ADVERTISEMENT

EXCESSIVE. HEAT. WARNING. [insert the face here]

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
:eek:

For my area in NEW. JERSEY. :eek: , per weather.com:

"...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM EDT SUNDAY... * HEAT INDEX VALUES...AROUND 105 TO 110 TODAY AND AROUND 105 TO 115 SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. * TIMING...12 PM TODAY THROUGH 8 PM SUNDAY. * IMPACTS...EXTREME HEAT CAN CAUSE ILLNESS AND DEATH AMONG AT- RISK POPULATION WHO CANNOT STAY COOL. THE EXCESSIVE HEAT MAY QUICKLY CAUSE HEAT STRESS OR HEAT STROKE. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN THE COMBINATION OF HEAT AND HUMIDITY IS EXPECTED TO MAKE IT FEEL LIKE IT IS 105 DEGREES OR GREATER. TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS IF YOU WORK OR SPEND TIME OUTSIDE. WHEN POSSIBLE, RESCHEDULE STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES TO EARLY MORNING OR EVENING. KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT STROKE. WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING WHEN POSSIBLE, AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. SENIORS AND THOSE WITH CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEMS OR MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS ARE AT INCREASED RISK. HOMES WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING CAN BE MUCH HOTTER THAN OUTDOORS. USE AIR CONDITIONING TO STAY COOL AT HOME OR GO TO A PLACE THAT HAS AIR CONDITIONING. CHECK ON VULNERABLE FRIENDS, FAMILY MEMBERS AND NEIGHBORS. TO REDUCE RISK DURING OUTDOOR WORK, THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION RECOMMENDS SCHEDULING FREQUENT REST BREAKS IN SHADED OR AIR CONDITIONED ENVIRONMENTS. ANYONE OVERCOME BY HEAT SHOULD BE MOVED TO A COOL AND SHADED LOCATION. HEAT STROKE IS AN EMERGENCY! IN CASES OF HEAT STROKE CALL 9 1 1."

Lines and lines of ALL. CAPS. :eek: . That's some serious OUTRAGE. :eek: . I love these guys.

HEAT. :eek:

Be careful if you are experiencing such weather today and on the weekend.

Reactions: Connorpozlee

"...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM EDT SUNDAY... * HEAT INDEX VALUES...AROUND 105 TO 110 TODAY AND AROUND 105 TO 115 SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. * TIMING...12 PM TODAY THROUGH 8 PM SUNDAY. * IMPACTS...EXTREME HEAT CAN CAUSE ILLNESS AND DEATH AMONG AT- RISK POPULATION WHO CANNOT STAY COOL. THE EXCESSIVE HEAT MAY QUICKLY CAUSE HEAT STRESS OR HEAT STROKE. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN THE COMBINATION OF HEAT AND HUMIDITY IS EXPECTED TO MAKE IT FEEL LIKE IT IS 105 DEGREES OR GREATER. TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS IF YOU WORK OR SPEND TIME OUTSIDE. WHEN POSSIBLE, RESCHEDULE STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES TO EARLY MORNING OR EVENING. KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF HEAT EXHAUSTION AND HEAT STROKE. WEAR LIGHT WEIGHT AND LOOSE FITTING CLOTHING WHEN POSSIBLE, AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. SENIORS AND THOSE WITH CHRONIC HEALTH PROBLEMS OR MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS ARE AT INCREASED RISK. HOMES WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING CAN BE MUCH HOTTER THAN OUTDOORS. USE AIR CONDITIONING TO STAY COOL AT HOME OR GO TO A PLACE THAT HAS AIR CONDITIONING. CHECK ON VULNERABLE FRIENDS, FAMILY MEMBERS AND NEIGHBORS. TO REDUCE RISK DURING OUTDOOR WORK, THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION RECOMMENDS SCHEDULING FREQUENT REST BREAKS IN SHADED OR AIR CONDITIONED ENVIRONMENTS. ANYONE OVERCOME BY HEAT SHOULD BE MOVED TO A COOL AND SHADED LOCATION. HEAT STROKE IS AN EMERGENCY! IN CASES OF HEAT STROKE CALL 9 1 1."

Lines and lines of ALL. CAPS. :eek: . That's some serious OUTRAGE. :eek: . I love these guys.

Yeah, ok. Wear less clothes!
P.S. girls don’t sweat, they glisten!!
db528520a29f7cbe56ad716da479c080.jpg

37f16840bd65e2bc7bdad351946edfee.jpg

gisele.jpg

6fc064f747cdda5120582d5cc0cb1be8.jpg

17fd79c6653d77581fca206b0511ed1d.jpg

I've been getting alerts on my phone all week.
Right now its already Real Feel of 104º here in Balto. Noon.
They are saying possibly as high as 110º on Saturday.
No Artscape for tomorrow.

I've been getting alerts on my phone all week.
Right now its already Real Feel of 104º here in Balto. Noon.
They are saying possibly as high as 110º on Saturday.
No Artscape for tomorrow.

giphy.gif

Good point. I suggest your ignore the warnings and go out for a 6 mile run at lunch time today. Enjoy. :rolleyes:
-----
Hey wise guy, I know when it is hot. I know when to take it easy. And when to hydrate.

Don't need every newscast saying ITS HOT!

Don't need weather alerts on my phone saying ITS HOT!

Don't need road signs telling me ITS HOT!

Its been HOT! before.

It will get HOT! again.

Deal with it.

-----
Hey wise guy, I know when it is hot. I know when to take it easy. And when to hydrate.

Its been HOT! before.

It will get HOT! again.

Deal with it.

Angry much?

Good point. I suggest your ignore the warnings and go out for a 6 mile run at lunch time today. Enjoy. :rolleyes:
In Cleveland in 1998 working for Allied Van Lines as a summer gig while teaching.
@Obliviax can verify (if he was living there then) but I’m pretty sure there were 12-15 days over 100 on the thermometer that summer.
No one went over board, we just went to work and did our job.
You dealt with it.

OL

In Cleveland in 1998 working for Allied Van Lines as a summer gig while teaching.
@Obliviax can verify (if he was living there then) but I’m pretty sure there were 12-15 days over 100 on the thermometer that summer.
No one went over board, we just went to work and did our job.
You dealt with it.

OL
I recall a summer where it was incredibly hot for a long spell. This year has been really cool, until July 4th or so. I guess it evens out.

img.jpg

-----

Its been HOT! before.

It will get HOT! again.

Deal with it.

I think you have some anger issues. If you didn't need to be told all of this then WHY did you even open the thread, let alone respond? DEAL WITH IT and get over the name calling while you are at it. :p

Reactions: BBrown
I saw some events like races at Wall Stadium were being canceled due to the heat concerns.

What a shame. We are having a bit of a heat wave up here on the lake in Ontario. Why, I'm afraid the high today is going to be something on the order of 81 or 82 degrees!!! We'll soldier on somehow through this oppressive heat.

Bob, think how fast the bacteria grows in that kind of heat you are having. Food-borne illness never saw a hot day it did not like.

Reactions: step.eng69
Saw one of my neighbors w
What a shame. We are having a bit of a heat wave up here on the lake in Ontario. Why, I'm afraid the high today is going to be something on the order of 81 or 82 degrees!!! We'll soldier on somehow through this oppressive heat.

Bob, think how fast the bacteria grows in that kind of heat you are having. Food-borne illness never saw a hot day it did not like.

Plus with all the moisture in the air, it's like living in a petri dish inside of a non stop microwave.

All-weekend baseball tournament for 9 year olds, and 11 year olds still to proceed as scheduled, with forecasted temps on both days around 100 degrees here in the Boston suburbs. Possibly 5 games apiece during that spell ... none under the lights.

I think you have some anger issues. If you didn't need to be told all of this then WHY did you even open the thread, let alone respond? DEAL WITH IT and get over the name calling while you are at it. :p
----
Have lots of anger issues. :mad:I make Psychotic Mack Daddy look down right sane!:eek:

Don't be a wise guy and tell people to run six miles in extreme heat....:rolleyes:

Be cool!:cool:

Being that I work out in the sun all day today seemed cooler than yesterday and we went into a heat advisory at noon. Luckily it was cloudy. There’s probably 8 degrees there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT