ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone, order your Nominating Ballot for Alumni candidates for the upcoming BOT election

Agoodnap

Sep 27, 2015
I have always believed that everyone interested in running or elected positions deserves to be on the ballot. I urge each of you to nominate every person that requests to be nominated so that we have a large, unbiased pool from which to choose in the actual election. I never understood why anyone would not nominate a potential candidate that has requested their assistance. Being put on the ballot allows the candidate to participate in the process...nothing more or less.

So, with this said, here is the link to request a nominating ballot. Every Alumni can participate in BOT elections...no other requirement is necessary.

http://trustees.psu.edu/2018election/index.html

You need the candidates exact name, graduation year, and major in order to nominate them to be place on the ballot.

Laurie Stanell has asked in the different post for your support.

I hope any other potential candidates will come forward and reply within this thread of their intentions along with the information required for the ballot. I'd also expect that they would follow up with a description of their goals. I'm sure more details about each candidate who makes it on the ballot will come out as the election process takes place.

Everyone, I urge you to support ALL those who ask for your support...We ARE!

Thanks,

This thread isn't getting much play...Well, here is bump.

This morning I checked and hadn't received my ballot so I went to the link above and requested one...I just received an email stating they received my request and that I would be receiving a nominating ballot soon. One has to wonder why I had to do this as I haven't changed my email in 4 years.

I also wanted to get attempt to get others to jump into the race. The more we can get on the ballot the better. Whether you end up voting for new candidates or not you'll certainly get more point-of-views by allowing everyone that wishes to take part in the process.

Come people, who wants to run? I can think of several candidates, in addition to Lauren, that I'd be interested in learning about their platforms and positions.

Larry?
Barry?
Wendy?

These three plus more would be a good start. Lets get this moving...

Thanks for this thread. My ballot was in my Spam folder (again), with a caution from the server that the email "does not come from a reputable sender". Understatement of the year!

Reactions: Royal_Coaster
We can each nominate up to 3 candidates. Are there another 2 that we can help get on the ballot??

DTnue13W0AATw-l.jpg

I also wanted to get attempt to get others to jump into the race. The more we can get on the ballot the better. Whether you end up voting for new candidates or not you'll certainly get more point-of-views by allowing everyone that wishes to take part in the process.

Come people, who wants to run? I can think of several candidates, in addition to Lauren, that I'd be interested in learning about their platforms and positions.

Larry?
Barry?
Wendy?

These three plus more would be a good start. Lets get this moving...
No one cares anymore. Ira and his boys run things and nothing is going to change.

I have always believed that everyone interested in running or elected positions deserves to be on the ballot. I urge each of you to nominate every person that requests to be nominated so that we have a large, unbiased pool from which to choose in the actual election. I never understood why anyone would not nominate a potential candidate that has requested their assistance. Being put on the ballot allows the candidate to participate in the process...nothing more or less.

So, with this said, here is the link to request a nominating ballot. Every Alumni can participate in BOT elections...no other requirement is necessary.

http://trustees.psu.edu/2018election/index.html

You need the candidates exact name, graduation year, and major in order to nominate them to be place on the ballot.

Laurie Stanell has asked in the different post for your support.

I hope any other potential candidates will come forward and reply within this thread of their intentions along with the information required for the ballot. I'd also expect that they would follow up with a description of their goals. I'm sure more details about each candidate who makes it on the ballot will come out as the election process takes place.

Everyone, I urge you to support ALL those who ask for your support...We ARE!

Thanks,
So if a handjob from Upyours State comes on here asking for nominations, you still believe that every person that requests to be nominated should be?

And does it even matter at this point? 9 votes will never win anything, and 9 times out of 10 they just sit there not saying anything (spare me the "fighting the good fight behind closed doors" spiel).

Reactions: BBrown
So if a handjob from Upyours State comes on here asking for nominations, you still believe that every person that requests to be nominated should be?

And does it even matter at this point? 9 votes will never win anything, and 9 times out of 10 they just sit there not saying anything (spare me the "fighting the good fight behind closed doors" spiel).
Please move to the back of the line.

Many alums, understandably, are in despair over the current leadership and have, for all practical purposes, walked away from Penn State. I will admit I count myself among them. Still, I am, deep down, an optimist, and so I will quote F. Scott Fitzgerald: "the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."
As for me, while I admit the cause appears lost, I will continue the fight so that, in the end, at least these bast'ds knew someone cared.

Many alums, understandably, are in despair over the current leadership and have, for all practical purposes, walked away from Penn State. I will admit I count myself among them. Still, I am, deep down, an optimist, and so I will quote F. Scott Fitzgerald: "the test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."
As for me, while I admit the cause appears lost, I will continue the fight so that, in the end, at least these bast'ds knew someone cared.
Well, you said that a lot more eloquently than I could have and you didn't even swear at them. :)

At this point it looks like we have two possible new candidates:

Laurie A Stanell 1980

Barry J Fenchak Class of 1984

Will any others care to step up? Wendy? Larry? Unknown Knight(s)?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT