ADVERTISEMENT

Epperly and Brascetta quitting VA Tech?

psuflyguy

Mar 23, 2013
I just heard from a buddy who follows VA Tech that Epperly and Brascetta are quitting. No more info than that, and nothing officially substantiated. Have any of you heard anything about this?

Dunno what to make of that; Mark Berman tweeted the below last night.

"Heard from a buddy that follows VT" Hmmm...

why is that such an issue? some folks on this board follow college wrestling 24x7x365. other folks are passionate about PSU wrestling, but only follow headlines about other teams. And others haven't the time or interest to follow it as closely as others, but know that they can get answers to most questions about college wrestling on this board.

Reactions: andegre
It's not an issue Tom. It's when you see any story on any message board start out with "Heard from a buddy of mine who follows another school... it just comes off as a bit sketchy. Maybe the rumor has legs I guess. Unfortunate for VT if true

WildTurk, please note I didn't pass it off as gospel, and openly stated my intent as looking for any validation of the story that might exist among fellow board folks. I'm a PSU grad, life long PSU fan, but live among and - wait for it - have buddies/pals/chums/friends/acquaintances/amigos who are, in fact, VA Tech grads/fans and as such have ties to that program and the news and/or rumors that come from it. But this board has been freaky in its ability to get wrestling news first and, for the most part, right. I was just seeing if anybody else here might have the scoop.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
Which is.............................?

As always, Jason's podcast is worth a listen. Dresser is very good at talking about his team and Jason does a nice job steering the conversation.

Brascetta and Epperly are still with the team. Sounds like both are healthy. Brascetta could have gone last weekend and is likely to go this weekend. Epperly recovered from his injury but missed last weekend because of a family matter. (Dresser didn't specify.) He might be back this weekend too.

It sounded like Dresser has heard about the rumor flyguy asked about in the OP.

No issue at all with the original post...just wish the heading would be reworked...even something simple like a "?" after the statement.

Dollars to donuts people just read the title of this thread and start telling their friends "Hey, did you hear Brascetta and Epperly quit" without reading the thread.

Dollars to donuts people just read the title of this thread and start telling their friends "Hey, did you hear Brascetta and Epperly quit" without reading the thread.

Yep, with social media these days all news is like the old game of Chinese whispers. Remember back in grade school the teacher would whisper a message to a student and they would pass it around the room and it would come back at the end as something completely different?

This one starts out with someone saying Epperly missed the VA Duals for some unknown reason and ends up that he quit the team and so did Brascetta. It could be true, but I'm betting it's not. Any takers? :D

Brascetta wasn't close to quitting. Never. He may have had thoughts about "retiring" considering his injury history. Epperly on the other hand, yes. Is/was close to quitting. He is roommates with Kevin Norstrem, who DID quit.

No issue at all with the original post...just wish the heading would be reworked...even something simple like a "?" after the statement.
Agree Roar. In fact, after I posted it I thought the same thing, but to be honest, couldn't figure out how to edit the subject line. Sorry guys, and thanks for the edit catch, Tom!

Maybe it's just me, but I did find it interesting that neither guy was mentioned in Dresser's final comments at the very end of the show.

That is REALLY grasping at straws. At the end he was talking about analyzing the performance and progress made at the VA Duals and neither of those guys wrestled there so why would he mention them?

Nova, You're right, my bad. I should have gone back and listened to him a second time before commenting.

Didn't Norstrem quit just a little bit ago? I mean, it wasn't WAY off-base, but I'm glad they're still wrestling. VTech is a fun program to watch and follow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT