ADVERTISEMENT

FC: GLOV, Knox faces extradition, if murder conviction is upheld - link

mn78psu83

Nov 10, 2011
Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz told AFP he believes "she will be extradited if it's (the guilty verdict) upheld."
"The
Italian legal system, though I don't love it, is a legitimate legal
system and we have a treaty with Italy so I don't see how we would
resist," he said.

The US has a bilateral extradition treaty with Italy and would be hard pressed not to honor her extradition, were Italy to request it.

List of countries with which US has an extradition treaty.

Could be going back "kicking and screaming."

That is some sick crap going on there. Luckily, Europe has a human rights court that has the power to fix this.

Personal opinions concerning her innocence or guilt aside, it does not appear that she has gotten a fair shake on what we assume to be principles of jurisprudence. What a bizarre chain of rulings. There is also still a chance the conviction will not be upheld and this will all be moot in the end.

It is such theatre though. The entire political system from Berlusconi tenure on has become a charade. And this whole scandal has this soap operatic feel that leaves the possible result dependent on the kind of furor local and national media outlets can drum up. The US system is corrupt enough, but this appears to be much worse.

BS! She got MORE than a fair shake but with our media painting her as the "poor-poor-pitiful" me scenario.

That picture, the one that was shown several months ago, could ID her as a liar.

I'd bet ya 10 to get ya 20 the FBI, with great photo enhancement, could ID that woman as her.

She's guilty.

Deport her is right!!

3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/23 11:21 PM by TheGLOV

Whatever "our" media said had no bearing on the fairness of the trial. The question is, what did the Italian media do? You know, the one that published all of the crazy monster of Florence prosecutor's false "leaks" and generally acted like hyenas.

An obvious wrongful conviction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT