005
the issue is that if you start letting radical people on campus to speak from one side, then you need to let the other side have their radical people. not like the leader of the Proud Boys is a good look for PSU to have on campus as a speaker. now back before the internet, when people like this came to campus, nobody knew about it and maybe 100 people showed up and maybe a few protestors. so nothing much ever happened. now with the internet, it gets blasted out and everybody wants their 10 minutes of fame.
I would suggest substituting 'immature', 'ill-mannered', 'impolite', etc for 'radical'...there are 'radical'/extreme ideas and behavior on all sides that people can and should take offense to, or at least point out...it's more about the method and the overall impact.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Four goons in masks with pepper spray. Sounds like Antifa, the leftist fascist group. Amazing they have been doing this for decades and never had the FBI or any other law enforcement agency make major arrests of that organization.

Last edited:

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
Four goons in masks with leper spray. Sounds like Antifa, the leftist fascist group. Amazing they have been doin* this for decades and never had the FBI or any other law enforcement agency make major arrests of that organization.
Do you mean that when this current administration says that domestic white extremist groups are the biggest threat to this country (LOL), they actually don't mean Antifa, which right now probably is the most violent domestic extremist group in this country, which is made up mostly of spoiled, bored white brats? I'm shocked, I tell you.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Do you mean that when this current administration says that domestic white extremist groups are the biggest threat to this country (LOL), they actually don't mean Antifa, which right now probably is the most violent domestic extremist group in this country, which is made up mostly of spoiled, bored white brats? I'm shocked, I tell you.
I meant the Attorney General that said that parents at school board meetings are a threat to the country.......

PSUPride1

Apr 24, 2003
You're quoting the counter protesters who were the aggressors from the jump. And we have free speech in this country, or at least we did before progressives decided they determine who gets to voice opinions.
Some people have some crackpot opinions but they have the right to express them.
And I wonder if these students would protest if antifa thugs held a rally.

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
I meant the Attorney General that said that parents at school board meetings are a threat to the country.......
Well, of course parents who are justifiably horrified at what their children are being taught and speak at school board meetings are much more dangerous than a violent anarchic extremist group that sets buildings on fire, beats people up, knocks down statues, etc. At least they are according to the current administration.

PSU_Nut

May 29, 2001
Four goons in masks with leper spray. Sounds like Antifa, the leftist fascist group. Amazing they have been doin* this for decades and never had the FBI or any other law enforcement agency make major arrests of that organization.
Is that your standard go to excuse? It couldn't be the white nationalists, neo-Nazis who did this? It has to be a conspiracy from the left? Do you normally defend hate groups?

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Surprised? The new leadership is messing up the football experience, too.

maypole

May 9, 2022
I've been a PSU sports fans since the mid-70s and love going up there for the games, but I never would spend my money sending a child of mine to that university, and I'm sorry if that offends some of you.
Who cares? Any spawn of yours is likely to be a fascist moron, like you.

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
An example: You.
That's exactly what I thought you would say. That's the fallback for somebody who knows nothing and just spouts words that they hear that sound good. I'm actually surprised that you didn't call me a racist too, because that's another term that dummies like you apply without any thought or consequence. Keep trying.

I guess if somebody is for free speech without being worried about being assaulted with no consequences is a fascist, then I guess I am.

maypole

May 9, 2022
That's exactly what I thought you would say. That's the fallback for somebody who knows nothing and just spouts words that they hear that sound good. I'm actually surprised that you didn't call me a racist too, because that's another term that dummies like you apply without any thought or consequence. Keep trying.
You are probably a racist, too. But you are definitely a far right fascist jackass.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24

maypole

May 9, 2022
No one defended them. They defended their right to speak where invited peacefully. Are you defending the violence that shut down that speech?
I’m against all violence, from either left or right, fascists or anti fascists, but it is unclear which side instigated it. The cops did apparently mace protestors.
According to one report from Vice:
“The officers on horseback were joined by cops in riot gear and gas masks. Meanwhile, four far-right agitators with their faces completely covered and one wearing a helmet were surrounded by protesters, menaced protesters with a can of pepper spray. VICE News observed police doing nothing to intervene. One of the agitators emptied the can, spraying protesters and media who were present. The agitators left the scene, while the protesters tended to individuals who’d been hit badly with the chemical irritant.”

Last edited:

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
I’m against all violence, from either left or right, fascists or anti fascists, but it is unclear which side instigated it. The cops did apparently mace protestors.
In your estimation who instigated it and how? Are you implying the cops took appropriate action?

maypole

May 9, 2022
In your estimation who instigated it and how? Are you implying the cops took appropriate action?
It’s complicated. According to a report from Vice:
“The officers on horseback were joined by cops in riot gear and gas masks. Meanwhile, four far-right agitators with their faces completely covered and one wearing a helmet were surrounded by protesters, menaced protesters with a can of pepper spray. VICE News observed police doing nothing to intervene. One of the agitators emptied the can, spraying protesters and media who were present. The agitators left the scene, while the protesters tended to individuals who’d been hit badly with the chemical irritant.“
I don’t know whether the cops took appropriate action but according to other reports they also maced protestors.
Why don’t you research this for yourself or would you rather jump to conclusions?

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
It’s complicated. According to a report from Vice:
“The officers on horseback were joined by cops in riot gear and gas masks. Meanwhile, four far-right agitators with their faces completely covered and one wearing a helmet were surrounded by protesters, menaced protesters with a can of pepper spray. VICE News observed police doing nothing to intervene. One of the agitators emptied the can, spraying protesters and media who were present. The agitators left the scene, while the protesters tended to individuals who’d been hit badly with the chemical irritant.“
I don’t know whether the cops took appropriate action but according to other reports they also maced protestors.
Why don’t you research this for yourself or would you rather jump to conclusions?
It sounds staged to me. The account at the start of the thread indicates not only did the 4 agitators leave without consequences to them but seemed to do so with police coordination.

Then one of them started spraying and hit some students and a few cops. The four of them calmly walked off and there is video of one of them stopping and tapping one of the campus cops.
The liberal campus got what they wanted. There was no free speech. They had their excuse to shut it down and only minor acceptable injuries to their own students who they will need to vote in a couple of weeks.

The invited speakers were spit on by a student who likely faces no consequences despite being captured on camera.

The 4 agitators who assaulted students in front of a large police presence including a number on horses were simply allowed to walk off with no consequences even captured on camera stopping on their way out and tapping one of the cops.

How stupid and naive do democrats believe people are?

Why would 4 agitators be allowed to assault students and not be arrested with a heavy campus police presence?

Why were invited speakers allowed on campus to not speak while collecting thousands of students' money just to get spit on by a student who will face no consequences?

Why was this timed just before an election where democrats are nearly universally being rejected for failed policies which have yielded record high inflation that persists at record high levels for at least the last 6 months and certain recession in 2023 according to nearly every economist?

This was timed also with the Oz-Fetterman debate for which democrats needed to run cover.

JR4PSU

Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
People who defend fascists are usually fascists.
You definitely qualify, then. You do, after all, support America’s current most fascist organization, antifa.

Fascism: stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
None of this surprises me. When Berkeley started doing this, then Rutgers, we all knew free speech was dead in America. Only a pussy and power mongers wants to shut people up.

Reactions: m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
None of this surprises me. When Berkeley started doing this, then Rutgers, we all knew free speech was dead in America. Only a pussy and power mongers wants to shut people up.

Totalitarians.