ADVERTISEMENT

Football ESPN FPI projects Penn State Football's remaining schedule

hard to argue with any of those. the MD vs UM game this weekend should be interesting. Both have played well against cupcakes so it will be the first game against teams that can fog a mirror if you hold it to their noses. take it back a bit, MD struggled with SMU

Last edited:
hard to argue with any of those. the MD vs UM game this weekend should be interesting. Both have played well against cupcakes so it will be the first game against teams that can fog a mirror if you hold it to their noses. take it back a bit, MD struggled with SMU
I'd love to be wrong, but I have a difficult time seeing Maryland as little more than a speed bump for UM.

I'd love to be wrong, but I have a difficult time seeing Maryland as little more than a speed bump for UM.
Outgained substantially by SMU and the usual 145 yards in penalties (undisciplined)....not to mention a penchant for turnovers. I think the talent level may be there, but hard to progress without cleaning things up. Because of a good QB etc....when the stars align, they can be dangerous. But it isn't a formula for consistent success.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
About right and while I will be disappointed if we lose to Michigan and Ohio State, I can live with winning the rest of the games we should win. A step in the right direction.

Don’t sleep on SMU - they have a pretty good team and have the ability to beat everyone left on their schedule.

About right and while I will be disappointed if we lose to Michigan and Ohio State, I can live with winning the rest of the games we should win. A step in the right direction.
totes mcgoats.

I am concerned about UM's running backs and running game. I think they'll be challenged to stop our passing attack. Should be the game of the year, IMHO. I expect to win every other game. Beating tOSU is a tall task. But beating UM would be awesome yet, feel we have to do everything right in order to do that.

totes-ma.gif

totes mcgoats.

I am concerned about UM's running backs and running game. I think they'll be challenged to stop our passing attack. Should be the game of the year, IMHO. I expect to win every other game. Beating tOSU is a tall task. But beating UM would be awesome yet, feel we have to do everything right in order to do that.

totes-ma.gif
Having a real running game threat should help. Next up we need to unleash more play action passes.

Reactions: Obliviax
Having a real running game threat should help. Next up we need to unleash more play action passes.
Great point. I was watching the Auburn tape and they often dropped their S into run coverage. Our WRs were one-on-one but we didn't, or couldn't, go there. We've missed our deep passes all year long. These have been a staple of CJF's offense since he got here (explosive plays).

I think the % against Minny is too high and way too low against Michigan. Not sure about OSU but I think we'll know more about them after this week against Wisconsin

Don’t sleep on SMU - they have a pretty good team and have the ability to beat everyone left on their schedule.
Let's see what they do against TCU this weekend. The American is definitely down this year but even with that schedule they look like a 7-5/8-4 team. If they beat TCU maybe I'll change my mind but they haven't been impressive thus far.

Definitely higher vs Michigan, who is overrated. I’d put it at 45-48% vs Michigan. Slight dog because it’s on the road. Neutral site I’d have it a pure coin toss.

Reactions: rrdd2021
Need a vertical threat to open up play action pass routes, that could be the Omari Evans kid or Kaden Saunders. Thought Malick Meiga had legit speed but he has barely played

Reactions: Online Persona
If Clifford is 100% healthy with no nagging injuries I believe the chances to win in big house and white out vs osu will be higher. Same with the other games. If he gets nicked up or God forbid out for anytime throw it all out the window. Nothing against Allar but this team and past are dominate with healthy Clifford and not without. Coaches and team can’t handle emotions with that change. Lucky a 6 year player should be able to manage that. I’m encouraged the running game is a huge improvement over past years and the oline is minimizing the hits on Clifford. They go as far as he goes this year. And yes I know he isn’t the best qb in b10 or football but for this team right now it’s all about him staying healthy for a true run.

If Clifford is 100% healthy with no nagging injuries I believe the chances to win in big house and white out vs osu will be higher. Same with the other games. If he gets nicked up or God forbid out for anytime throw it all out the window. Nothing against Allar but this team and past are dominate with healthy Clifford and not without. Coaches and team can’t handle emotions with that change. Lucky a 6 year player should be able to manage that. I’m encouraged the running game is a huge improvement over past years and the oline is minimizing the hits on Clifford. They go as far as he goes this year. And yes I know he isn’t the best qb in b10 or football but for this team right now it’s all about him staying healthy for a true run.
White out is Minny

ADVERTISEMENT