ADVERTISEMENT

Ewers not very good

christoph

Jul 27, 2001
So he is Tom Brady immobile but not a great passer. What are his strengths? He just was missing receivers last night, and if he had to move around at all it got worse.

Btw see how Texas players get 300k lambos to drive?

So he is Tom Brady immobile but not a great passer. What are his strengths? He just was missing receivers last night, and if he had to move around at all it got worse.

NIL man...nothing wrong with that
Beck Ewers and Arch struggled last night. That happens against fast elite defenses. Ewers is overrated but he's generally accurate. The real question is how healthy is he.

Any QB would have struggled against Georgia in the game against Texas. The primary problem was not Ewers nor Manning. The primary problem was the Texas offensive line. They were bullied, pushed around, and flat out beat up by the Georgia defensive front.

In addition, the speed of the Georgia defensive backs and line backers on timely blitzes caused a couple of those strip sack fumbles.

I still think last night was a perfect example of how most fans aren't realistic regarding QBs. Elite QB turn the ball over. That game had 3 future first or second round picks and all struggled because elite defenses are tough to play against. It's part of the learning curve.

Any QB would have struggled against Georgia in the game against Texas. The primary problem was not Ewers nor Manning. The primary problem was the Texas offensive line. They were bullied, pushed around, and flat out beat up by the Georgia defensive front.

In addition, the speed of the Georgia defensive backs and line backers on timely blitzes caused a couple of those strip sack fumbles.
Does anyone know when the officials huddled to overturn the pass interference call? Before or after the fans threw water bottles on the field? Probably a bad call but when they reversed the call 10 minutes later I was hoping Georgia would beat them by 40 (and I’m not a Georgia fan).

Georgia last night looked like PSU last year.....with a great deal of pressure coming from DEs, Outside LBS and just enough pressure coming up the middle which took away the ability to step up in the pocket.

Last year against U of M when they ran the whole second half on us....it was a combination of 1) an ability to run well enough 2) a desire to not allow the PSU Defense to get sacks, interceptions, holding calls etc........ that would put them behind the sticks. As good as Michigan's OL was last year, they had trouble pass blocking aginst PSU.

Georgia played aggressive man, mixed in zone and had those fast lbs. coming on obvious passing downs....... The Texas QB had no time to scan the field, and if he found somebody they were having to make contested catches and they were tackled. Very impressive from Georgia, not sure where that has been so far this year, but clearly Kirby got after the defense this week.....he got them to ramp it up against the number 1 team on the road......

Last year against U of M when they ran the whole second half on us....it was a combination of 1) an ability to run well enough 2) a desire to not allow the PSU Defense to get sacks, interceptions, holding calls etc........ that would put them behind the sticks.
the hell's a holding call?

Reactions: PSU Soupy
His mechanics are inconsistent and he’s injury prone. Nasty GA defense or not, he lost a lot of money last night.

I’ve watched him a lot. He trusts his arm way too much and makes some really dumb mistakes
I agree. The receivers were open. He had time of just had to move around a bit. The throws just were not there and he had laser lock too often. Herby even commented.

Reactions: psu1969a
Does anyone know when the officials huddled to overturn the pass interference call? Before or after the fans threw water bottles on the field? Probably a bad call but when they reversed the call 10 minutes later I was hoping Georgia would beat them by 40 (and I’m not a Georgia fan).

The call was reversed after the fans threw water bottles on the field.

During the throwing of the bottles the refs discussed it--I'd imagine they got help from the booth even though they couldn't
Georgia did what teams are supposed to do--they made it irrelevant

GA pass rush was on him in a second and a half. His replacement didn't do any better. QBs get all the glory and all the blame. But they won't perform if you don't have a good OL. There is a reason why Brady went to Tampa as a free agent. He's no dummy.

The press just loves hyping anything Longhorns. They are always like Oklahoma, overrated.

I guess the rationale was that the need to clean up the debris caused a delay which gave officials time to review and reverse the call.

A precedent set that officiating crews may regret.
They got the call right. What annoyed me was how Smart whined and whined after the call was reversed. I guess what do you expect him to do but his team never should of benefitted from what was a complete garbage call to begin with. He even complained after they won saying they "tried to rob us". What a tool. I guess he was so pissed about the process of it being reversed but get a grip any sane person knows they got the call right and they can huddle to reverse a call. It's like the only robbery going on would have been if your team got the benefit of that incompetent call.

Georgia was sending max pressure and knew where the check downs were. They were making him go to the check down then jumping those routes. Texas was out coached.

Of course, it would help if they could have given any time to throw. They didn't seem to want to max protect.

Georgia was sending max pressure and knew where the check downs were. They were making him go to the check down then jumping those routes. Texas was out coached.

Of course, it would help if they could have given any time to throw. They didn't seem to want to max protect.
They absolutely refused to max protect which made zero sense

I still think last night was a perfect example of how most fans aren't realistic regarding QBs. Elite QB turn the ball over. That game had 3 future first or second round picks and all struggled because elite defenses are tough to play against. It's part of the learning curve.
Sometimes, the other team has good players as well, and good coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT