ADVERTISEMENT

Escape the Rock Jan 15-16 -- Nasdeo + Feldman-Mullen II

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
All seeds in this tweeter thread: https://twitter.com/WrestleETR

Of particular note:
- 106: 1 Nate Desmond
- 113: 6 Cael Nasdeo. Top 6 at this weight is stupid loaded. 1 seed is Anthony Knox, who beat up on Bo Bassett.
- 120: 16 Asher Cunningham
- 126: 7 Dalton Perry
- 132: 3 Luke Simcox
- 138: 1 Tyler Kasak, 4 Pierson Manville
- 172: 1 Rune Lawrence, 2 Mike Dellagatta -- this could be another wild final
- HWT: 1 Nick Feldman, 2 Jim Mullen, 6 Alex Birchmeier (PSU Football commit)

Tourney underway, into the quarters. Nasdeo, Perry, and Simcox withdrew.

Alive into the quarters:
- 106: 1 Desmond with 2 pins
- 113: 1 Knox with a TF + a pin
- 120: 13 Cunningham, with a MD and a 2-1 upset over 4 seed McIntyre (Beca)
- 138: 1 Kasak with a TF and a 14-0 MD. 4 Manville with 2 pins.

FloArena not showing any HWT match results yet.

HWT: Feldman, Mullen, and Birchmeier all into the quarters. All 3 had an opening bye. Then Feldman by 1st period TF, Mullen by 1st period fall, and Birchmeier with a 5-4 win over the 11 seed with two 3rd-period takedowns.

Mentioning a possible rematch between Feldman-Mullen as a marquee showdown is about the same as Zain-Sorensen. Or a bug and a windshield, if you will.

Reactions: fronk71
Quarters results:
106: Desmond 9-0 MD
113: Knox 20-5, 4:23 TF
120: Cunningham L 4-2
138: Kasak 7-2, Manville F 1:56, will face each other in the semis
HWT: Feldman F 3:39, Mullen 16-6 MD, Birchmeier L 5-2

Quarters results:
106: Desmond 9-0 MD
113: Knox 20-5, 4:23 TF
120: Cunningham L 4-2
138: Kasak 7-2, Manville F 1:56, will face each other in the semis
HWT: Feldman F 3:39, Mullen 16-6 MD, Birchmeier L 5-2
Who do u like at 138?

Tourney underway, into the quarters. Nasdeo, Perry, and Simcox withdrew.

Alive into the quarters:
- 106: 1 Desmond with 2 pins
- 113: 1 Knox with a TF + a pin
- 120: 13 Cunningham, with a MD and a 2-1 upset over 4 seed McIntyre (Beca)
- 138: 1 Kasak with a TF and a 14-0 MD. 4 Manville with 2 pins.

FloArena not showing any HWT match results yet.
See? Perry is going to wrestle the college guys. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: CholleyVandine
113: Knox slips by Botero 9-8. Dominant on feet (4-0 takedowns) but got reversed to his back in the 1st.

Gets PA state finalist Jacaruso in the finals. Jacaruso likes to slow the pace. This will be a good match to see if Knox can impose his will.

120 consis: Cunningham 4-3 over Almeyda (NJ), then a MFF.

Next: consi semis vs. Joyce (RI). Has clinched at least 6th place.

Reactions: danoftw
138 semis: Kasak 4-2 over Manville. Gets 6 seed Griffin (Hill Academy) in the finals.

Manville gets 2 seed Crook (FL) in the consi semis.

Feldman-Mullen II is on. Mullen F 0:55, Feldman 18-3 TF 2:57.

Birchmeier DNP after getting pinned in consis by Williamsport's Charles Crews. DIdn't see the match but from the scoresheet, looked like a neutral fall. Crews was up 6-2 at the time.

Reactions: danoftw
Feldman-Mullen II is on. Mullen F 0:55, Feldman 18-3 TF 2:57.

Birchmeier DNP after getting pinned in consis by Williamsport's Charles Crews. DIdn't see the match but from the scoresheet, looked like a neutral fall. Crews was up 6-2 at the time.
Approximate time for Feldman vs Mullen? Best guess?

Approximate time for Feldman vs Mullen? Best guess?
Placement matches are underway -- 113 3rd and 5th underway, 113 finals about to start. They did not start at 106, so I don't know if they will go in order from 113 or in some other sequence.

Correction: what I said above appears to be a Flo-ism, go figure. I only have it on Arena because I'm a masochist and instead flipping between the Eagles-Bucs game and the Sparky-Princeton wrestling-optional dual. Arena mats now blank, so it appears as though the finals have not yet started.

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone
Upset in the 113 finals -- Jacaruso 6-4 SV over Knox.

Jacaruso got a takedown with about 0:15 left in regulation to go up 4-3, then got dinged for top stalling to send the match to OT.

Placement matches are underway -- 113 3rd and 5th underway, 113 finals about to start. They did not start at 106, so I don't know if they will go in order from 113 or in some other sequence.

Correction: what I said above appears to be a Flo-ism, go figure. I only have it on Arena because I'm a masochist and instead flipping between the Eagles-Bucs game and the Sparky-Princeton wrestling-optional dual. Arena mats now blank, so it appears as though the finals have not yet started.
Thanks!

Upset in the 113 finals -- Jacaruso 6-4 SV over Knox.

Jacaruso got a takedown with about 0:15 left in regulation to go up 4-3, then got dinged for top stalling to send the match to OT.
Got called for top stalling with less than 15 seconds left in the match? Wow. I like aggressive stall calling, but that is a whole new level.

Got called for top stalling with less than 15 seconds left in the match? Wow. I like aggressive stall calling, but that is a whole new level.
Word may be getting around on Jacaruso.

I don't think he's committed anywhere yet but is a great fit for Lehigh.

Looks like Mullen might be Mason Parris to Nick Feldman's Gable Steveson. Since the next Gable is already taken, I'll still happily take the next Mason Parris all day.

Reactions: ccdiver and fronk71
Round 2 Feldman vs Mullen was more lopsided than the first match. Feldman basically sat on top of Mullen for like 4-5 minutes. I think he was 4 for 4 on his shot attempts and got a reversal in p2. Kinda felt like he didn't want to embarrass Mullen by running up the score. At least in the first match Mullen got to Feldman's legs a couple time.

Was up 4-3 on a restart with :09 left. Dropped to a leg with :05 left and the ref correctly made the call - Kurt W. one of the state and nation's finest.

Jacaruso with late heroics in both his semi and final. Losing 4-2 to Link in the semis - ties it with a TD with :30 to go and rides out to force OT. Wins in SV with :01 left in the period. Then down 3-2 late to Knox, gets a TD with about :15 to go. The stall call sends it to OT, but Jacaruso with a sweet double that Knox walked into to take the belt.

I've seen that kid so many times - CR South and Del Val are in 3 tournaments together every year and we do their offseason duals a couple of times a year. He can really wrestle. He doesn't always - but when he decides to wrestle he's got talent.

A few observations from the tournament:

Finals - which can sometimes underwhelm with kids wrestling tight - were outstanding this year.

#1 Knox goes down and was also tested in semis, but is super talented on his feet.

Freshman Caedyn Ricciardi (St. Peter's Prep) had a whale of a tournament, knocking off Nick O'Neill, Frinzi and Luke Poore in succession. He had lost to both Frinzi and Poore at the Beast.

138 was an absolute meat grinder - not sure if we have ever had a better weight class. Kids that will be on the podium for sure not making the blood round. Three kids who have been nationally ranked at times this year not on the podium. Kasak is just a great wrestler. Manville was a tough out, but Kasak controlled the 2nd half of the match. I thought he may be in trouble in the finals after giving up a reversal to Griffin who is one of the best HS guys on top I've seen, but a pancake in the 2nd period sealed the deal. Quakertown frosh Colin Gaj was very impressive and is a kid to watch.

tOSU commit Gavin Brown was really good here this year. 152 took a bit of a hit with scratches, but Brown dominated some very good wrestlers - which he hasn't always done in the past. Wish Fedalen hadn't scratched - Brown would have been a handful for him this week.

189 had a local kid, Quinn Collins, knock off the Beast champ in the semis and was down in the 3rd before headlocking a very good Tampa Jesuit kid for the fall and the win. Was a very fun match and a crowd-pleaser.

I was concerned we were going to get hit badly by scratches because of Omicron and we did lose some - Central Mountain and four other teams, a couple of #1 seeds, and others, but fortunately, it wasn't as bad as I thought. A few weight classes got hit, but overall not many.

ADVERTISEMENT